28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just flashed the new FR19 for now it seems to be really smooth. I've choosen the Black them and with the correct selection of "Battery Full - popup", the statusbar clock is as well shown corrrectly.

Nice work, I'll do some further stress tests :)

... as always: thank you

kind regards

/edit: initial setup seems to be corrupted? I'm getting a force close when completing it :>

Edited by N0r0

Guest DarthD

just flashed new radio end new fr19 first boot already taking 15minutes. phone responds on touch by lighting up buttonbacklight, should i wait or is there something wrong?

/edit flashed back2ext3 and phone boots correct now

Edited by DarthD

/edit: initial setup seems to be corrupted? I'm getting a force close when completing it :>

This is due to one of the items you removed, no big deal tho!

P

Guest sangriaman
hi zusammen,

die neue 19er version startet leider nicht bei mir... das gerät friert nach dem start ein. also beim ladebalken :rolleyes:

zum test habe ich sogar schon ein full wipe gemacht und mir ein neues rom erstellt.

die beta 18 und die 17er laufen super!

jemand ne idee?

greetz

n3ro

the same in english :)

hi,

if i install the new fr19 the device doesnt boot.. it freeze..

the fr17 and fr18 works fine for me...

a full wipe and a new doenloaded rom make no difference.

has somebody an idea?

greetz

n3ro

flash back2ext3 before flashing the rom.

Guest gin0v4

one odd thing - as soon as i start the lg camera app the screen brightness goes down, as soon as i close the app the brightness increases again!

Guest zarras

Installed FR19 rc2 with 622 BB & RIL, before that i was on FR12.

I had also installed FR17 and some of CM's nightlies roms.

By far the best rom i ever had....

and although kernel is not tweaked and O/C the sensation i had from the device is A LOT better than everything i had before.

So far no FCs and no bugs, need to test gps in open space tho.

Gr8 work from LG (for the 1st time lol) and Paul (as awlays)

edit:: amazing battery life too

Edited by zarras

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen

I have been running FR19RC2 since it came out together with baseband 622. With this combination I'm experiencing a problem which I also had with the previous RC and previous baseband. When going from my home WiFi out into the wider world, quite often my GPRS connection is not activated. It helps to switch between modes all go into and out of aeroplane mode. This is quite annoying.

The second thing I am experiencing is random reboots and sometimes BSOD (about once a day).

I notice that people are no longer complain much about issues such as these, so I wonder if I am the only one, and if there is something more serious wrong with my phone... I don't think I have ever had a really stable ROM, not even stock.

Edited by Frank Sem-Jacobsen

Guest Fajar EP
I have been running FR19RC2 since it came out together with baseband 622. With this combination I'm experiencing a problem which I also had with the previous RC and previous baseband. When going from my home WiFi out into the wider world, quite often my GPRS connection is not activated. It helps to switch between modes all go into and out of aeroplane mode. This is quite annoying.

The second thing I am experiencing is random reboots and sometimes BSOD (about once a day).

I notice that people are no longer complain much about issues such as these, so I wonder if I am the only one, and if there is something more serious wrong with my phone... I don't think I have ever had a really stable ROM, not even stock.

i don't have all those problem using baseband 622 with RC2, so, not all people get those problems. if you get, maybe factory reset will solve it? or if that doesn't work, maybe hw replacement?

Guest gin0v4
is the RIL for 622BB included in the fr19? Or is it part of 622.fls?

thanks

ril is included, just flash the baseband, then install fr19 and u're good 2 go :)

Guest gin0v4
one odd thing - as soon as i start the lg camera app the screen brightness goes down, as soon as i close the app the brightness increases again!

just installed the final fr19 and still have this odd mistake.... display brightnes is set to auto and everytime i open camera app brightness goes down :)

edit: just fixed it installing this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1090785

Edited by gin0v4

Guest MrMastodon

Nei, du er ikke den eneste! (Eng: Nope, you are not the only one).

I have had several BSOD-s with FR19 RC2 and BB 622, and crap (or none) performance with 3G connection, the only way I could get a stable signal was switching to 2G.

Tried flashing again and again also with rebake, and with FR19, just the same. GPS wouldnt give me a stable fix either.

In my frustration i switched back to BB 502 yesterday, and so far it seems like everything is the way it should be.

(I chose 502 because i had really crap quality of audio when calling with BB 614)

Edit: No such luck, my phone just BSOD'd on me... But the connection is fine, when the phone is on... So BB gives me better performance, but it seems that I need to go back to FR18.......

