28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest emprize

im using fr10, everytime after i reboot the device, the mobile network need initialize very long time, is it normal for 2x? because my milestone can initialize very quick with same sim card

Guest moonie17

Think thats what i did yesterday when i flashed Fr11.... but when i rebaked today must have selected the right option as my clock is white :)

Guest nikjensie
You probably selected a Vanilla option with it (e.g. disable battery popup for Vanilla)...

P

Duh... I probably did... sorry :) Thanks!!!

... and keep up this awesome work, it's VERY appreciated!

...oh! BTW... what are the chances of getting Voice Dialling initiated by BT to work?

//Nik

Guest athanaso77
...oh! BTW... what are the chances of getting Voice Dialling initiated by BT to work?

Oh... i want that too!!!

Optimus 2X is the only device that i cannot make that work!!!

Guest buch85
My data connection gets disconencted frequently and will not reconnect automatically. However, the data arrows on the status bar are still flashing.

When this happens, I cannot receive any calls or sms. I simply lose the basic phone functionality and unknowingly became uncontactable.

I will need to restart the phone to get every thing back to normal. It is rather frustrating as I have to keep checking on my phone half-hourly.

The only way to avoid this is to use 2g mode only. I rely a lot on my HSPA data connection and would appreciate if anyone can provide some insights to the problem.

I am on MCR Fr 10, and baseband 1035.21_20110315

Hi, i've read a similar issue on the LGItalia Facebook page. The user that reported this issue says that the problem is triggered when in 3g mode you are using both data and voice: if the signal is poor and data connection unstable, the phone tries to switch to 2g and, instead of switching off data connection and keeping voice connection, it crashes blocking the phone functionality.

Guest Ming-Z
I'm also having the same issue using my 2X with MCR Fr10 while I never had this before with my old Milestone, it's very annoying and I hope it's going to be fixed.

Juste to precise : this "bluetooth audio streaming stuttering" issue happens while playing podcasts through Google Listen (my bluetooth headset is a Motorola S9)

Guest MaliciousKen
Hi, i've read a similar issue on the LGItalia Facebook page. The user that reported this issue says that the problem is triggered when in 3g mode you are using both data and voice: if the signal is poor and data connection unstable, the phone tries to switch to 2g and, instead of switching off data connection and keeping voice connection, it crashes blocking the phone functionality.

Hi buch, thank you for the info. Did the person managed to find any remedy?

I couldn't go back to the LG service center since my warranty is probably void by flashing a non-stock radio/baseband.

Anyone else with this problem?

Paul, are you able to help with the problem?

Guest buch85

LG is investigating the problem but no replies yet.

About the warranty, i'm not sure but if you reflash the stock radio/ROM/whatever they won't be able to know if you flashed something else on the phone

Guest gin0v4

i love u and i want a baby from u paul xDDDDD

edit: when i hit the download button and enter the capture the file is named fr 10 - are u still uploading fr11 or did u just forget to rename it???

Edited by gin0v4

Guest Clone519
i love u and i want a baby from u paul xDDDDD

edit: when i hit the download button and enter the capture the file is named fr 10 - are u still uploading fr11 or did u just forget to rename it???

+1, Yeah the file is still named Fr10 ><

Guest MaliciousKen
LG is investigating the problem but no replies yet.

About the warranty, i'm not sure but if you reflash the stock radio/ROM/whatever they won't be able to know if you flashed something else on the phone

I only have nandroid backup of my rom, 10A.

Couldn't find the stock radio.

Guest miswu0129

i need help!!

when i install 2x-kernel-2.6.32.9-fakeShmoo-cpasjuste.1 or 2x-kernel-2.6.32.9-fakeShmoo-cpasjuste.2 for paul's fr11 rom,i can oc,but i can't use hotspot!!

But when i install 2x-kernel-2.6.32.9-fakeShmoo-cpasjuste.3 for paul's fr11 rom,i can oc and use hotspot,but when run 1 minute,it's stop. i have to restart my phone.

i think it's maybe should up mv?? Like 1.2GHz/1150mv 1.3GHz/1250mv.

Because when i install 2x-kernel-2.6.32.9-fakeShmoo-cpasjuste.1,i can use and very good,only have the hotspot problem.

Anyone can help me??

sorry my poor english

Guest Betabox

Thanks for all those who helped previously in regards to my ROM flash, everything is running silky smooth.

Just a quick question, am I right in thinking that to upgrade a MoDaCo ROM, you would boot into Clockwork and then select the upgrade option, at which point you then point it to the new zip file?

I would be looking to go to FR11 from FR10

Guest Rocky7
Thanks for all those who helped previously in regards to my ROM flash, everything is running silky smooth.

Just a quick question, am I right in thinking that to upgrade a MoDaCo ROM, you would boot into Clockwork and then select the upgrade option, at which point you then point it to the new zip file?

I would be looking to go to FR11 from FR10

yes

Guest c.joenie

Paul,

nice work!!

here's my wishlist ^^:

- the ability to backup your settings towards google (This allows me to automatically download all the apps from market after flash:))

- some update checker? That checks whether you created a new kick-as FR version :)!

Grz,

JJ

Guest olibos

Paul,

Great work ! :-)

I want to try your last rom but it seems the md5 hash don't match.

(here is my hash: 9f2172d12596a3a6b1e71df9d94d6b7b from 2 differents md5 sums applications)

Thank you,

Olivier

Edit:

Nevermind, it was the old link... reloading...

Edited by olibos

Guest BigBlue007
Could we somehow get rid of the annoying cyan-color and change to gingerbread green? :)

Or is there a simple way to do that on your own?

+1. I really hate that color (which is turquoise IMHO) as well, especially when it comes to checkboxes, where I can hardly distinguish checked from unchecked boxes.

I assume this is just a little change in framework-res.apk. I understand that this might be a change which is not commonly asked for. So maybe someone could explain what to change in the framework-res.apk, because I think that it's really just a matter of changing one byte or so.

TIA!

Guest Betabox
yes

Thanks, quick question, do I rename the kitchen bake to update.zip and then place it on the external sd card in the root or do I place it on the internal?