28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gin0v4
RC2 will be up soon with a full 0622 merge.

P

so with rc2 i wont have to upgrade baseband and ril?? or do i have to install new baseband first, then rc2 which already contains the 622 ril?

Guest Swissrotor

Hi all,

I have a "self baked MoDaCo Rom (FR 2.2.2) on my Optimus 2 and two qustions:

1. Is Gingerbread allready available for this phone?

2. Is it possible to update this ROM (if Gingerbread is out) or do i need to install a completely new ROM?

When i try to update it with the LG PC Suite it tells me there is an update, but no more informations about the version.

Wikipedia tells me, that dual core is supported only since Gingerbread 2.3.3 an up : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(Betriebssystem)

so my Froyo 2.2.2 will not support my dual core???

Thanks

Bruno

Edited by Swissrotor

Guest Husum182
so with rc2 i wont have to upgrade baseband and ril?? or do i have to install new baseband first, then rc2 which already contains the 622 ril?

I believe you are correct with the last statement, that Paul has implemented the 622RIL in RC2 - so you will just have to flash the Baseband first. :)

Correct me if im wrong..

RC 2 online (major update!) :)

P

Changelog

Jun 29 RC 2

• Rebased with ALL changes from 0622 ROM
  • Fix for corrupt images in Gingerbread theme

Guest Jay-V
RC 2 online (major update!) :)

P

Changelog

Jun 29 RC 2

• Rebased with ALL changes from 0622 ROM
  • Fix for corrupt images in Gingerbread theme

Also some news about the 'App Advisor' issue I wrote a couple of pages back?

Guest Jay-V
Settings and AppAdvisor fixes are in the RC2 kitchen now.

Edit: Fixed APKs if you've already downloaded available here.

P

Thanks mate!

It seems that the version coding is not up-to-date. It still says RC1... You may keep that in mind for the next fix. :)

Guest gin0v4
Settings and AppAdvisor fixes are in the RC2 kitchen now.

Edit: Fixed APKs if you've already downloaded available here.

P

when i try to install via cwm he tells me installation aborted...

Guest Jay-V
when i try to install via cwm he tells me installation aborted...

It is not a CWM zip. You have to extract and push the apk's to system/app folder.

Guest Shadowman19

Hi, when will there be a prebaked version of your great ROM? :)

FR17 is unfortunately much slower than the "new" stock 10c... Thank you!!

Thanks mate!

It seems that the version coding is not up-to-date. It still says RC1... You may keep that in mind for the next fix. :)

Oops... I fixed that for the kitchen, but you can check you're on RC2 anyway by checking next to RC 1 it says '0622' for the version.

P

Hi, when will there be a prebaked version of your great ROM? :)

FR17 is unfortunately much slower than the "new" stock 10c... Thank you!!

Assuming there are no major issues, I plan to make this the Fr19 release, with prebake, tomorrow morning!

P

Guest gin0v4

thanks for the info - one more question though - is there a gingerbread black theme WITH toggle buttons? i do not need the music buttons in the pull down menu but i would luv to have the toggle buttons for wlan, gps, bt etc!

just baked a rom with the theme and installed it but the toggle buttons are essential for me, i just got used to em so much :)

the rom itself and the theme are awesome!

ps: paul, could u maybe upload the theme for install with cwm??? i do not wanna install and bake a new rom again, it just takes so long (also restoring every app via tit backup etc...) and i have other stuff to do (i know, u too :rolleyes: will use the standard theme but it would be awesome if u could upload the theme with toggle buttons for cwm once u've got a free minute :rolleyes:)

thanks for the info - one more question though - is there a gingerbread black theme WITH toggle buttons? i do not need the music buttons in the pull down menu but i would luv to have the toggle buttons for wlan, gps, bt etc!

just baked a rom with the theme and installed it but the toggle buttons are essential for me, i just got used to em so much :)

the rom itself and the theme are awesome!

ps: paul, could u maybe upload the theme for install with cwm??? i do not wanna install and bake a new rom again, it just takes so long (also restoring every app via tit backup etc...) and i have other stuff to do (i know, u too :rolleyes: will use the standard theme but it would be awesome if u could upload the theme with toggle buttons for cwm once u've got a free minute :rolleyes:)

No, there's not as yet, but i'll bear it in mind...

P

Guest Clone519

Cant wait for new prebake Fr19 paul! xD Have been sticking with Fr17 ever since, do I have to wipe my current Fr17 for this new prebake? Will a nandroid restore affect anything?