Edited by MrMastodon

Guest hackworks

I would like to connect to Cisco VPN at work and this requires running "VPNC Widget" or "VPN Connections" (get-a-robot-vpnc). For vpnc to run, we need tun module or kernel built with tun support. Is there any plans to get the kernel built with tun support? CM7 kernel has built in tun support and I am able to connect to Cisco VPNs.

Edited by hackworks

Guest Paul
just installed the final fr19 and still have this odd mistake.... display brightnes is set to auto and everytime i open camera app brightness goes down :)

edit: just fixed it installing this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1090785

Hah, I forgot to patch that this time.

The solution is to turn off auto brightness, set brightness to high, then turn auto brightness on again!

P

Guest Paul
I would like to connect to Cisco VPN at work and this requires running "VPNC Widget" or "VPN Connections" (get-a-robot-vpnc). For vpnc to run, we need tun module or kernel built with tun support. Is there any plans to get the kernel built with tun support? CM7 kernel has built in tun support and I am able to connect to Cisco VPNs.

Yes, when we get the kernel source.

P

Guest Clone519

Hmmm is the SQL lite performance patch still working?

EDIT: I got stuck at boot where there is an LG logo with the loading bar

Edited by Clone519

Guest abwyatt
Hah, I forgot to patch that this time.

The solution is to turn off auto brightness, set brightness to high, then turn auto brightness on again!

P

... or if you use Tasker, setup a profile to control brightness when the camera app is open :)

Off topic, but while we are on the camera and tasker, here is a tip ... I combine the above task with a screen orientation task. Have you ever noticed that your photos' orientation is out of whack when you turn off screen rotation? You usually notice it after you upload the photo to Facebook and the darn pic is in landscape rather than portrait or vice-versa :rolleyes: If you are like me and always forget to turn on screen rotation before using the camera, just use a Tasker profile (and combine it with the screen brightness task) :rolleyes:

Guest Frank Sem-Jacobsen
Nei, du er ikke den eneste! (Eng: Nope, you are not the only one).

I have had several BSOD-s with FR19 RC2 and BB 622, and crap (or none) performance with 3G connection, the only way I could get a stable signal was switching to 2G.

Tried flashing again and again also with rebake, and with FR19, just the same. GPS wouldnt give me a stable fix either.

In my frustration i switched back to BB 502 yesterday, and so far it seems like everything is the way it should be.

(I chose 502 because i had really crap quality of audio when calling with BB 614)

Edit: No such luck, my phone just BSOD'd on me... But the connection is fine, when the phone is on... So BB gives me better performance, but it seems that I need to go back to FR18.......

Thanks, that is good to hear. It is a shamethat you do not have a fix for the problem, though. I am starting to seriously consider putting a stock ROM on it, and return the device for repair when I see the problem again. The only thing is the process of returning it for repair three times without them fixing the fault (then I can get a new one, or a refund) will take several months, and in the meantime I will have to buy a new phone :-(.

Guest abwyatt
Thanks, that is good to hear. It is a shamethat you do not have a fix for the problem, though. I am starting to seriously consider putting a stock ROM on it, and return the device for repair when I see the problem again. The only thing is the process of returning it for repair three times without them fixing the fault (then I can get a new one, or a refund) will take several months, and in the meantime I will have to buy a new phone :-(.

stock standard solu :) ... try doing a complete wipe, flash the ROM, test for a day or so ... load your apps one by one (do not restore from your Titanium backups if you use it) and test one by one. If all this fails, then I think you have a hardware problem.

I also had lots of instability problems like you and others, and always fixed it with the above approach. With experience and a tested set of apps loaded in Titanium, I now shortcut this process by restoring my apps from Titanium, but without their data if there is a problem. Have not had to do this for a long time though, not since FR17. FR18 and FR19 have flashed over existing installs without a hitch, and have been absolutely stable for me. Regarding basebands which some are linking to instability problems, it has never been my experience that the baseband is a cause for instability. Battery consumption and various functionality problems yes, but instability no. My 2 cents worth :rolleyes:

Edited by abwyatt

Guest Paul
why not integrate the patch "back to ext3" in the rom?

Because backtoext3 wipes, and if you're coming from a Fr19 Beta / RC, you are already EXT3 and don't need to wipe.

P

Guest abwyatt
why not integrate the patch "back to ext3" in the rom?

+1 ... hehe, it will stop all these post about newly flashed ROMs getting stuck at the LG screen from peppering the forum as it is now :)

Guest Husum182

Hey Paul.

Have a small issue - I use HTC IME Keyboard, and every time phone reboots, it doesnt save the "Personal" words I have created in the dictionary, so have to start from scratch every time.

Is this known issue or just my phone acting weird ?

Thanks! :)