28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sanfran
i encounter a problem that the wake up response is very slow, after i press the power button, it take more than 2 second to wake the the screen up

Do you use Pimp my CPU with the "Force minimal freq when sleeping" option?

If yes, then it takes maybe up to two seconds from pressing the power button until the screen goes on...

BR Robert

Guest mould14
could be related to OC/UV or an app that works very hard in the background ?

really? i donno.. but problem fixed with fr18 beta 1

thanks anyway

Guest Artemon
I can reproduce this, could explain my earlier post about the lights staying on on several occasions while my screen was off.

Note you have to keep touching the screen at the point it turns off for the lights to stay on.

I can reproduce it too :-) With Fr 15 :-))

Guest mox2001
Hi,

With Fr18 i have a very high amount of "Dialer" usage during standby... didn't have this high battery drain with Fr17.....

BR Robert

On my FR18 B1 it looks like the dialer is trying very hard to update something on the contacts tab.

Data connection is full active as well and the battery drain is noticable.

Guest mould14
Do you use Pimp my CPU with the "Force minimal freq when sleeping" option?

If yes, then it takes maybe up to two seconds from pressing the power button until the screen goes on...

BR Robert

yup, it is the case, i switch the option off and everything work fine now

Guest Meychi
On my FR18 B1 it looks like the dialer is trying very hard to update something on the contacts tab.

I noticed the same thing. I am coming from Fr16.

Guest Trym Hansen

I get this this as well, I've never seen it before, but this time on fr18 I also get "Dialer" listed as #2 in partial wake battery stats.

Looking at the dialer/log/contacs/group screen, the contacts-tab shows the android wait-symbol, spinning dots.

So I removed all corporate accounts, all twitter and facebook accounts, I only left the google-account and turned sync off.

The spinning circle keeps spinning, as if it's waiting for some lost data to arrive.

::Trym

Guest Ferry Liemanto

Just installed FR18, notice that brightness setting is gray, the brightness seems set to max, is anyone having this problem?

Guest Clone519

My GPS seems to be detecting satellites pretty fast xD could detect about 8 in 5 seconds in my current region (asia) :P But the problem is, they cant lock on >< The bars in GPS test show grew instead of yellow, why is the GPS not locking on :rolleyes: and also, i cant find the LG hidden menu <_<

Guest Jay_Snake

You are right. I'm experiencing the same thing. Reverted back to Fr17.

post-802141-1305899203_thumb.png

Guest Wovchik
My GPS seems to be detecting satellites pretty fast xD could detect about 8 in 5 seconds in my current region (asia) :P But the problem is, they cant lock on >< The bars in GPS test show grew instead of yellow, why is the GPS not locking on :rolleyes: and also, i cant find the LG hidden menu <_<

Same here in Germany i takes about 10 minutes till i have a GPS lock with orginal Rom it was 10 sec max

Guest Clone519
Same here in Germany i takes about 10 minutes till i have a GPS lock with orginal Rom it was 10 sec max

Hmmm have you tried fasterfix? You can change it to your region, but the problem is, it never locks :P

EDIT: Hmmm found this thread about fixing the GPS for Europe GPS fasterfix and hidden menu Problem is, we do not have LG hidden menu in Fr17 :rolleyes: cant find it

Edited by Clone519

Guest conceptics

Not sure if this is related to the latest build (though I am still on FR17, RC3), but maybe someone could check this quickly:

Do delivery reports work using the standard Google SMS/MMS app?

In my case, if I have delivery reports for sms enabled, every sms will have the icon "delivered" (and viewing the report will confirm that) despite never receiving the report. I tested this by sending it to an invalid number or to a mobile number that I know was switched off.

It's as if the status is always set to TRUE when in fact it should only be updated once the delivery report comes in. Anyone else have this on FR17RC3? A quick yes or no would greatly help the debugging on my side!

Guest goatee

I also have the spinny thing on the contacts tab, but data isn't on constantly.

You are right. I'm experiencing the same thing. Reverted back to Fr17.

Guest MillyMoo

I pushed the LG Hidden Menu and the GpsTS and DS.apk back to system/app to get it back and try the nokia servers again. it is slightly better in testing (actually finds some satellites rather than completely failing) but it does not appear to get a lock so it is not good enough.

Guest Jay_Snake

Got a GPS lock within seconds with the nokia servers. Also i'm using another gps.conf than that's in the rom. I've my own which worked wonders on my old Galaxy Spica and also with my 2X

Edit: I uploaded my gps.conf in a rar. Unzip it and push it so system/etc and let it overwrite the existing gps.conf

The NTP servers are configured for The Netherlands, so you should use the ones for your own country.

gps_conf.rar

Edited by Jay_Snake

Guest naxiand

i found a bug....i cant use static ip for wifi it gives an error of not been valid....with stock was working this feature......

can you fix this? and if yes can it be optimized to use the static ip at home network but auto when outsite of it?

regards

Guest Higgsy
I also have the spinny thing on the contacts tab, but data isn't on constantly.

I have this too, also found a graphical error with the dialler - the left hand button is too short, still works tho:

herbe.jpg

EDIT: Custom bake with GB theme and, stock lock screen. Sorry about the pic size lol.

Edited by Higgsy

Guest aaww
I have this too, also found a graphical error with the dialler - the left hand button is too short, still works tho:

herbe.jpg

EDIT: Custom bake with GB theme and, stock lock screen. Sorry about the pic size lol.

same here ! contact animation and also when someone calls.

Guest Clone519
I pushed the LG Hidden Menu and the GpsTS and DS.apk back to system/app to get it back and try the nokia servers again. it is slightly better in testing (actually finds some satellites rather than completely failing) but it does not appear to get a lock so it is not good enough.

Hmmm got the APK of the LG hidden menu? I really need to get the GPS working >< the only way is thru the hidden menu

Guest aaww

Edited by aaww

Guest ODIN679

Same here...

Also I cannot send MMS, as soon as I press the send button the process com.android.phone FC's... Using LG's sms, anyone else with this!?

Guest alvari
I don't have this problem, the lights stay on for 10 seconds for me but then they turn off.

Spike

Yeah, sometimes the lights go off after a few seconds, but then again sometimes they'll stay on forever.