[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest GoNz0

cheers m8, turns out it already was 160mb after i found the right part to check :)

some mods jsut seem to kill gapps off and the xda one did.

nice version of the mod though!, sticking with it for now.

only fault is CPU spy only shows deep sleep.

Edited by GoNz0

Guest sej7278

I finally got my first build done after a re-setup of the repo. Now that I'm slowly redoing my changes, I just wanted to say that the batterybar merges without errors here. Haven't tried a test build with it yet, but atleast there were no errors when applying the patches.

Framework 1/2

Framework 2/2

CMParts 1/2

CMParts 2/2

i'm using 6 patches, looking at the code, you can't replace two older framework/cmparts patches with the two newer colour patches.

MIUI-like Battery Bar (1/4) https://github.com/S...57dc7929200f700

MIUI-like Battery Bar (2/4) https://github.com/S...38e748f8ea7fd38

MIUI-like Battery Bar (3/4) https://github.com/S...35d3ac6257e5e7d

MIUI-like Battery Bar (4/4) https://github.com/S...fb84a86476f393a

MIUI-like Battery Bar Colors (1/2) https://github.com/S...9b5fe886610cf0e

MIUI-like Battery Bar Colors (2/2) https://github.com/S...f75564965bfd497

Guest JobSup

i'm using 6 patches, looking at the code, you can't replace two older framework/cmparts patches with the two newer colour patches.

MIUI-like Battery Bar (1/4) ...

MIUI-like Battery Bar Colors (1/2) ...

Imho there is no real need to include MIUI like battery bar via patches anymore. Just install T.E.A.M Battery Bar from Market (Ƥh... Play Store... can't get used to this childish name...).

It offers the same features but you don't have to mess with the patches anymore.

Have fun

Guest Benoe

I have a problem: My phone doesn't want to sleep when wifi is turned on.

I'm using targetbsp's latest rom with updated egl libs.

I doesn't even sleep after a full wipe.

Spare Parts shows Android System as the top process, but it's usage is not so much, only a thin blue bar is showing there.

Guest targetbsp

I normally have tasker take my wifi off with the screen but I just gave it a quick test and mine seems to sleep OK? At least it won't awake from keypad presses for me.

Someone on another site reported a sleep issue with an earlier build. If there's a fault there it will be in the new kernel - has anyone else had any issues?

Guest sej7278

Imho there is no real need to include MIUI like battery bar via patches anymore. Just install T.E.A.M Battery Bar from Market (Ƥh... Play Store... can't get used to this childish name...).

It offers the same features but you don't have to mess with the patches anymore.

Have fun

chargebar looks a lot more customisable than the MIUI battery bar patches too.

Guest ilopez85

Where exactly are the Gapps? They don't seem to be pre-included in this build, unlike your previous ones.

They are in the same place (system/app) you can check it by examining the zip

Guest Benoe

I normally have tasker take my wifi off with the screen but I just gave it a quick test and mine seems to sleep OK? At least it won't awake from keypad presses for me.

Someone on another site reported a sleep issue with an earlier build. If there's a fault there it will be in the new kernel - has anyone else had any issues?

Could you please also test it with a temporaly wiped data/dalvik partition?

I have used your previous rom with the same kernel, but with my original, long time ago wiped data partition. I had no sleep problems then, only others. Then I wiped data too, the original problem went away, and this sleep problem came in.

Guest Simono

I have no issues on leatest official nightly and there is no problem with new kernel. For now I don't use new libs for adreno. I flashed only leatest official nightly and GAPPS.

Guest Benoe

Slept fine for me after a data/dalvik wipe.

Thanks.

Do you have any other suggestion how to find out what causes the wakelock?

Logcat maybe?

Guest shmizan

So... if I decoded framework-res.apk, changed the value, and built the new apk from the modified "source"... How can I sign it?

Or shall I decode/edit/build the whole RAM, not only a single apk? I have found stg. on signing te apk files... Wouldn't it be a problem that the apk's are signed with different keys?

