28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Krizzman

I found a problem with this custom rom. I'm new to the android world just got my Optimus 2X yesterday and I wanted to squeeze its full potential. I read a bit and really liked this MCR, I rooted my phone using SuperOneClick, then I installed Clockwork using the tut on this forums (http://android.modac...-lg-optimus-2x/). Everything went fine, 0 problems. When I transferred the .zip that I donwloaded from this thread to my SD card (I used the USB, I don't have a SD reader) I put it in /sdcard/_ExternalSD as explained. When I start the recovery tool I go into "install zip from sdcard", "choose zip from sdcard" BUT! there's no update :/. It only shows -DCIM/ -LOST.DIR/ -clockworkmod/ -spritebackup/ as a list and If I search inside the update is not there (Those are folders from the inner SD?). Anyways, help would be highly apreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who cares to reply

EDIT: Nevermind I wrongly mixed the internal SD and the external one lol. Problem solved GREAT Custom rom :)

Edited by Krizzman

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

Hi, This battery life is better but is there any mods/hacks to increase the battery life of this phone to the maximum potential. And is Cyanmod 7 ROM battery and better than this ROM?

Guest droweed

Hi, This battery life is better but is there any mods/hacks to increase the battery life of this phone to the maximum potential. And is Cyanmod 7 ROM battery and better than this ROM?

unfortunately battery life varies depending on user usage... but i suggest you use juicedefender.

imo if a rom runs everything that its meant to do then its better, with CM alot of stuff are still broken atm, so i suggest if you want stable, then this is the rom for you.

Guest Steppo

unfortunately battery life varies depending on user usage... but i suggest you use juicedefender.

imo if a rom runs everything that its meant to do then its better, with CM alot of stuff are still broken atm, so i suggest if you want stable, then this is the rom for you.

i am using juice defender pro version, and it lengthens battery life so much...but i got a problem with it though. when it is activated, the internet connection seems to be hindered by it..

i can browse or use apps which require connection properly for like a minute and then the connection gets very slow, although i have the same signal quality as before..

someone experiencing the same issue. i think it could be one of my settings..using bit customized extreme profile...

Guest jon.m.knight

hmmm... looks like there's no update anymore unless LG released new kernel/ROM..

LG have released the 10e kernel source, that's why there's an alpha MoDaCo custom kernel.

Check out Imperticus' Neoblaze thread on XDA if you want a custom kernel with O/C

Paul said in post #4608 in this thread he's still going to work on the o2x. Check his twitter, he's been bombarded with new devices, and has also been busy bringing some old(er) handsets up to date (i.e nexxus s)

I suspect an FR20 with OC/UV won't be that far away...

Guest RodmanPT @ OMNIA

Is this ROM already Gingerbread based or not ?

I use my phone in a daily basis and to work too, so I need a stable ROM where everything is working perfectly. I was thinking about installing this ROM, or maybe just wait for the official LG Gingerbread update, but if this one is stable and already Gingerbread based, I would give it a try.

Tkx.

Guest pfueldner

Is this ROM already Gingerbread based or not ?

I use my phone in a daily basis and to work too, so I need a stable ROM where everything is working perfectly. I was thinking about installing this ROM, or maybe just wait for the official LG Gingerbread update, but if this one is stable and already Gingerbread based, I would give it a try.

Tkx.

Not Gingerbread-based - that's why it is called Fr19 as in Froyo Release 19. But it is absolutely stable and reliable, probably the most stable and reliable ROM for this phone at this time.

Guest Vowels

I'll be getting an LG Optimus 2X in Canada and I was wondering if this ROM will work on it. The 3G frequencies I'd be using (850/1900) are different from EU and I'm worried there might be problems if I flashed my phone with FR19

Guest ciarpame
Checking out the new releases and preparing a few tweaks for the next version.

P

In Italy a new official update was released a few days ago. Are you planning to include it in next releases?

Guest kruppin

Does this Rom work with the newest Baseband?

If you mean 0725, then yes, just DL the right RIL also.. And soon Paul will release Fr20 which will be based on the V10d rom. :)

Guest Willimaese

Thanks Paul for the Fr19 rom, I've been using it for a few months and everything works great. Battery life is awesome, it lasts 30 hours (wifi and gps off if no using it, auto rotattion off, haptic response off, installed only tha apps that I use)

We are lucky to have you because the stock rom is a great piece of s***.

And please keep working on the optimus 2x, we're waiting for gingerbread stable rom! :)

Edited by Willimaese

I see Paul is working hard on Galaxy S2 :)

Just wonder if there is any news about the final version leak of Gingerbread to the 2x ... Paul?

Just rustled up a GS2 ROM but still here for the 2X users. :)

No sign of the final GB leak yet, i'm checking with my sources tho! :)

P

Just thought i'd post an update.

As you may know from posts here, my Gingerbread ROM is based on V20A. V20B and indeed V20C seem to be 'out there', as well as a V21E for which the kernel source code has just been released. I have contacted my contact to request the latest version, which he is going to upload for me.

Unfortunately (for those wanting a ROM) or fortunately (for me needing a holiday), I am going away today and will be back on 30th August. This means no ROM updates until then i'm afraid.

BUT...

When I return, the 2X ROM will be the first to get updated. I plan to release a final 'Fr20' Froyo ROM (with the latest changes / updates) and a new 'Gr3' Gingerbread ROM as my first releases after getting back. I know some people have noted I also have a MCR for Galaxy S II now... this is true, but I am still supporting the 2X at this time and it will be updated first when I get back! :)

Thanks for you ongoing support... :)

P

Guest FPSAUS4EVER

hi, I made a nandroid of the stock ROM. And now i have modaco fr19 install with a baseband of 1035.21_20110622. So if i restore my stock ROM backup will my baseband be downgraded to the original baseband or do i have to do it manually.