28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aratheba
Does anyone have battery problems ?

I cannot charge my battery more than 96%, but I'm on Fr10, the first custom rom I tried on X2.

Eden tried removing battery.bin manually (not sure whether CWM does the trick!), no luck yet.

Guest defectivereject

Had a massive failure tonight.

running fr 10. Stock kernal, no overclocking e.t.c just the db script amendment

phone hung for 10 mins, run rebooted. On reboot all my installed apps begun forceclosing an all app defaults had been reset, installed everything put quadrant back on to test it as i find it quite good at picking

up hitches and quadrant kept failing at db read/ writes. gonna install fr 11 hope it resolves it

phone hung doing nothing. I was driving 170miles at the time.

Edited by defectivereject

Guest gin0v4

just wanted to share my quadrant score (3950) running fr11 + eternity kernel @ 1.3ghz (oc via “antutu oc master“)

http://www.saved.im/mtc5mtexyty4/2011-04-12220224.png

edit: wishlist for fr12: only major battery improvements, everythyng else runs just fine - and add the eternityprojekt kernel by default pls:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1029799

Edited by gin0v4

Guest Trym Hansen

So, yesterday I got a subscription after reading through *every* page in this forum, all (then) 50 of them. Since then I've baked a lot of different images, flashed them, and never had a problem with the procedural part of it. I do have problems with the software part though, either I'm missing something (likely) or it is incomplete.

1) Localization. When I choose to use Google-components which replace LG-components (phone/contacts for instance) they always show up in english, so I get "Contacts", for example, in the middle of all of the other localised program-names in the app-folder. The app-contents aren't localized either. I'm suppose I'm doing something wrong, however changing language to english, rebooting, and selecting norwegian again does not change the google-components-localization, only the LG ones. What am I missing here?

2) The extreme slow-downs after installing apps. This phone, which should be screaming, is with MoDaCo Fr11 just as responsive as my old Nokia E61, in other words, not at all. I've tried every sensible combination of items (with and without reverted sqlite-optimizations), doesn't make a difference. I suspect the so-called sdcard speedfix is the culprit. Can we please have an option to not include that in the ROM? (I've tried using "sd increase" to put it back to 128, either it isn't working or the "fix" is not to blame.)

This reminds me of a lot of the "Windows-optimizatons" floating around on the net which rarely do anything to increase performance, but quite often lowers it. (Memory cleaners, anyone?) I do not think Google would release code which had such a glaring omission in it. What we need in a phone is low latency, not high bandwidth.

3) Google launcher (again, not localized.) This is almost as choppy as the LG Home-launcher. Can anyone confirm this? This is my first droid, so I've nothing to compare with, but I did expect the app to be smooth, as competing with the iPhone surely is one of google's goals. Can't do that with choppy homescreens. The other launchers (ADW, LauncherPro and Go) are smooth (after having cached their stuff that is.)

4) Typo in the kitchen: It says "Don't deselect this AND Swype". I think this should refer to the LG-keyboard, not Swype, which is not mentioned anywhere else.

Paul: Thanks a lot for the effort. Just out of curiosity, does your phone work well, or do you experience the slow-downs as well? Don't imagine you would work on them if you don't see them yourself.

::Trym

Guest ralli1300
edit: wishlist for fr12: only major battery improvements, everythyng else runs just fine - and add the eternityprojekt kernel by default pls:

+1

It would be very fine Paul could integrate slowing down CPU in standby.

Guest Jay_Snake
I cannot charge my battery more than 96%, but I'm on Fr10, the first custom rom I tried on X2.

Eden tried removing battery.bin manually (not sure whether CWM does the trick!), no luck yet.

Same problem, but at 98%

Guest len.asdf
just wanted to share my quadrant score (3950) running fr11 + eternity kernel @ 1.3ghz (oc via “antutu oc master“)

http://www.saved.im/mtc5mtexyty4/2011-04-12220224.png

http://www.forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1029799

Your link is broken, here's the correct one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1029799

Gonna try this one out also! Thanks for the hint.

edit: Tried it out, getting around 3500 in quadrant

Edited by len.asdf

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen
Had a massive failure tonight.

running fr 10. Stock kernal, no overclocking e.t.c just the db script amendment

phone hung for 10 mins, run rebooted. On reboot all my installed apps begun forceclosing an all app defaults had been reset, installed everything put quadrant back on to test it as i find it quite good at picking

up hitches and quadrant kept failing at db read/ writes. gonna install fr 11 hope it resolves it

phone hung doing nothing. I was driving 170miles at the time.

I have a similar problem as I just reported over on XDA. When playing audio books through the audible player I often unplugged the headset to stop playback. Three out of four times this causes the phone to reboot, and two out of the four times I ended up in the same state as you describe. Everything FCs, and the only option seems to be to restore from a previous backup.

Guest Amon_RA

Small issues noticed on Fr11 :

- STK : seems to be borked, it's in /system/app but not shown in the menu.

- busybox : busybox ls is using color which make the output unreadable on windows terminals, busybox needs to be compiled with color unchecked...

- ls is linked to /system/bin/toolbox , please remove the /system/bin/ls link so busybox's ls (/system/xbin/ls) is used instead , this ls can handle more commands, like "ls -la" etc... which is much easier to use. Maybe the same can be done for other busybox commands (e.g. : mount, etc...). Android's toolbox is nice but not as complete as busybox.

