11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Anil K Solanki

Yeah it makes sense to use them, the headers could be an unknown quality, cheap case might well have pretty bad front ports.

What I find intriguing, is the USB ports on the front of my Lian Li case connected to my Gigabyte MoBo work 100% for everything else, but in this case (no pun intended), they didn't. From now on I'll only use the USB ports at the rear. I think there are 8 rear USB ports on my machine, might as well use em.

Anil.

Guest endariel

i guess i could have a problem... i flashed bb as the guide suggested, and it went good i guess, except that when i started my rom i got in "about phone" informations still the old bb

no error was reported by the smartflash tool

Guest Anil K Solanki

i guess i could have a problem... i flashed bb as the guide suggested, and it went good i guess, except that when i started my rom i got in "about phone" informations still the old bb

no error was reported by the smartflash tool

Hi endariel, I don't think there is any problem with trying to flash the base band again. Which ROM are you using, and which base band are you trying to flash?

Anil

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi yesterday I was going through the process of updating the baseband on my friends 2x to prepare it for cyanogenmod, anyway when I held down the volume while plugging in the usb cable it said updating software or something like that but ran smart flash and it said that the process has completed (but found that when it booted it went back to factory reset)

Anyway I continued, installed clockworkmod and I turned on the phone while holding volume down and the same screen came up, waited 10-20 minutes and it didnt go off this screen

I did check the sdcard for anything that looks like an update file but I couldnt find anything

So is it suppose to have this screen or have I missed something on the sdcard which I should have deleted

Going to give it another go today so want everything to go more smoothly

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Hi yesterday I was going through the process of updating the baseband on my friends 2x to prepare it for cyanogenmod, anyway when I held down the volume while plugging in the usb cable it said updating software or something like that but ran smart flash and it said that the process has completed (but found that when it booted it went back to factory reset)

Anyway I continued, installed clockworkmod and I turned on the phone while holding volume down and the same screen came up, waited 10-20 minutes and it didnt go off this screen

I did check the sdcard for anything that looks like an update file but I couldnt find anything

So is it suppose to have this screen or have I missed something on the sdcard which I should have deleted

Going to give it another go today so want everything to go more smoothly

CWM isn't installed properly or just download the Reboot app that will enable you to go in without holding any buttons

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.maxisma.lgo2xreboot&feature=search_result

good luck :)

Guest Krizzman

Sorry to revive this dead post... but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I am trying to flash bb 725 GB using smartflash, but when I load the .fls file and hit "start" the log says "Download started" and 3 seconds later "Download finished" with nothing in between :/ It didn't change anything whatsoever. I've tried in this pc (win 7 64 bits) and in another one with windows xp sp3. Any thoughts?

Guest Simon Pratte

My baseband was "1035.21_20110823". I installed the Gr4 ROM. Now my baseband shows as "Unknown". And I can't connect to my mobile network.

Should I still install this 725 baseband? or was my baseband more recent?

And if I do install this 725 baseband, will my previous baseband be back if I do a nandroid backup restore?

Guest Simon Pratte

I've got an LG-P990hN. And there seem to be something different with this particular model because I've tried several ROM and in all of them I've lost my mobile network connection.

My baseband become "Unknown". I tried flashing the 725 BB but it still shows "Unknown" after it.

I had 823 BB on the stock ROM.

Anyone else had these problem with baseband? How did you fix it?

EDIT: CM7.1 has the option to enable "National Data Roaming" which is what I needed since I have a virtual service provider that uses another network.

Edited by Simon Pratte

Guest Simon Pratte

Anyway to get 823 BB .fls file somewhere?

Because I've found somewhere to download the 823 BB but it's in 4 separate files and none are in .fls. And I don't know how to flash it like that.

Thanks!

Guest Micronuub

You can ALMOST not see but when i flashed this Gb i get a weird flickering of pixels in the middle

You can see it especially on white backgrounds

greets,

Nuub.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SuperSkill

My baseband was "1035.21_20110823". I installed the Gr4 ROM. Now my baseband shows as "Unknown". And I can't connect to my mobile network.

Should I still install this 725 baseband? or was my baseband more recent?

And if I do install this 725 baseband, will my previous baseband be back if I do a nandroid backup restore?

BB is saved in the backup....

Guest love3na

hello.. umm... I'm using stock v20l , n when i tried to flash this new baseband, while holding the volume down button, the software updating screen is not appearing. the one that appeared was LG Logo, then backlight flashed n then the phone is turned off automatically..

anyone has the same problem? PM me if you know the solution please.. why didn't the phone software updating is not working >_<

thank you

---------EDIT---------------

after several times unplugging n restarting phone, it's back normal -.-a sigh -.- i wonder what is wrong -.-

Edited by love3na