28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Updated my CWM post to 4.0.0.5 (externalSD).

P

Paul there is an issue with it. cant seem to restore or backup.

When i backup i get a can't mount /system error

can you take a look please ?

Guest wc326

just return back to Modaco fr19 rc2 from CM7 rc1.

now my lg 2x is issue free, much faster. :)

Edited by wc326

Guest thedicemaster
Both useful features... the battery warning should be pretty simple, not sure what's involved in the HID support.

P

thanks for the reply.

and RC2 seems to be running great here.

Guest gin0v4

just was away last 4h, battery was at 50% when i left and now its at 45 with playing games for 10 minutes and listening to music in the car for 30 mins, browsing the web a couple of minutes and taking some pictures/videos & watching them...

way better battery life than before :)

Paul there is an issue with it. cant seem to restore or backup.

When i backup i get a can't mount /system error

can you take a look please ?

I was on EXT4. Paul will fix it to work with ext4 as well as 3.

cheers.

Guest AnonymousPengiun
Which keyboard options did you select? LatinIME? Anything else?

P

LatinIME and gingerbread. Removed LG keyboard.

Guest jon.m.knight

Thinks it's amusing that people's perception of "good ROM" is still dependant on whether it plays angry birds flawlessly.. *rolleyes*

Looking forward to RC2, I've been holding out for the kernel source and subsequent ext4 release, however this looks too good of an opertunity to pass up.

Will bullet point my findings over the next few days, ensuring not to duplicate any issues reported... unless of course angry birds doesn't work.

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest gin0v4

whenever i move an apk from the system/app folder and then restore it (just copy & paste it back to the system/app folder) the app has the blue (N) bubble. this little bubble stays when i open the app once - normally it goes away but it stays whenever i do this (also in stock rom) - does anybody knows how to get rid of this annoying (N)?

do not wanna reinstall the rom :)

whenever i move an apk from the system/app folder and then restore it (just copy & paste it back to the system/app folder) the app has the blue (N) bubble. this little bubble stays when i open the app once - normally it goes away but it stays whenever i do this (also in stock rom) - does anybody knows how to get rid of this annoying (N)?

do not wanna reinstall the rom :)

Try 'Clearing Data' in Settings -> Applications on the LG Launcher.

P

Guest Peterfdevries
Oh, this is interesting! I think i've found where LG are making changes that could potentially include battery life - it's in the same area i've been patching as part of my 'battery fix'!

P

You should send them a message in Duke Nukemstyle: Hail to the king baby! :)

Guest Peterfdevries

I found that the LG-updater is telling me that there is a new version available. During the process it says that my phone isn't compatible with the update. Is that because I am running FR17?

I want to get this update, might contain something that comes in handy for Paul. But this makes me go back to stock and then update...

Can't I update because of FR17?

Guest Coilfan

Market seems to be slowly responding, even with wifi.

Edit: Market is a lot snappier now, but please check.

Edited by Coilfan

With Gingerbread theme time isn't displayed in the top right corner.

You selected mismatched options (battery full alert etc.).

I found that the LG-updater is telling me that there is a new version available. During the process it says that my phone isn't compatible with the update. Is that because I am running FR17?

I want to get this update, might contain something that comes in handy for Paul. But this makes me go back to stock and then update...

Can't I update because of FR17?

Correct, you need to revert to stock to apply a 'OTA'.

Market seems to be slowly responding, even with wifi.

Edit: Market is a lot snappier now, but please check.

No such issue here.

there is not one just to have the apk lockscreen google I was wrong by my rom ?

How do you mean?

At first, tx for your work Paul!!!

One "newbie" question: Is it possible to use GB Tehme and a circule battery mod?

The circular battery mod is held in the same place as the theme, so your mod will need to be a GB theme mod.

P

Guest blafoo

Hm, maybe two bugs with the kitchen ?!

F-Secure Mobile Antivirus has been included in my self-baked ROM, I am quite sure that I deselected it.

But much more annoying: the kitchen does not remember my selection :) Am I to stupid ?????

Hm, maybe two bugs with the kitchen ?!

F-Secure Mobile Antivirus has been included in my self-baked ROM, I am quite sure that I deselected it.

But much more annoying: the kitchen does not remember my selection :) Am I to stupid ?????

F-Secure is definitely set as an option, so you must have accidentally selected it.

re: remembering kitchen selections, it's saved in a cookie, can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work (in that it works as desired here)?

P

Guest soundsk

Just flashed to FR19RC2. Finally decided to go for it, and also to move on from my stock baseband.

Installed 622 bb, back-to-ext3, wiped everything, flashed fr19rc2. All went just fine, no problems at all.

Will now install my apps and see how it goes!

How's the support for mkv in this ROM? Going to test it...

Cheers!!