Guest Wovchik

Paul could you please Check the Tethering since FR4 is still the same problem here:

My LG x2 is connected to the Computer over the USB

If i use the Mobile network an share it to the Computer over the USB it works fine, but if i use the WLAN conection and share this to the Computer over the USB its extremly slow (GSM is even faster)

I tryed now FR11 with out WIPE (from FR10) and with Wipe but its still the same.

Guest djmcnz
- busybox : busybox ls is using color which make the output unreadable on windows terminals, busybox needs to be compiled with color unchecked...

Argh, has this been added back in?!? This is the one MCR change that drove me to build my own ROM for the Nexus, it's just wrong.

Paul, if you insist on keeping that non-portable solution in MCR that's your call but could you tell us how to revert it to "standard" behaviour?

Guest Amon_RA
Argh, has this been added back in?!? This is the one MCR change that drove me to build my own ROM for the Nexus, it's just wrong.

Paul, if you insist on keeping that non-portable solution in MCR that's your call but could you tell us how to revert it to "standard" behaviour?

You could use the --color=never to fix the output temporary... :

# busybox ls

busybox ls

←[1;34macct←[0m ←[0;0mdefault.prop←[0m ←[1;32minit_recovery.rc←[0m ←[1;34mroot←[0m

←[1;36mbin←[0m ←[1;34mdev←[0m ←[1;34mlgdrm←[0m ←[1;34msbin←[0m

←[1;34mcache←[0m ←[1;36metc←[0m ←[1;34mlogo←[0m ←[1;36msdcard←[0m

←[1;34mconfig←[0m ←[1;32minit←[0m ←[1;34mmisc←[0m ←[1;34msys←[0m

←[1;36md←[0m ←[1;32minit.goldfish.rc←[0m ←[1;34mmnt←[0m ←[1;34msystem←[0m

←[1;34mdata←[0m ←[1;32minit.rc←[0m ←[1;34mproc←[0m ←[1;36musbdisk←[0m

# busybox ls --color=never

busybox ls --color=never

acct default.prop init_recovery.rc root

bin dev lgdrm sbin

cache etc logo sdcard

config init misc sys

d init.goldfish.rc mnt system

data init.rc proc usbdisk

#

Or just use the toolbox ls...

Guest djmcnz
You could use the --color=never to fix the output temporary... :

# busybox ls

busybox ls

←[1;34macct←[0m ←[0;0mdefault.prop←[0m ←[1;32minit_recovery.rc←[0m ←[1;34mroot←[0m

←[1;36mbin←[0m ←[1;34mdev←[0m ←[1;34mlgdrm←[0m ←[1;34msbin←[0m

←[1;34mcache←[0m ←[1;36metc←[0m ←[1;34mlogo←[0m ←[1;36msdcard←[0m

←[1;34mconfig←[0m ←[1;32minit←[0m ←[1;34mmisc←[0m ←[1;34msys←[0m

←[1;36md←[0m ←[1;32minit.goldfish.rc←[0m ←[1;34mmnt←[0m ←[1;34msystem←[0m

←[1;34mdata←[0m ←[1;32minit.rc←[0m ←[1;34mproc←[0m ←[1;36musbdisk←[0m

# busybox ls --color=never

busybox ls --color=never

acct default.prop init_recovery.rc root

bin dev lgdrm sbin

cache etc logo sdcard

config init misc sys

d init.goldfish.rc mnt system

data init.rc proc usbdisk

#

Or just use the toolbox ls...

Cool to see you here! Thanks for the reply.

I do want a perm fix and I prefer busybox over toolbox (for the reasons from another poster above)... can I just change the busybox binary to revert to norm?

Also, will we get an Amon recovery for the O2x? That would be my preferred choice.

Guest MeX_DK
Also, will we get an Amon recovery for the O2x? That would be my preferred choice.

Why is it you prefer Amon Recovery over CWM?. Not that I am judging you, but more that there might be something to Amon Recovery I might like more >_>

Guest AlexandrKiev

Paul could you explain why on stock firmware AnTutu Benchmark shows aroud 3900 points when in Fr11 maximum 3300 with OC to 1.4 GHz? In Quadrant Standart ~2700 on standart V10b firmware

Stock FW

post-862578-1302686022_thumb.pngpost-862578-1302686031_thumb.pngpost-862578-1302686036_thumb.pngpost-862578-1302686039_thumb.pngpost-862578-1302686043_thumb.png

Guest djmcnz
Why is it you prefer Amon Recovery over CWM?. Not that I am judging you, but more that there might be something to Amon Recovery I might like more >_>

IMHO:

The main reason is that it looks cleaner and more professional without all of the menu blanks and NO, NO, NO, YES... pages.

I also prefer mandatory signature checking but that seems a lost hope with so many unsigned zips out there. And as long as it has 'browse SD for zip' then it meets all of my needs.

Ultimately it meets my functional needs and I think it looks better.

Guest maedox
Paul could you explain why on stock firmware AnTutu Benchmark shows aroud 3900 points when in Fr11 maximum 3300 with OC to 1.4 GHz? In Quadrant Standart ~2700 on standart V10b firmware

Stock FW ...

You must be doing something wrong. There is no way in h*ll stock can perform better in any benchmark!

Edited by maedox

Guest AlexandrKiev
You must be doing something wrong. There is no way in h*ll stock can perform better in any benchmark!

No way?

Can be.

I received phone from my collegues. Made Factory reset and after that i install File Expert, AnTutu, Quadrant and Smartbench.

I remember what in some of Fr.. from Paul i have 3921 points in Antutu.

P.s.: here you are It was Fr4

Guest Korumera

Isnt it possible that the 2 programs just have a different way of calculating a end result? That would explain the huge differences in numbers.