[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

There's not much point because that would just be the nightly.

Hi, your "CM7.2 Unofficial September 5th" download doesn't work. Not the one you've crossed over (obviously), but not the Mediafire either.

Could you or someone add them for download, please!

Edited by saccet

Guest jackal-sk

I've returned to CM7 from JB since today I found out i got 3.5GB data transffered over limit, which makes 860 eur lol. "Android OS" did this, no idea what happned I've always had 400 mb max. I have zero custom apps, i only use email gps calendar and gtalk...

But i miss soft buttons so much is there any way of getting them, flashable zip would be nice.

Guest jackal-sk

CM 7.2 is much more snappier and responsive, I got used to ICS/JB and hadn't noticed this before. Loading time of apps, calendar, phone etc etc is instant.

Battery life with my standard workday usage - gps, emails, gtalk, mp3 is with no exaggeration almost doubled.

But still I miss soft buttons so much :) I've seen them another modded cm 7.2 rom, I forgot the name, isn't there any way of getting them into nightly builds ? Or perhaps the notification area mini buttons ? I forgot where and how to get them. If anyone knows please say.

But i miss soft buttons so much is there any way of getting them, flashable zip would be nice.

No idea if it works on the latestas I dont like soft buttons on a device this small so havent checked.

Make a backup before etc,etc.....

Guest dhoomktoo1

can someone point me to a list of commonly used blade mods available for CM7 ( center clock, long press back key - kills tasks etc )? i tried XDA / droidd forums without much luck. Thanks in advance

Guest mr.klee

Hi,

I have a ZTE Blade, Gen2. I just flashed a JB Rom and after some problems flashed the official CM7.2 (stable) right over it using CWM. Of course I wiped everything. I never tinkered with any TPT-stuff. Now my touchscreen is unresponsive from time to time. I read something about a kernel fix but I'm not sure if it's already included in 7.2 stable.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Nico

PS: I need this phone to be pretty stable as it's for my girlfriend and she doesn't know anything about flashing..

• 2 weeks later...

so the last CM7.2 stable is June 2012 approx.. who's used this and the latest nightlies? any major improvements or breakages since the stable? would be very useful to know thanks.

i'm running 7.2 stable on mine and no major issues. want to upgrade another phone from an old CM7.0x build and not sure whether to use stable or nightly. many thanks!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest targetbsp

I can't even remember what has changed since then. But I use builds based on the latest nightlies without issue.

Oh there was that USSD bug. I guess you'd want a nightly to not have that! See post 14670 onwards

Edited by targetbsp

thanks cool sounds like latest nightly is way to go. or that CyanMobile mod..

just realised what you mean by USSD bug.. def. don't want family using that, so latest it will be, thanks.

maybe CM7 should put out another stable?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest targetbsp

maybe CM7 should put out another stable?

I think they've long since moved onto CM10. There's never been all that much point in the stables anyway on the blade. Outside of 7.2 which was fine, I'm pretty sure every previous stable was worse than the nightlies before and after it. :D

Guest targetbsp

Yeah, except for the couple of ICS things obviously, most of them should all go on any CM7 without wipe. The kernel, I'm less sure how far back it will safely go. IIRC, it pre-dates 7.2 stable so it should be fine on that and newer.

sorry i worded that badly, i meant to update to latest nightly and then your stuff. all without wiping hopefully..

not really clear whether i should use the default kernel or yours (sej's) though?

So you find SmartassV2 better for battery life than Interactive? because with interactive i get superb battery life on last stable.. but then i changed battery at same time. anyone with a Blade from Xmas 2010, seriously consider a new battery from ebay now!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Snap.IT

sorry i worded that badly, i meant to update to latest nightly and then your stuff. all without wiping hopefully..

not really clear whether i should use the default kernel or yours (sej's) though?

So you find SmartassV2 better for battery life than Interactive? because with interactive i get superb battery life on last stable.. but then i changed battery at same time. anyone with a Blade from Xmas 2010, seriously consider a new battery from ebay now!

SmartassV2 IS better than Interactive, period. When it comes to kernels, targetbsp like me use the standard config and the only thing different between sejs and targets kernels are the version of wifi which some people prefer to use older versions of.

Personally i just use standard config of latest, it's given me great battery life with all CM7's i've tried.

Guest Snap.IT

I think they've long since moved onto CM10. There's never been all that much point in the stables anyway on the blade. Outside of 7.2 which was fine, I'm pretty sure every previous stable was worse than the nightlies before and after it. :D

I agree but would say that that applies to 7.2 stable too which has been a horrid experience for many users.

Guest targetbsp

You should be able to upgrade without wiping. With regards to the kernel it's difficult to say. It's more actually the change in wifi accompanying the kernel that's of interest. I find the newer (stock) one drains battery more and it doesn't much like my router. Others seem to think it's better on the battery. You kind of need to try both.

I've never tried interactive. But smartass was specifically designed to have better battery life than it. And smartassv2 better again.

http://wiki.rootzwik...ernors#Smartass

Edited by targetbsp

awesome thanks everyone! have changed mine to smartassv2 already, will be impressed if i get even better battery life.

this is another reason i'm sticking to CM7 (or GB roms), battery life is so important. and it's done almost no weird stuff at all (since june stable build).

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Snap.IT

You should be able to upgrade without wiping. With regards to the kernel it's difficult to say. It's more actually the change in wifi accompanying the kernel that's of interest. I find the newer (stock) one drains battery more and it doesn't much like my router. Others seem to think it's better on the battery. You kind of need to try both.

I've never tried interactive. But smartass was specifically designed to have better battery life than it. And smartassv2 better again.

http://wiki.rootzwik...ernors#Smartass

Could be that my phone is GEN3 and that is why it likes latest wifi so much.

Many people who have gen1 and 2's argue that earlier wifi drivers are better so there might be something to that.

As much as i've tried to analyze the bootloader and wifi drivers i've only found that they are about the same but not exactly the same and i got bored trying to figure it out so i settled with using standard layouts which work for all gens instead.

Guest targetbsp

Oddly the ICS/JB ones seem good and I assume they are recent?

[edit]

Actually, the above statement only applies to connection stability. Not sure I've tested power as I tend to have wifi go off with the screen anyway.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Snap.IT

Oddly the ICS/JB ones seem good and I assume they are recent?

[edit]

Actually, the above statement only applies to connection stability. Not sure I've tested power as I tend to have wifi go off with the screen anyway.

Good all around if you ask me and i use WIFI 24/7. (i actually use the galaxy mini as a router when i'm not on a local WIFI so it's ALWAYS WIFI for me. ;))

SmartassV2 IS better than Interactive, period. When it comes to kernels, targetbsp like me use the standard config and the only thing different between sejs and targets kernels are the version of wifi which some people prefer to use older versions of.

Personally i just use standard config of latest, it's given me great battery life with all CM7's i've tried.

interesting.. for me and my usage, SmartAssV2 is so far giving better responsiveness but quicker battery discharge, vs Interactive. didn't change any other settings, but maybe it does depend on how you use your phone..