28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest d-droid
Never got an answer to this... :P

Everything you need to know is in the first post. It says that if you are running Fr3 or earlier you need to wipe. So you don't need to wipe.

It is always good however to take a backup before flashing in case something goes wrong. Sometimes a full wipe needs to be done although it it shouldn't be necessary in theory. If this is the case, you can use Titanium Backup to get a backup of the system and apps which you can easily restore after a full wipe.

Guest d-droid

Just wanted to say that I've been running the Fr17 prebake with 1200 OC and -50 UV on each clock interval. It's been working flawlessly since the release of Fr17. I haven't experienced any problems of any kind since flashing it (apart from that tiny little lag when installing an app from market).

Thanks!

Guest Helly

Using FR18B2, I have the problem, that when switching from wlan to HSDPA or HSDPA to GPRS, all Mobile Network is disabled and I can only establish a connection, when switching to airplane-mode and back.

Apart from that - great work (as usual), Paul, keep it up!

Edit : Doesn't seem to happen every time.

Edited by Helly

Guest Paul
A couple of things, Paul; I deleted a recurring event from the LG Calendar app and the confirmation dialog that pops up contains an '&', but it shows as '&'.

Ah, OK, I'll fix that. :P

Could you take a look at the default GPS settings? They don't seem to work, and I believe removing TLS from the Google server or using supl.nokia.com fixes it. I'd appreciate it if you could confirm it.

supl.nokia.com SHOULD be default, if not, i'll check it out.

Sometimes my Gmail sync stalls without showing any errors. Once in a while I realize that my phone hasn't notified me of any emails in a while, and when I check it my two Gmail accounts haven't been updated in hours. I use one @gmail.com and one Google Apps account. Usually they both stall, not just one at a time. Refreshing inside the Gmail app usually gets them going again. Sync settings doesn't report about any issues. Did anyone experience this?

Oh, and more importantly, any word on Gingerbread? <_<

Not seen that here. No word on GB yet. :rolleyes:

Using FR18B2, I have the problem, that when switching from wlan to HSDPA or HSDPA to GPRS, all Mobile Network is disabled and I can only establish a connection, when switching to airplane-mode and back.

Again, unable to replicate that i'm afraid.

Is it possible to update the eternity kernel to 2.3 and have an option without the 64 mb hack?

I'll update the Eternity kernel at next major rebuild and consider a non-ramhack option.

P

Guest aaww

Apart from that - great work (as usual), Paul, keep it up!

Edit : Doesn't seem to happen every time.

what radio(Baseband) ver do you use ?

if it is an old one consider an update.

Guest ageloskalp

P

I saw that you have put Nokias supl in the gps.conf but in the hidden menu there are the default google values.

Guest aaww
its already been said in topic and just want to confirm: i have side effects with the ram hack. In gallery when zoom into a picture i get black boxes. a restart wont fix it. besides that the extra ram is usefull :P

LG apps such as the gallery are tweaked to use more ram than necessary. if you will choose to use different gallery app you wont have any issues what so ever. check out the thread for recommendations.

One way or another you need to decide if you prefer to play allot of 3D games or you just want to get a high performance from the device.

Some games work with the hack but some have problems.

cheers

Guest Trym Hansen

Hi Paul, just a reminder of this post: (non-working link removed.)

Sorry to be a pest, but I think I've noticed you don't read the posts from the weekends.

(Missing localizations in google components. Not just norwegian.)

Edit: THe link didn't work for me, so here is the original post:

---

The Google e-mail client seems to lack some localizations. (I can't use the LG-email one, as it won't allow multiple corporate accounts and push-mail doesn't work).

I've tested with some random languages from the phone menu:

Norwegian - Not localized, neither "nb" nor "no"

Danish - Not localized

German - Localized

Spanish - Localized

Icelandic - Not localized

Italian - Localized

French - Localized

Finnish - Not localized.

Turkish - Not localized

Polish - Not localized.

Somebody mentioned that the google dialer and contacts aren't localized for them either, so I assume the same applies there. These components seem targeted at the western-european region only.

Edit: Or is it called the central-european region? I really don't know. Anyway, you get the point.

::Trym

---

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

P

I wiped and installed fr18b2, and the Nokia server wasn't there, had to add it myself.

Guest alvari
I wiped and installed fr18b2, and the Nokia server wasn't there, had to add it myself.

Same here. And google supl has string "NULL" set to the certificate field when editing via hidden menu.

Guest Trym Hansen

I love the new batterylife - it actually charges itself!

post-869413-1306149663_thumb.png

This image is from tonight. I went to bed, played a little angry birds, then turned off pretty much everything, ie. sound, wifi-fi, rotation-sensors etc. As you can see I "gained" a little power during the night, the battery reading was exactly the same when I woke up as when I went to sleep. Now that's efficient.

This is 3 full charge-cycles since a batterystats.bin removal.

