[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest ironzy

I also use 12.04 but i have 64bit system. I think read somewhere that compile GB must have 64bit system. But i maby have wrong.

so it compiles fine for you on 64 bit? ive just installed ubuntu 64 bit 11.10 anyway

Edited by ironzy

Guest ironzy

mkdir ~/bin; curl https://dl-ssl.googl...e/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo; chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

PATH=~/bin:$PATH; repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread

gedit .repo/manifest.xml

delete the following lines thats not your device

repo sync -j16

woo it works, dont have to download all 313 projects again lol

Edited by ironzy

Guest ironzy

I think you need the 64 bit version. It used to warn of that at the beginning of compile.

i didnt see any warning nor does it warn you on the cyanogenmod wiki, it states both 32bit and 64 versions of ubuntu but it doesnt seem to work for me on 12.04 32 bit

Guest targetbsp

About 140mb I think. Most people are using 160mb because that's what the gen 1 to gen 2 converter gave us back before we had tpt helper. :)

Guest andreasTheJoker

thanks mate. Can you give me a link to find the tpt cause i forgot where to find it. I will try 140 mb partition.

And if i want to put gaps 140 mb partition would be fine?

Edited by andreasTheJoker

Guest targetbsp

To use 140 you'll need to use the tpt helper app on the market. The tpt's are 160 and which of those you need will depend on what gen your phone was when you bought it.

I *think* it will fit in 140 with gapps - it used to fit in 138. 145 might be safer.

I use a 165 so I can swap between CM9 and CM7 so I don't pay much attention to how much CM7 needs cause I know I have plenty of room.

Guest ironzy

finally compiled my first build, only took me like 5 days and 3 different versions of ubuntu lol didnt think it was gonna be this hard but theres a lot more to it than the wiki says, you have to install loads of different dependencies and then get java and the adb to work wow what a pain in the ass, just hope it doesnt brick my fone when I install it lol

Guest targetbsp

It is a bit painful first time. There's various steps missed that are probably obvious to long term linux users like adding bin to your path and then source whatever_file_you_added_the_path_to (i don't quite recall just now).

And that java sdk is getting harder and harder to track down everytime I set up a new VM lol

You don't actually need to get adb working for compiling. You can do this instead to get the proprietary files: http://android.modaco.com/topic/335328-romgen2cyanogenmod-7-android-237/page__st__10740__p__1838970#entry1838970

Probably a bit late for you now. :(

I've been thinking about writing a guide to setting up a linux build environment aimed at windows users rather than linux ones. :)

Guest shmizan

mkdir ~/bin; curl https://dl-ssl.googl...e/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo; chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

PATH=~/bin:$PATH; repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread

gedit .repo/manifest.xml

delete the following lines thats not your device

repo sync -j16

woo it works, dont have to download all 313 projects again lol

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.. wish I knew it a few weeks ago!

Guest Majkl007

Search for Burstlam build from 18022012.I go back, but the links is dead.If someone keeps it, will be appreciate.

what is the direct name of the file? I have on my PC: N353X-35-Full-Lang-signed.zip and N393X-fix2-signed (but this one is made in March or April)

Guest ironzy

It is a bit painful first time. There's various steps missed that are probably obvious to long term linux users like adding bin to your path and then source whatever_file_you_added_the_path_to (i don't quite recall just now).

And that java sdk is getting harder and harder to track down everytime I set up a new VM lol

You don't actually need to get adb working for compiling. You can do this instead to get the proprietary files: http://android.modac...70#entry1838970

Probably a bit late for you now. :(

I've been thinking about writing a guide to setting up a linux build environment aimed at windows users rather than linux ones. :)

lol yeh it is a bit late, once i got java working the adb worked fine it was just a ball ache to make it stick though, thank god for google search.

I actually did sort of a mini guide for ubuntu 12.04 64 bit which I built it on, just incase it wouldnt work again :P

Guest forbidden8
what is the direct name of the file? I have on my PC: N353X-35-Full-Lang-signed.zip and N393X-fix2-signed (but this one is made in March or April)

Not sure, but i think that is before N360... N358 or something.If it's not problem, upload N353 somewhere.Thx.

Edited by forbidden8

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Hey guys... Does anybody know where can I find just the youtube.zip and gmail.zip of google apps as single updatable zips? I have 7MB free in my CM7 system partition and I want to fill it up :) Thanks in advance.

Guest targetbsp

Hey guys... Does anybody know where can I find just the youtube.zip and gmail.zip of google apps as single updatable zips? I have 7MB free in my CM7 system partition and I want to fill it up :) Thanks in advance.

Titanium Pro can move any app you want to system.

Failing that you can move them from data to system using a root file explorer.

Or finally, use a root explorer to copy from data to sd card, open up gapps in winrar (or similar) and copy them into the system\app folder and reflash gapps.

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

Τhanks for the fast response. I ve tried moving those apps in the past with titanium but they didnt start at all and kept forceclosing. I ll try the two other solutions you suggested, if I have the skill to pull this off :P

Guest targetbsp

I find that If you've used the titanium option to integrate sys dalvik into rom, then you need to undo that before moving stuff into system or it goes pair shaped. You can redo the integration afterwards.

Guest mr_mufy

Hi peole.

I have a problem with CM7.2 and s2e.

If I install the s2e 1.2.1 version, i can't do the backup of my EXT-SD partition.

And some apps have desaper.

It's any bug now about this?

Tks.

Guest mr_mufy

I would repartition the SD card

I have reparticioned the SD card.

Have formated to. But if i install the S2E have the bug.

On the CWM can't mount the ext-sd partition...