I know that practically all of the downloaded apk's are siged with different ones, but maybe the internal ones have more strict constraints.

I've read that when it's a system apk, there's no need to sign it.

I've just edited my framework-res.apk yesterday night. first try was with apktool: decompile, change some values in xml files and build - bootloop! then I've read somewhere, that the best thing to do is to copy all the files you didn't change, because they somehow get changed anyway. here's how:

I use APK Manager 4.9 (note: only use it for framework-res.apk. for other system apks I use apktool). there's v5.0.2 and the new tool called APK Multi Tool, but 4.9 works for me and I didn't update.

follow the instructions (choose project, decompile make changes recompile) and when you recompile it asks you if it's a system app and if you want to minimize the number of changed files to ensure least amount of errors. make sure you say yes and follow the instructions - no bootloop!

Edited by shmizan

Hey, does anyone think that this battery drain is usual?

I've tryed calibrating the battery again and again and that does nothing. I've even bought a new one but it's still the same. Hope any of you guys could help me :S

Of course this battery drain is not ok. The culprit seems to be Android OS. On my phone Android is in the lower single digits, 3% to be precise. So, only thing is you need to identify which process consumes the power. If you tip on the entry, it should elaborate a little.

Guest DoubleM101

I have a problem since ever with Cyanogenmod and i couldnĀ“t resolved it yet.. If anyone could help me i appreciate.

The battery percentage drop isnĀ“t linear.. The less battery it has, the faster it drops.. for example, it could take a day or two to drop from 100% to 90%, but from 25 to 0% is a question of an hour or two.

IĀ“ve tried some recalibration methods without success. The battery life is ok.. However itĀ“s not linear. The measure isnĀ“t reliable..

IĀ“ve tried some builds (stable and nightly) and itĀ“s the same.. With Coldfusion ICS itĀ“s ok

Guest Chris Banks

I have a problem since ever with Cyanogenmod and i couldnĀ“t resolved it yet.. If anyone could help me i appreciate.

The battery percentage drop isnĀ“t linear.. The less battery it has, the faster it drops.. for example, it could take a day or two to drop from 100% to 90%, but from 25 to 0% is a question of an hour or two.

IĀ“ve tried some recalibration methods without success. The battery life is ok.. However itĀ“s not linear. The measure isnĀ“t reliable..

IĀ“ve tried some builds (stable and nightly) and itĀ“s the same.. With Coldfusion ICS itĀ“s ok

Firstly, you can't really trust what the phone states as the battery level, I believe its not usually that accurate.

Secondly, (most) Lithium batteries do not discharge linearly at the extremes due to the cell chemistry. A little Google search tells me this is called the "capacity offset."

Guest DoubleM101

Firstly, you can't really trust what the phone states as the battery level, I believe its not usually that accurate.

Secondly, (most) Lithium batteries do not discharge linearly at the extremes due to the cell chemistry. A little Google search tells me this is called the "capacity offset."

But with stock ROM and with ICS betas it works fine.. At least much more linear.. I have read some ZTE blades have this problem with Cyanogenmod 7, others not.. DonĀ“t know why. My is Gen 2.

Guest nitsy01

Burgerz new roms seems good. Issue with soft button disappearing post reboot is now resolved. songs play loud and crisp. not sure if it was that way earlier!

changes below in Burgerz's next below:-

• NEXT BUILD ā€” 13MAR:

1. Revert back normal audio support w/o Sony XLoud2. Iā€™ve tested Sony Bravia and this engine seems to be good for image processing, may be it could be included in my ROM (Iā€™ll test it myself)3. Add support for CenterClock in CyanogenMod Settings (w/o SoftButtons, coz SB is useless for our device)4. Improove some 3D graphics speed5. Make the stock Launcher2 3D-looks

Guest Chris Banks

But with stock ROM and with ICS betas it works fine.. At least much more linear.. I have read some ZTE blades have this problem with Cyanogenmod 7, others not.. DonĀ“t know why. My is Gen 2.

Have you tried calibrating the battery when moving to CM7?

May be some use to you.

Edited by Chris Banks