Guest Trym Hansen
Same here. And google supl has string "NULL" set to the certificate field when editing via hidden menu.

Just checked. So does LGE SUPL and Spirent as well.

Guest c.joenie

Hey there,

it seems that within Fr17RC3 I get the problem that, whenever I am having a handover between accesspoints while using 802.1X EAP (TLS -PAP) (of a network that is not 100% stable), freezes the phone or causes it to reboot.

Grz,

JJ

Guest jambezuk

I didn't wipe (not since before Fr17RC3) and I'm in the same boat, had to add nokia server manually (NULL's also present in others).

Guest Paul
Hi Paul, just a reminder of this post: (non-working link removed.)

Sorry to be a pest, but I think I've noticed you don't read the posts from the weekends.

(Missing localizations in google components. Not just norwegian.)

Edit: THe link didn't work for me, so here is the original post:

---

The Google e-mail client seems to lack some localizations. (I can't use the LG-email one, as it won't allow multiple corporate accounts and push-mail doesn't work).

I've tested with some random languages from the phone menu:

Norwegian - Not localized, neither "nb" nor "no"

Danish - Not localized

German - Localized

Spanish - Localized

Icelandic - Not localized

Italian - Localized

French - Localized

Finnish - Not localized.

Turkish - Not localized

Polish - Not localized.

Somebody mentioned that the google dialer and contacts aren't localized for them either, so I assume the same applies there. These components seem targeted at the western-european region only.

Edit: Or is it called the central-european region? I really don't know. Anyway, you get the point.

---

If the Google Email doesn't have the localisations, it's the latest version from the Market, so I can't really help on that i'm afraid...

P

Guest maedox
If the Google Email doesn't have the localisations, it's the latest version from the Market, so I can't really help on that i'm afraid...

P

I think he means the Email app, not Gmail. There's one Email from Google and one from LG in the kitchen.

Guest Trym Hansen

P

Yep, I mean the e-mail client in your bake, not g-mail or the lg-email. And likely the (non-lg) dialer, contacts and others as well.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest PhilNelwyn

Paul, a small detail: the french translation of the "Close" button, in the smileys of LG keyboard, should be "Fermer" instead of "Proche".

If it ever happens that you don't know what to do for a minute or two, please could you fix that? ^^

Guest djmcnz
Yep, I mean the e-mail client in your bake, not g-mail or the lg-email. And likely the (non-lg) dialer, contacts and others as well.

I think Paul recognises this and is simply stating that he's providing what Google provides.

I think it would be helpful to know if the apk's you're talking about behave differently on another phone (with an ASOP ROM like CM) and/or if the apks actually even contain translations (need to open the apk)?

Do you think it's a problem with the apps or with the ROM? An indication would be if *any* (correct) translations are applied when you select a different language? If some are then it's likely that the ROM is working as expected.

Guest Trym Hansen
I think Paul recognises this and is simply stating that he's providing what Google provides.

I don't think so, as the android e-mail client is not a market app.

I think it would be helpful to know if the apk's you're talking about behave differently on another phone (with an ASOP ROM like CM) and/or if the apks actually even contain translations (need to open the apk)?

I think it's a good bet the apks don't contain the translations ;-) They used to though. I'm not sure exactly when they disappeared.

Do you think it's a problem with the apps or with the ROM? An indication would be if *any* (correct) translations are applied when you select a different language? If some are then it's likely that the ROM is working as expected.

The ROM is working, and if you read the original post you will see that some translations are working (for the mediterranean countries). This is just a case of missing localizations. Paul provides the opportunity to replace stock LG-components with aosp-ones as a service, so I thought it'd be good for him to know about this, as he may be unaware that the sources he has compiled the aosp-components from don't contain all the localisations they used to. Of course, if he's just redistributing already compiled apks there's little that can be done, I was however under the impression that he compiles from source himself.

Guest fl4mey

Hi,

at the Fr18 Beta 2 with the MCR Kernel r14 (2.6.32.28-mck-r14-ocuv) there is a bug which annoys me a bit :-/

The Wake-Up taking very long and its an issue caused by the new kernel because i just patched it from r10 to r14.... i hope u can fix it :P

Keep up the fantastic work paul! u doing really good!

EDIT: someone is able to confirm this issue?

Edited by fl4mey

Guest Trym Hansen
Hi,

at the Fr18 Beta 2 with the MCR Kernel r14 (2.6.32.28-mck-r14-ocuv) there is a bug which annoys me a bit :-/

The Wake-Up taking very long and its an issue caused by the new kernel because i just patched it from r10 to r14.... i hope u can fix it :P

Keep up the fantastic work paul! u doing really good!

EDIT: someone is able to confirm this issue?

I can confirm it happens if you use PimpMyCpu to force it to use the lowest processor speed in screen-off. Turn that off and you'll be fine.

Guest Paul

Either way, if there's not a no or nb translation, there's not much I can do about that. Why don't you make one? :P

P