28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alien21
Anyone use the 'Go' apps? I thought it might be fun to add a 'Go' edition to the Standard and Vanilla edition releases... :)

Go Launcher in place of standard launcher, Go Contacts in place of standard Contacts, Go SMS Pro in place of standard messaging... you get the idea...

P

+1 , great idea

I use LauncherPro Plus. didn't try Go apps. It doesnt matter to me what apps you add as long as i have the option to choose what I want in the kitchen.

:)

Thank you for the grate Work Mr P.

made the jump to mcr fr19b5, 0606 baseband sound better compared to 0405 to me so no reason to upgrade so far! batterylife hasn't been great for me so far.. must be Touchdown exchange app killing my battery.

Can anyone teach me how to get into the keyboard layout file?

I just want to remove the period button beside the space bar on the gingerbread keyboard. I keep pressing on it... but I like the gb keyboard so much more than LG and HTC. I tried downloading ones on the market too.. they all have period beside the spacebar.

Thanks

Guest mankian

weird. is anyone else getting wifi mac address unavailable in settings > wifi > advanced on the new baseband??

wifi still works though...

also found it was a total b*tch to flash this time, kept hanging on boot screen. finally got it going though with some messing around

Guest AnonymousPengiun

I love the gingerbread theme.

It seems that the new baseband breaks USSD code functionality again. Hopefully there will be fewer shut downs during charging, that would make the upgrade worth it.

Guest AnonymousPengiun
weird. is anyone else getting wifi mac address unavailable in settings > wifi > advanced on the new baseband??

also found it was a total b*tch to flash this time, kept hanging on boot screen. finally got it going though with some messing around

MAC visible here.

Guest sangriaman

Only way that i could pass the lg log on the boot was to flashing again the zip to convert from ext4 to ext3.

And i meant again, because i was using fr19 beta 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Perhaps that is the same problem to the people getting boot loops?

Hello,

I am new here and I hesitated whether it is worth to join Modaco. But now I am sure it was right. The best rom for the Optimus - and I tested the most other roms.

Only a small problem occurs. The time indicator in the notifification bar is with black font on black/dark gray background. Am I the only user with this 'feature'? Is a wipe required from 19 beta 3 to beta 5? I flashed the latest baseband, restored my backup and then I installed beta 5.

Sorry for my English

You made an incorrect selection in the kitchen - you chose the 'remove battery full popup' for the wrong ROM. Rebake with the correct selection and you'll be set.

P

RC 1 is online! :)

P

Changelog

Jun 21 RC 1

• Fixed French localisation of Fonts app
  • Removed software update client (and patched Settings APK), gains 20MB RAM
  • Online kitchen now saves chosen selection to a text file in the ROM zip (for debugging use)

Guest Crankdroider

Thx Paul for RC1...

Why did you restore the software update client? Did FR19 get an OTA support?

Sorry 4 my stupid question...

Guest mankian

Mac is now visible! had to reboot.

I was not running EXT4 before, so I have no idea why it wouldn't boot! I think I must have done something wrong doing either the baseband or ROM because it went on fine the second time I tried. Interesting point is that NVFlash NEVER seems to work though...

Anyway, the only bug I noticed so far, is when you first start the new ROM and it runs the 'wizard' it always crashes at the end. Really not a problem as it saves everything anyway...

Is it just the settings.apk that gains the 20mb of RAM? I basically want to download it and insert it into B5 as I don't want to flash again! lol

Cheers!

Thx Paul for RC1...

Why did you restore the software update client? Did FR19 get an OTA support?

Sorry 4 my stupid question...

That should say REMOVED. :)

P

Mac is now visible! had to reboot.

I was not running EXT4 before, so I have no idea why it wouldn't boot! I think I must have done something wrong doing either the baseband or ROM because it went on fine the second time I tried. Interesting point is that NVFlash NEVER seems to work though...

Anyway, the only bug I noticed so far, is when you first start the new ROM and it runs the 'wizard' it always crashes at the end. Really not a problem as it saves everything anyway...

Is it just the settings.apk that gains the 20mb of RAM? I basically want to download it and insert it into B5 as I don't want to flash again! lol

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up, i'll check out the setup wizard.

Remove OmaDmClient.apk from /system/app to gain the RAM, install the patched Settings.apk to stop Settings app crashing when it's removed.

P

Hmmm will there be a released, non kitchen version of fr19? 0.o

Yes, of course, that's what we're building up to, and nearly there (hence 'RC' = 'Release Candidate' = 'nearly ready for general release' = 'nearly ready for prebakes'). :)

P

Guest ralli1300
I am getting this too on RC1 - wonder if it's related to upgrading from 18b2?

I think it has to do with the removed OTA-Client - and is not related to upgrading from 18b2.

I upgraded from 19b3.

I can't replicate this, i'm guessing you left out something it needs in the bake....

P