NVFlash Setup Instructions

Guest djmcnz

Guest djmcnz
I have now used nvflash and get the test result as in the guide , but when trying to start my phone it still get stock on lg loading screen.

Commands in first post don't change anything on phone, can't be the cause.

Guest moler
Commands in first post don't change anything on phone, can't be the cause.

Are there any other steps to be taken after this guide ?

I have the nvidia usb recovery present in device manager and commands when running nvlflash --sync command shows the same as in guide . I then disconnect phone from pc and put back battery and try to start the phone.

Guest djmcnz
Are there any other steps to be taken after this guide ?

I have the nvidia usb recovery present in device manager and commands when running nvlflash --sync command shows the same as in guide . I then disconnect phone from pc and put back battery and try to start the phone.

Well that just sets it up and tests it... Now you need to actually use it... Check Paul's Nvflash thread for the files to flash back to stock.

Guest moler
Well that just sets it up and tests it... Now you need to actually use it... Check Paul's Nvflash thread for the files to flash back to stock.

Thx that did the trick , now my phone is working again ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest mrcharlie

Update 27/04

Okay, now that the G2x has been released there are different procedures
from this point on
to follow to flash the O2x and G2x back to stock. You must look in the appropriate forum to download the necessary files as well as the command line script.

Can anyone link me to the G2X flash, I can't seem to find it. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest bogazicili90

Thanks to NVFlash I recovered my O2X. It is not booted into recovery mode but with this program and instructions. I saved my phone!! Thank you djmcnz!!!

Okay,

So I suspect a few of you are going to want to jump on the NVFlash train that Paul is easing out of the station at the moment. NVFLash is the Nvidia utility for writing to the ROM on your Tegra2 phone, reading details and otherwise critical low level functions. For all intents and purposes this is akin to fastboot for many devices (although not the same as).

Below are the simple instructions and links to the necessary files.

thank you!

Guest djmcnz

Sorry for a noob question...

What exactly NVFlash can improve on my O2X ??

Nothing. Unfortunately.

NVFlash is the tool to put the original LG software back on your phone if you need to do that.

• 2 months later...
Guest djmcnz

link not working of nvflash utility please reupload or give me another link.

br

Wow, you're right... it's missing from my FTP server... ???

I will upload again tonight, sorry for the inconvenience.

Will reply here when it's done.

Guest Dyramometer

Dear reader,

I am experiencing some trouble with flashing using this utility.

When i start it, it works, but when I want to type something it jumps to another screen, then when I type again it does it again.

It does this for approximately 6 or 7 times (I don't remember correctly), and then just force closes.

Is this supposed to happen, or is this something only I am experiencing?

(By The Way this happens when I run the NVFlash.exe program)

If somebody could help me out here, that would be terrific.

Guest djmcnz

When i start it, it works, but when I want to type something it jumps to another screen, then when I type again it does it again.

It does this for approximately 6 or 7 times (I don't remember correctly), and then just force closes.

(By The Way this happens when I run the NVFlash.exe program)

I suspect you need to drop to the command line and execute the command from there... are you doing this? Or have no idea what I'm on about? (Which is okay too... I'll help you through)

Guest Dyramometer

I suspect you need to drop to the command line and execute the command from there... are you doing this? Or have no idea what I'm on about? (Which is okay too... I'll help you through)

No sorry I'm not really following you.

What exactly do you mean by dropping the command line, and then executing the line?

Guest djmcnz

No sorry I'm not really following you.

What exactly do you mean by dropping the command line, and then executing the line?

nvflash is a command line (DOS) utility that you run from a prompt like C:\>

If you just run it in Windows it will flash open a black window, scroll some text and close... is that what you're experiencing?

Guest Dyramometer

nvflash is a command line (DOS) utility that you run from a prompt like C:\>

If you just run it in Windows it will flash open a black window, scroll some text and close... is that what you're experiencing?

No it's when I start the NVFlash utility i get that command prompt.

But it wont allow me to type anything.

It only allows [Return] for continue or [q] for quit, and when you try anything else it just takes it as a continue command, and does what [return] does, which is continueing the lines.

Also when I do press [Return] the command prompt just generates a lot of information and options for my to choose, but I cant type anything, so I cant do anything with it.

I hope this helps you help me ;).

Guest djmcnz

No it's when I start the NVFlash utility i get that command prompt.

But it wont allow me to type anything.

It only allows [Return] for continue or [q] for quit, and when you try anything else it just takes it as a continue command, and does what [return] does, which is continueing the lines.

Also when I do press [Return] the command prompt just generates a lot of information and options for my to choose, but I cant type anything, so I cant do anything with it.

I hope this helps you help me ;).

When you type nvflash and run it do you get a screen like the one attached? You should...

post-723536-0-14722800-1325859338_thumb.

Edited by djmcnz

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I get to the part where it says

Navigate the the directory you extracted the NVFlash archive to

and then the black box just flashes on my screen and goes away.

​I am trying to flash back to stock because i am stuck in bootloop. ( possibly because i installed the wrong CWM. )

i just dont know what to do please help.

I get to the part where it says

Navigate the the directory you extracted the NVFlash archive to

and then the black box just flashes on my screen and goes away.

​I am trying to flash back to stock because i am stuck in bootloop. ( possibly because i installed the wrong CWM. )

i just dont know what to do please help.

Try using the comment prompt to run nvflash rather than Explorer. Hold shift, right click on the folder, click 'Open command window here' then in the black box that opens try typing your commands.

Guest Jimmy01

The flashing always stops with the following message: Bootloader download failed

What may be the problem? Have you got any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy