[Game] Cosmic Crash - free and no ads!!

Guest somewhatdog

Guest somewhatdog

Hello Modaco!

We recently released and have been updating our first release for Android - Cosmic Crash - and we're really keen to get some feedback...

ss1a.jpg

Market page is here --> https://market.android.com/details?id=com.s...dog.cosmiccrash

ss3a.jpg

We like to think of it as 'single player Pool' the way you played as a kid - just whacking the balls at the pockets, only we've added bonuses and highscores and stuff like that!!

There's more info on our website --> somewhatDOG - Great Games for Android

We'd appreciate any and all feedback really - the Android Market is a cold and wintry place with only tumbleweed for company at times...

Cheers!

Edited by somewhatdog

Guest mickey megabyte

thanks for the free game, dog - it's fun to play, the physical interactions (mechanics) seem realistic, graphics and sounds are suitably cosmic.

BUT (minor problems)

1 - first help screen is a little confusing "black holes ^ knocking them into the ^ the planets ^ touch to aim release to fire at ^ pluto" doesn't make that much sense to me.

2 - which one is pluto?

3 - difficulty levels have strange names - easy bagel, medium boffin, hard tink, timed psyfect, timed angry - maybe these names mean something to you, but not me.

4 - i think it would look better to have a space before the brackets on the volume settings

5 - how many tilts are you allowed to do?

Guest somewhatdog
1 - first help screen is a little confusing "black holes ^ knocking them into the ^ the planets ^ touch to aim release to fire at ^ pluto" doesn't make that much sense to me.

Read from the bottom and follow the arrows upwards "Pluto' - "touch to aim at" "The Planets" "knocking them into" "The Black Holes"

It's hard to be clear without boring people but that screen's never really pleased me.

2 - which one is pluto?

Pluto is your "cueball" - the one you fire...

3 - difficulty levels have strange names - easy bagel, medium boffin, hard tink, timed psyfect, timed angry - maybe these names mean something to you, but not me.

They're the names of our (somewhat) Dogs and the name of the first person to leave me a comment on the Market!! - Easy, Medium, Hard and Timed (duration) are the important bits

4 - i think it would look better to have a space before the brackets on the volume settings

Noted

5 - how many tilts are you allowed to do?

Right now it's unlimited with a 3-4sec break between them - I'd assumed people wouldn't shake their phones to death but some people seem happy to do that so...T

he next release will choke it so the more you do, the longer before you can do another. I'd have released that already but I've submitted the App to Amazon and am drumming my fingers whilst they 'review' it (2 weeks and counting). If they don't respond this week they can get stuffed and I'll release it anyway...

• 1 month later...
Guest somewhatdog

Shameless bump as I've done a few updates since I first posted...

As well as the things promised earlier (Tilt changes and some other ideas) I've put in Achievements for that truly 'Skinner Box' feeling :mellow:

It's really not easy getting feedback tho - 4000 d/ls, 1000 active, 200+ highscores a day, 37 reviews total (at least they're mostly good!!), so as ever I'm all ears!!