28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ferrum Master

Paul, you should look forward into hunting Samsung Galaxy Z ROM, there should be some interesting goodies, as it is the most close relative to us, a handheld TEGRA2 based device. :)

Guest Clone519
Paul, you should look forward into hunting Samsung Galaxy Z ROM, there should be some interesting goodies, as it is the most close relative to us, a handheld TEGRA2 based device. :)

agreed :rolleyes: +1 on that

Guest Squide

Given the price and the hardware... brand name, Galaxy Z is a O2X killer :rolleyes:

LG need to make a better phone in order to fight back~

Guest aaww

Fr19 camera bug. While using the youtube app and trying to take a video. The screen goes dark while I am on auto brightness setting.

Paul can you please fix it?

Guest Almahadeus
Fr19 camera bug. While using the youtube app and trying to take a video. The screen goes dark while I am on auto brightness setting.

Paul can you please fix it?

Posts #4363 and 4367................

Guest minimind

HI all.

I´m coming from the Slick2X-G cm7-KANG V3.4 , and I´m having trouble installing the new fr19, I convert to ext3 , install the fr 19 and whipe and I get stuck in the "LG" logo all the time... when I recover to the slick´s rom I only have to convert to ext4 again so it can work..

In resume, I converted to ext3, installed fr19 made full whipe and get stuck on lg logo..

What am I missing?

regards

Guest fifi139
HI all.

I´m coming from the Slick2X-G cm7-KANG V3.4 , and I´m having trouble installing the new fr19, I convert to ext3 , install the fr 19 and whipe and I get stuck in the "LG" logo all the time... when I recover to the slick´s rom I only have to convert to ext4 again so it can work..

In resume, I converted to ext3, installed fr19 made full whipe and get stuck on lg logo..

What am I missing?

regards

u should flash baseband, wipe data and partition first before flashing fr19.

Edited by fifi139

Guest Clone519
HI all.

What am I missing?

regards

If you're using latest recovery 4.0.0.5, always go to mount and storage in CWM and ensure that system, data, cache all those are always mounted before and after u flash something. This is a strange problem I encountered everytime in CWM, they always get dismounted after every boot up or flash

Edited by Clone519

Guest minimind
If you're using latest recovery 4.0.0.5, always go to mount and storage in CWM and ensure that system, data, cache all those are always mounted before and after u flash something. This is a strange problem I encountered everytime in CWM, they always get dismounted after every boot up or flash

tryied that and now it works!..

thanks!

Guest minimind

Hi , once more

Now it works, although this time , the controls of wifi gps etc and the music controls have disappeared! I cooked tiwce without the option to disable!

Don´t understand..

regards

Guest AleFranz
Hi , once more

Now it works, although this time , the controls of wifi gps etc and the music controls have disappeared! I cooked tiwce without the option to disable!

Don´t understand..

regards

which apks are affected by this options?

Guest fifi139

Or u can use old version CWM 3.0.28 the one included at ROM Manager. :) Works for me. Tried 4.0.0.5 but don't like it. I had to flash twice using 4.0.0.5. But 3.0.28 strangely enough only once needed.

Guest gin0v4
Is it possible to OC/UV with the current kernel?

nope, its lg's stock kernel since the kernel source files aren't released yet :)

Guest RedeemerSK

Just flashed BB 622 + Fr19 ... 1st time flashing, all went well. ROM is gr8 so far, thx.

I'm just curious what was the reasoning behind removing usb debug notification ("Remove USB debugging sound and persistent notification"). Is there a way to re-enable it ?

And one more, when an app is installed, there's no notification sound played anymore (coming from stock ROM). Feature / bug ?

Both are something I can live with, no big deal ... just want to know.

Anyway, money spent well, you deserve it for sure, Mr.

Thx again

Guest AJ Morales

havent tested everything yet but the battery life is great... 2 days and 15 hours still at 57% :)

thanks paul for the great ROM :rolleyes:

Edited by AJ Morales

Guest Shadowman19
havent tested everything yet but the battery life is great... 2 days and 15 hours still at 57% :)

thanks paul for the great ROM :rolleyes:

Really?? But you have not used your phone very often, have you? If I look at the display-on time in the battery stats, it seems like I can get about 4 hours of using the phone with display on.. This is not too great :rolleyes:

Guest Paul
I am very happy, but will finally relax when I will have an os that can take advantage of the 2 cores :) but for now I am happy.

Paul you are the Man !

Froyo uses both cores.

P

Guest talp1

I'm very happy with fr19, battery life is now a dream, 20% in 12 hours in standby mode! :)

But I have some problem with the headphone and radio FM:

- the phone doesn't detect insert or remove headphone if it's in standby mode; if I insert the headphone then turn on the phone seem the headphone is not detected, so I have to remove and reinsert then the phone detect it; the same for removing;

- only when I use the radio FM, the volume button has not effect in headphone; the on-screen popup show the volume higher or lower, but the real volume in headphone is the same (very low volume); the problem doesn't affect the other multimedia application in headphone, where the volume goes up and down without problem, nor the phone calling, so is not a broken headphone problem

Someone can reproduce the same problems?

Thanks

Guest AleFranz

Thanks for your effort Paul!

I have a problem with the stock sms app.

Often when I open the sms app and

- there is a new message

- the app was left open on a sms thread

when I jump back to the sms list, the app hangs with a black screen.

Even if i go to the launcher and back to the sms app, the app is still frozen with black screen.

I have to kill it (or wait the system to say that the app has hanged and let it kill it...)

I have about 400 sms, restored with "sms backup restore"

Any clue?