29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks!!

i guess i'll just stick to the external version and run it standalone (i.e. vol down + power). i've been running CWM standalone since Paul first came out with a version for O2X. The downside is that i have to manually do some stuffs but i guess that's quite manageable. The issues highlighted in page 10 of this same thread is giving me some confusion with regards to ROM Manager and the different CWM versions for O2X.

Guest kruppin

USB storgae can be quite usefull, can you fix this? :) I would prefer to use your recovery, becouse then I can use your reboot app which I find so convenient, unless it flashes a "non-working" recovery image that is. :rolleyes:

Guest MeX_DK

4.0.0.9 is now official available via RomManger

Any way to fix that its quick backup enabled no matter what you do?. I do not like that.

Guest asdfasftyututy

I've updated baseband to 622 and I've got a problem.

All my data was deleted because of that update. But I made a backup before but now I'm trying to restore the backup via Clockworkmod recovery V4.0.0.5 and when i push restore it freezes for about 1 min and the it goes to clockworkmod menu again and it doesn't restore anything.

Now I'm on cyanogenmod 7 rom could this be the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

4.0.0.9 is now official available via RomManger

any link to download this?

however i'm in trouble: i'm trying to back-up my device (4.0.0.5 installed) my when i select that option it tells me that it can't mount the SD card ... any tip/fix?

Guest kruppin

any link to download this?

however i'm in trouble: i'm trying to back-up my device (4.0.0.5 installed) my when i select that option it tells me that it can't mount the SD card ... any tip/fix?

You can download and install CWM 4.0.0.9 through the ROM Mangager app, it's on market.

And the other problem, you just reinsert the card when your inside the recovery, I'm also experiencing this sometimes, very annoying.. :P And another thing, 4.0.0.9 falls back to internal sdcard if no external sd-card is detected.

Guest kruppin

however what's the correct procedure to upgrade the recovery? just launch the (new) .bat file?

If you have used ROM Manager, as I said, then you would've installed CWM through there... But I guess you downloaded Rustys, or something, and then, yes just launch the bat file...

Guest pitywoman

any updates on CWM modaco flavor? :) I totally prefer this one than other compiled ones, cause it doesn't vibrate when in CWM...

yea yea agreed... hehe favor paul cwm...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest akshay_1991

Someone please get me out of this mess.

I tried flashing the latest vorkkernel using vorkkernel updater. On rebooting, the phone got stuck on the boot animation logo (It still is)

I tried booting into recovery mode using Power+Vol down as usual and the phone keeps going to software update mode. I don't get the CWM screen AT ALL.

I tried flashing the file install-clockworkmod-linux.sh but the terminal says "No device found" Debian gets started and it goes to No Device found. I'm using Ubuntu 10.10.

Any way out of this?

Guest pitywoman

Paul, will u update and release for latest cwm for us? as ur cwm only doesnt have vibrate issue on our phone.. or maybe u can reveal to other dev of how u make it and update it? thanks

Guest Stryke69

@akshay: Try holding the volume down and power button a bit longer. CWM-Mode takes some more time to load or whatever (e.g. compared to a ZTE Blade),10 seconds should do it

@luish: I can't promise that Pauls Version can be uninstalled like that, but you could try using the Rom Manager app. There you can install the latest recovery system and, whats more important for you, uninstall it afterwards. I'm just not sure if the uninstall method is directly available or if you HAVE to install a cwm with rom manager before.

Edited by Stryke69

Guest adamconda

Has anyone seen this error when running the windows CWM 4.0.0.5 bat file?

C:\Phone\CWM4.0.0.5>adb-windows shell /data/local/psneuter

Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

I was upgrading CWM to 4.0.0.5, and although it upgraded I can no longer mount /system!- no full wipes or nandroid backups

cheers

Guest pitywoman

did the job, thanks

too bad paul didnt update anymore for o2x cwm. issue on vibrate on my phone and some others will not be settled. pm paul but also no reply.. seems like this no more updates.

Guest Compuman74

Updated version now online to fix EXT4 issue! :)

P

I tried a ROM v20e with EXT4 and the backup didn't work

:(

Backup of ROM with EXT3 works fine.

The CWM version with the fix for EXT4 issue is out there?

Where ?

NB

Your CWM is the only one without the vibrate issue

THANKS

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Babtain

• 4.0.0.5 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 30855ab501eaf94cff71ccfecf6bd5e9

Hi Paul,

Just joined this great forum after unbricking my LG 2x using the nvflash procedure.

I have tried the above file 'CWM 4.0.0.5" and it was installed as per the posted instructions. The phone was restarted and I got into the CWM menu (blue colour text) successfully. The problem starts when I try to install a custom ROM namely 'CyanogenMod 7' because I heard that it supports Arabic text.

The ROM was put into a SDCARD and then I use the install from zip so as to install the rom. The installation starts which is rather fast to me something like a 30 seconds even less? I read somewhere that it takes longer like 10 minutes. I then restarted the phone but instead of the custom rom I get the white LG logo followed by a non animated LG start screen then the phone freezes. I tried different versions of the custom rom and even the stock rom but nothing happens differently after the CWM installation.

Could the CWM be the issue?

I'll be grateful for your advise or the advice of the knowledgeable wise men/women of the forum

Cheers

PS, OK so just found out that I may need to use the 'restore' function rather than the 'install from zip'. But I need to put the custom rom in this path Sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ ??? I did use a file manager on the phone but when I put the file there or at least i think i did.

Then when I used the restore function I do not see the file???

Edited by Babtain