28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kruppin
I'll take a look.

An unrelated update... Gr1 by the end of this month anyone? :huh:

P

I meant ofc P990H in my last post, not P900H (Have edited so noone will misunderstand). Sorry.

And Gr1 would be just awsome. :blink: But you really think LG is going to release gingerbread before the end of this month?

Guest Henrikmand
Yes you must revert to ext3.

You don't need to read the thread to understand that.

It is on the first page of this thread.

Well, obviously I didn't care to read the first post again, considering that there were no issues upgrading from FR12 and upwards.

I saw the new FR19, and updated.

So the phone is now bricked, or what?

Guest wapz
I'll take a look.

An unrelated update... Gr1 by the end of this month anyone? :blink:

P

Sorry for the twitter spam Paul, I saw you have been notified already :huh:

Guest BatfinkUK1

P

Yes please! :blink: But It'll only probably be worth having once you've worked your magic on it. :)

Edited by BatfinkUK1

Guest Reckoner123
Well, obviously I didn't care to read the first post again, considering that there were no issues upgrading from FR12 and upwards.

I saw the new FR19, and updated.

So the phone is now bricked, or what?

Why dont you read the first page and do it again, reverting to EXT3 this time. Gah. All you need is to flash your baseband (recommended), and get FR19 + EXT3 downgrader onto your SD Card.

Guest beeklaan

I don't get it.

I come from 17.

I did the back to ext3 thing and then i installed 19. It worked, but it got totally wiped...

So i restored my backup and installed 19 again, but then i keep seeing the LG bar when booting....

Guest beeklaan
beeklaan: You can't restore FR17 after installing FR19, because it goes back to EXT4.

Yeah, so how do i keep my things when installing fr19?

Guest Elte Hupkes

P

Yes please, I'd like mine with whipped cream :blink:. Know anything I (we?) don't Paul?

Guest PhilNelwyn
Hello.

I have a problem : when I check or uncheck the "2G only" option in mobile networks settings, or when I disable flight mode,

it auto changes my APN setting to "Data Access" (tethering) and I get charged an extra fee by my carrier for a modem option.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem ?

Up... anyone ?

I can't edit nor delete the mentioned APN setting.

Guest kruppin
I'll take a look.

P

Well, do you think it'll work? The kernel source I mean. There shouldn't be that much difference with the phones, and it deffenetly seems newer (the source), so. Sorry if I'm impatient but this is making me so excited. :blink:

Guest alvari
Up... anyone ?

I can't edit nor delete the mentioned APN setting.

Have you tried app called APN backup & restore? You should be able to remove those unwanted APNs with it.

wow!! GR would be awesome!!

anyway, upz... anyone can advice on this:

am i right to say that when i wipe /system and /data back to ext3, CWM WILL REMAIN because it is in a different location? (Because if CWM will be wiped as well, then i can't figure out a logical sequence to install FR19 and we have a deadlock situation.)

currently CWM 4.0.0.5 is having ext4 issues, but i suppose it can work with ext3? that would mean that once i wipe /system and /data to ext3, CWM 4.0.0.5 can actually be used to flash FR19?

so i can follow the sequence:

1. take nandroid backup (of FR18 and before) using CWM 3.2.0.1 and before.

2. copy backup elsewhere

3. flash recovery CWM 4.0.0.5

4. wipe /system and /data to ext3

5. flash FR19 using CWM 4.0.0.5.

?

last question:

if i need to restore the nandroid backup, do i need to manually convert to ext4, or will the restoration take care of that?

Thanks!

Guest fifi139
wow!! GR would be awesome!!

anyway, upz... anyone can advice on this:

Thanks!

I think ur steps are ok. However, step no.3 is a bit redundant. Use r1-backtoext3.zip from 4 Apr r1: BackToEXT3 to change back to ext3.

Then step 4 wipe data/factory reset and cache.

Guest PhilNelwyn
Have you tried app called APN backup & restore? You should be able to remove those unwanted APNs with it.

Oh, that simple... ^^

I did it with APN Manager, it worked.

Thanks a lot.

After ample testings of Baseband 606 and 622 in combination with FR19, I come to the point that 622 causes some noticeable higher battery (standby)drain :blink:

On 606 (with corresponding RIL) I get a battery standby-dropping of about 1% per hour (which stands in contrast to 2-3%/hour on 622)

I'm really satisfied with the combination of FR19 and 606. Thank's alot

kind regards

N0r0 who only needs to charge his phone every second day :huh:

Edited by N0r0

Guest wizard83
I'll take a look.

An unrelated update... Gr1 by the end of this month anyone? :blink:

P

It would be awesome!!!

So, is it possible that LG will release GB by the end of July?

Guest beeklaan

I have a weird bug.

My phone keeps thinking it gets charged and then not and then it think it does, and then not, etc....

Therefore my screen is always on... When i put it of it gets on again. Even while the never turn screen off when charging is off...

Guest MrMastodon

I have a weird bug.

My phone keeps thinking it gets charged and then not and then it think it does, and then not, etc....

Therefore my screen is always on... When i put it of it gets on again. Even while the never turn screen off when charging is off...

I've had that, the only thing that worked for me was re-flashing...

Guest iSlash75

I wanted to reinstall the rom Fr19, I know that is not the past but not rebooting more mobile, even in recovery or nvflash smartFlash or the mobile screen stayed black, back to the store. So one month wait to see more. In the meantime, I took an Xperia Arc.

After ample testings of Baseband 606 and 622 in combination with FR19, I come to the point that 622 causes some noticeable higher battery (standby)drain wink.gif

On 606 (with corresponding RIL) I get a battery standby-dropping of about 1% per hour (which stands in contrast to 2-3%/hour on 622)

I'm really satisfied with the combination of FR19 and 606. Thank's alot

kind regards

N0r0 who only needs to charge his phone every second day wink.gif

0606 wasn't very good for me, nor is 0622. usage on hsdpa is terrible, it drains like crazy. i think I will try a clean install of fr19 again to see if that improves things because now it is horrible for me.