28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AleFranz
Paul,

I'm running the 0622 ROM, and I quite like it. Why?

- Overall speed is smoother than FR19RC1

- No more "app install lag"

- Battery life improved again (specially with the 622 baseband)

You can download the full rom here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1138049

What kinds of tweaks did you made?

Great news!

You made my day! :)

Guest jon.m.knight
seems there will be a Fr20 base on 0622 ROM?

perfect froyo is coming :)

lets forget the gingerbread.

+1.

Couldn't give a monkey's about GB personally. Would much rather see a rock solid Froyo.

Must say that if LG are struggling with supporting one of their current handsets with a version of android dated early Dec 2010 then we don't have a cat in hell's chance of seeing IceCream Sandwich. I love my phone but regrettably I think an official 2.3 will be the end of it's life in terms of official android version number updates . Sad really considering that LG regard this as a 'special phone' (Guiness world records and all that!)

I sincerely hope that @Paul has the time to return supporting the LGO2X to get us the perfect froyo.

Guest Coilfan
That's only the baseband and the ril.

the rest of the rom is here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1138049

It's really worth taking a look at it. As I said, the reboots seems to be gone, it feels smoother, the lockscreen hides the screen correctly when you turn it on, app install lag is gone and a real good battery life.

You're right! Paul this looks like the real deal. I have tested 10c + 622, first impression is better data connection and longer battery life, and quite smooth response, even after Nandroid data restore.

First I tried Fr19rc1 + 622, but it is not as snappy as stock 11c, so maybe a kernel change on LG's part.

Guest Jay_Snake
Does anyone have a link to the FULL STOCK 0622 FLS?

P

LG Netherlands said that should come this friday, when the new update will hit the LGMobile Update program on the pc. The OTA update to 622 was about 10 mb

Does anyone have the OTA ZIP? That would be super useful as then I can just patch what's updated. I wonder if it's JUST the baseband and RIL?

P

Does anyone have the OTA ZIP? That would be super useful as then I can just patch what's updated. I wonder if it's JUST the baseband and RIL?

P

I don't think anyone got it. But you can download the full v10c rom (nandroid backup) on XDA. I am using it. Coming from stock v10b I feel a bit more speed/smoothness.

Guest the1c3man
I don't think anyone got it. But you can download the full v10c rom (nandroid backup) on XDA. I am using it. Coming from stock v10b I feel a bit more speed/smoothness.

I updated to 0622 baseband and the rom you linked to, but i found the rom to be slower than the stock 10d I'm on so restored v10d back, but still using 0622 bb+ril which seems good so far.

Guest Clone519
It seems that LG has released the V10C source code for P990. Maybe is the time for EXT4 and OC/UV?

Link

Higher OC and EXT 4 support for all Roms now? 0.o

Guest Clone519

Guys look! LG optimus one is getting the Gingerbread update soon, there's even a video of it in youtube, I hope LG does something for the optimus 2x. We could also predict that the Optimus 2x will have the same icons for the notification bar and most probably not lose the Overscroll glow effect! Well we could also predict that our update will come soon as it would be an outrage if the Optimus one receives the update 4 - 3 months before Optimus 2x

Source here

Guest tmirage

P

do you mean by that a .kdz file? or something else? since i got a kdz file with date of 13/06/11 appearantly

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19405611/V10C_00%28newer%29.kdz

Edited by tmirage

Guest Coilfan
It seems that LG has released the V10C source code for P990. Maybe is the time for EXT4 and OC/UV?

Link

This is great news guys! I'm looking forward to EXT4 performance. I think this is going to be great.

Guest Squide
Guys look! LG optimus one is getting the Gingerbread update soon, there's even a video of it in youtube, I hope LG does something for the optimus 2x. We could also predict that the Optimus 2x will have the same icons for the notification bar and most probably not lose the Overscroll glow effect! Well we could also predict that our update will come soon as it would be an outrage if the Optimus one receives the update 4 - 3 months before Optimus 2x

Source here

Wow~! seems LG is working for the brand name.

Come on ~! I buy this phone because you choose f(x) for selling Optimus Z in Korea you know~! haha