28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest moler
Nvflash doesn't require custom recovery. nvflash your phone,install cwm 3.2.0.0 (you can get it from android.tehtdk.info or xda. Its for LG O2x only.)

and then you can flash FB 19 and restore your nandroid backup.

ok thanks , have found the guide to nvflash ,but i dont seem to get it ;) will nvflash get my phone into stock rom and working, or do i have to install cwm 3.2.0.0 and then try to use the backup i have that did not work before?

Guest MeX_DK
ok thanks , have found the guide to nvflash ,but i dont seem to get it ;) will nvflash get my phone into stock rom and working, or do i have to install cwm 3.2.0.0 and then try to use the backup i have that did not work before?

Nvflash to get your phone to stock. and then you can install cwm 3.2.0.0 and restore the backup that you could not restore before

Guest eViLsTieFel

Who started the rumour that a gps.conf does anything anyway? Is it just because on other devices with android, it seems to make a difference? Because I can pretty much copy everything into that file, like Dante's comedy or anything, and it does not make a difference ;).

Regarding Fr19: does this include the RIL from the firmware the 606 baseband got extracted from? I hope this isn't a redundant question, because I still get a lot crisper voice quality on 502, but I'm still using the RIL from 606 (since any other one won't let me make calls).

found one bug : can't retrieve an IP (by DHCP ) from a wifi hotspot

Tested under stock rom on same hotspot : connected without issue

Works for me on many access points.

P

Who started the rumour that a gps.conf does anything anyway? Is it just because on other devices with android, it seems to make a difference? Because I can pretty much copy everything into that file, like Dante's comedy or anything, and it does not make a difference ;).

Regarding Fr19: does this include the RIL from the firmware the 606 baseband got extracted from? I hope this isn't a redundant question, because I still get a lot crisper voice quality on 502, but I'm still using the RIL from 606 (since any other one won't let me make calls).

Yes, it has the 0606 RIL.

P

Guest eViLsTieFel
Works for me on many access points.

P

Apparently, there is a bug with DHCP servers that give away IP addresses with unusually long lease times. I do not know if that affects your ROM aswell, but it has been on the bug tracker at the CM team.

Apparently, there is a bug with DHCP servers that give away IP addresses with unusually long lease times. I do not know if that affects your ROM aswell, but it has been on the bug tracker at the CM team.

correct!

Guest mirsadm

I am losing 20% battery every hour

did a full wipe before installing

something seems to be going on - system is taking up all my CPU

Guest JanOwe

Hi, how much should i wait for the 1-st boot. Flashed a baseband, next reboot into recovery, wiped everything, than installed the rom and i am stucked @ LG logo. Comming from stock rom. Excuse me for my bad english

Edited by JanOwe

Guest Altemir

I confirm this!

Paul, please, fix it.

Seeing good battery life here!

P

so you are seeing an improvement over the earlier mcrs using 0606 mcr/baseband? since you own the sensation/gs2/o2x, how do they compare under usage? for example, if you are surfing on them for 15 minutes, how much battery would you approx. lose?

many people say the gs2 has very good.battery life but i am wondering how that compares to the o2x.

Edited by wapz

Guest gk141054

Hi folks,

just got an invite for Google Music this morning. ;)

Can I just install the APK on FR17 and will it work?

Anyone know where I can get the APK?

Cheers

Guest gensplejs
see here: review.cyanogenmod.com/6098

And then? How is paul supposed to implement this as long as he does not have the sources from LG?

so you are seeing an improvement over the earlier mcrs using 0606 mcr/baseband? since you own the sensation/gs2/o2x, how do they compare under usage? for example, if you are surfing on them for 15 minutes, how much battery would you approx. lose?

many people say the gs2 has very good.battery life but i am wondering how that compares to the o2x.

Well. I sit next to a guy with a GS2 and he runs a LOT faster than i do with my O2X

Guest jambezuk

Well. I sit next to a guy with a GS2 and he runs a LOT faster than i do with my O2X

That's not the most helpful sentence ;)

Do you mean it runs faster or runs out faster? Have to ask because the context of your reply implies runs out but that's not what you wrote :s

Guest mparack
That's not the most helpful sentence ;)

Do you mean it runs faster or runs out faster? Have to ask because the context of your reply implies runs out but that's not what you wrote :s

or gensplejs is just a slow runner :P

Guest muckie

I dont know why but it dosent run on mine 2X. fr18 vanillia edition baked in the onlinekitchen works very well, but this i cant wake up to life. I still full wipe my phone and all cache partitions. No errors installing System, but it Hangs on boot.

Guest SnowmanDK
I dont know why but it dosent run on mine 2X. fr18 vanillia edition baked in the onlinekitchen works very well, but this i cant wake up to life. I still full wipe my phone and all cache partitions. No errors installing System, but it Hangs on boot.

Have you installed "pimp my cpu"? If not, try it, and remember to set the boot frequencies via the menu.