28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djmcnz
New kernel = Must wipe before upgrading from another mcr fr4, right?

Naa, just wipe dalvik and flash the kernel.

You'll need to make an update.zip to flash it.

Edit:

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/dev/zero", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/tmp/boot.img", "of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5");

delete("/tmp/boot.img");

Is Paul's method, be careful though if you've not done it before - i.e. nandroid first.

Edited by djmcnz

Naa, just wipe dalvik and flash the kernel.

You'll need to make an update.zip to flash it.

Edit:

Is Paul's method, be careful though if you've not done it before - i.e. nandroid first.

The kernel is in the kitchen, no need to flash manually, just re-bake. :D

P

Guest Korumera

I have noticed a strange thing, but i cant figure out what is causing it. When trying to run Quadrant it skips the CPU tests. Anyone else having this problem?

Guest Korumera
CPU tests run on my copy of Quadrant (Advanced, latest version from SlideME Market).

P

I downloaded it again it runs fine for the first time, when i start it for a second time it skips the CPU test. It's the standard version from android market. I'll try to wipe the cache perhaps that works.

edit:

ok wiping cache seems to work :D

Edited by Korumera

Another test fix in the kitchen that will be part of Fr5... I fixed the clock size on the status bar. What were LG thinking, it looks much better now! :D

P

topbarfixed.png

Guest djmcnz
Another test fix in the kitchen that will be part of Fr5... I fixed the clock size on the status bar. What were LG thinking, it looks much better now! :D

P

topbarfixed.png

Thank you, that is worth the upgrade alone!

Guest sibbor

P

topbarfixed.png

Finally. Thanks, once again P! Looking forward to it. Actually I think some icons is too big too; longing for Gingerbread. Perfection ;-)... or no, there's no perfection in this world.

Guest MaliciousKen
Finally. Thanks, once again P! Looking forward to it. Actually I think some icons is too big too; longing for Gingerbread. Perfection ;-)... or no, there's no perfection in this world.

Everything will be so perfect with AOSP lockscreen. Something gotta go with lge-res.apk and anroid.policy.jar?

Edited by MaliciousKen

Guest kiflim

Hey,

I have a little problem : in the market, the download does not start, it stays on loading.

Someone else gets this problem ?

PS : Sorry for my bad english ;p and thanks Paul for the ROM

Guest Xoneso
Everything will be so perfect with AOSP lockscreen. Something gotta go with lge-res.apk and anroid.policy.jar?

already had a look through android.policy.jar though i couldn't find much on the first look though.

Btw LG decided to name their lockscreen for Andy from what android.policy.jar says..

Edited by Xoneso

Guest ezangrando

Agree! I prefere the google lockscreen too, is the last thing to have a pure android!! :D

Guest Xoneso

Got a minor problem with the new kernel paul.

baked version made with the new kernel. flashed update.zip with latest clockworkmod but it just keeps rebooting after it have played the bootanimation.zip

Guest Sorensiim
Got a minor problem with the new kernel paul.

baked version made with the new kernel. flashed update.zip with latest clockworkmod but it just keeps rebooting after it have played the bootanimation.zip

Just had my third force close of LauncherPro on the new kernel :D

...and that was the 4th fc on the new kernel, all while using the browser.

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest Xoneso
Just had my third force close of LauncherPro on the new kernel B)

...and that was the 4th fc on the new kernel, all while using the browser.

Guess i'm going back to use my own kernel for abit then :D atleast it works with that one for me

Guest Macheath

There is one serious bug in all MoDaCo Custom ROMs....

On stockrom, mobile data settings are corretly detected, but with every MoDaCo ROM, settings must be manually edited... so where is the problem?

Guest Sorensiim
My LauncherPro crashes too while using the browser.

I had a fc while using Opera Mobile as well, so it's back to the "old" kernel for me.

Guest Stefing
Did you check if your phone has the correct date?

My Market downloads didn't work until I corrected the date :D

So far, so great - thanks a lot! B) ;) :D

Guest Sorensiim
There is one serious bug in all MoDaCo Custom ROMs....

On stockrom, mobile data settings are corretly detected, but with every MoDaCo ROM, settings must be manually edited... so where is the problem?

A serious bug? When you flash a custom rom, your settings, including AP's are wiped. Calling that a serious bug would be like complaining that your new car has less gas in the tank after driving long distances. If setting up your AP after wiping your phone is too big a hassle for you, then perhaps custom roms are not the best solution for your needs.

There are also apps in the market that will backup and reload your AP configuration for you, check them out.