Official 2.2 upgrade for Swedish Comviq and TeliaSonera phones

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

So, now we can go from Gen1 to Gen2 and back again at will, and that in less than 24 hours from when the upgrades became available. Not bad.

Now I can't help to be a bit curious what would happen if someone used one of the swedish 2.2 upgrades on a 256Mb Gen2 phone like the V880.

Brick or success?

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest wookie16081965
Ok, ONLY do this if you are aware of the risks involved. Worked on my phone (OLED Orange San Francisco)
  • Put a Gen2 ROM on your SD-card (as of writing the only one available is Swedish Spring)
  • Restore a stock ROM or at least a stock recovery image. I used the recovery.img from TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04: http://www.mediafire.com/?d469m6qvn13ae6c
    NOTE: If are allready on Gen2 you MUST use a Gen2 recovery image.
  • Download this package and put the sysdy folder into c:\windows : http://www.mediafire.com/?kog53g7ikb6lii7
  • Power off phone, remove battery.
  • Run c:\windows\sysdy\download.exe as Administrator (it's the hacked download.exe posted erlier in this thread)
  • When told to, hold down volume-down and connect USB cable.
  • Wait for FTM to appear on screen and for the application to say it is ready.
  • Press Start and it should start flashing...
  • When it get's to 98% or something like that it will start Clockwork recovery on the phone but if you wait another minute or so it will reach 100% and say that it is finished.
  • Here I told clockwork to reboot which means it will run reboot and run boot.img which happens to also be Clockwork so Clockwork will start again.
  • Use Clockwork to install Swedish Spring RLS4b and reboot when finished.

doing it now flashing rls4b as im typing can i flash the asop dialer and frankish themes on this rom thanks

Guest wookie16081965
doing it now flashing rls4b as im typing can i flash the asop dialer and frankish themes on this rom thanks

oh dear somethings wrong just keeps rebooting

Guest wookie16081965
oh dear somethings wrong just keeps rebooting

stupid me hadnt put battery back in booting now i think crosses fingers

Guest hecatae
So, now we can go from Gen1 to Gen2 and back again at will, and that in less than 24 hours from when the upgrades became available. Not bad.

Now I can't help to be a bit curious what would happen if someone used one of the swedish 2.2 upgrades on a 256Mb Gen2 phone like the V880.

Brick or success?

where is solidchips when you need him :D

Guest fonix232
Do not need to put into windows folder.

Nice work, how did you do it?

And what did you remove from it so it is now only <300kb?

Guest kallt_kaffe

The only thing that differs between the Gen1 and Gen2 installs is the kernel and two lib-files. Themes and addons should work just the same on both Gen1 and Gen2 phones.

Guest wookie16081965
The only thing that differs between the Gen1 and Gen2 installs is the kernel and two lib-files. Themes and addons should work just the same on both Gen1 and Gen2 phones.

brill thanks for your reply has worked perfect with the step by step thanks for all your work

ok all done and well.

Good work K.K :D

so have i got this right,i flash a stoke 2.1 rom,then i can flash official 2.2 comviq ?

But of course i wont do that,no fun having no root or frankish themes.

Edited by Guest

Guest fonix232

Ok, dropped together a little flashing package for beginners, thanks goes to mrradmir for his modified download.exe!

This one will make you able to flash Gen2 easily (Gen1 armprg.bin is NOT included! DO NOT flash Gen1 TPT with this!).

Usage:

- Extract Flasher.zip

- Copy your TPT into ./files (all mbn and img files)

- Run download.exe and follow the instructions shown there

Flasher.zip

Guest mrradmir
Nice work, how did you do it?

And what did you remove from it so it is now only <300kb?

I've changed path to files and packed exe-file (>6.5Mb is too big for flasher :D).

I suppose that DFM mode works when clockwork is running.

Guest SnowblindFIN
Ok, dropped together a little flashing package for beginners, thanks goes to mrradmir for his modified download.exe!

This one will make you able to flash Gen2 easily (Gen1 armprg.bin is NOT included! DO NOT flash Gen1 TPT with this!).

Usage:

- Extract Flasher.zip

- Copy your TPT into ./files (all mbn and img files)

- Run download.exe and follow the instructions shown there

I have clockworkmod installed in my GEN1 blade, should i somewhat reset it to factory (?).

Edited by SnowblindFIN

I have clockworkmod installed in my GEN1 blade, should i somewhat reset it to factory (?).

you need to flash a stock recovery.img before you can do the upgrade to Gen 2

Edited by Guest

Guest godmd5

i try it my oled blade is go to GEN2 phone (i open the "ask mr pigfish" saw the phone is gen2 now) ,but the clockwork can not work now

first time install rsl4b is work..

is i need to install clockwork x880.img??

Guest hecatae
i try it my oled blade is go to GEN2 phone (i open the "ask mr pigfish" saw the phone is gen2 now) ,but the clockwork can not work now

first time install rsl4b is work..

is i need to install clockwork x880.img??

what guide did you follow?

if you downloaded what kallt_kaffe suggested you should have clockwork already installed

Guest zabtcent

Maybe a stupid question but at this state is the official 2.2 any way better than SS RS4?? :D I wonder if i will get any improvment over Swedish Spring? I don't use overclocking and hw ui...maybe i could live without themes if it's worth it..

Guest hecatae
Excellent work chaps! Now, the $64,000 question: what benefits has anyone seen from the Gen2 kernel, RIL and libraries?

HSUPA is working

far quicker to start a data connection

new wireless module

UMTS 850mhz enabled

getting better reception in general

Guest hecatae
Maybe a stupid question but at this state is the official 2.2 any way better than SS RS4?? :D I wonder if i will get any improvment over Swedish Spring? I don't use overclocking and hw ui...maybe i could live without themes if it's worth it..

SS is based on the official 2.2, already disabled hw ui and overclocking on it.

Guest fonix232
Excellent work chaps! Now, the $64,000 question: what benefits has anyone seen from the Gen2 kernel, RIL and libraries?

Dammit, you're the 100th who asks this...

HSUPA, official Froyo, no CM. Those are the benefits for now.

Also themes work with SS!

UMTS 850mhz enabled

Wait a minute. This is not a limitation of the hardware itself? Because in all specs the device is listed only dualband 900/1200 MHz in UMTS mode.