Swedish Spring RLS4 Respin - Gen 1 and 2 - Lite or Phat

Guest Len Ash

Guest Gerry P
Hi, love the ROM - just one question. How can I add live wallpapers into the Lite version they dont show up as selectable in the wallpaper picker.

Thanks,

Gerry

Its OK I extracted the live wallpaper picker.apk from the full version to the SD card and installed it from app manager which worked. (should have tried before posting).

Guest Len Ash
Its OK I extracted the live wallpaper picker.apk from the full version to the SD card and installed it from app manager which worked. (should have tried before posting).

OK - in an attempt to reduce everything to a minimum, and based on the assumption (gained from this site) that most users don't bother with Live Wallpapers, I whipped it out. Easy to reinstate though, as you've found.

Guest Len Ash
hi

some of my ringtones do not work anymore.

they worked on flb froyo rom before.

any solutions ?

thanks

Not sure what you mean... your "own" ringtones or the ones in /system/media/????

Guest shanewaz
Great work! Really looking forward to flash this but had a few questions:

Could someone confirm if I am to add on the 'Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip' or the 'Swedish_Spring_RLS3_aosp_contacts.zip' as RLS3 was added by previous poster, but not sure if it was a typo or if they meant it.

Also, am I ok to add on the Swedish_Spring_RLS4_deskclock.zip after, or will this cause a problem?

Also, I know Google maps etc are listed in the full phat vesion, but are the full google apps added in the lite Rom?

Thanks!

Bump

Guest Len Ash
Bump

The builds are both AOSP, so no adds needed. Can't imagine any issues with Deskclock... try it, nothing will die terminally.

Most of the G Apps are not installed by default in the Lite version. They are all easy to get via Market so folk can download selectively as a "menu" if they wish.

One thing I do suggest users do is download the ROM(s) and look in /system/app on their PC/Mac before installing so they can judge what's there and whats not.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Respect

Is it possible to disable all the vibrating for nonsense, like when I press the back button or when I type a single letter...

I think it'd save me alot of battery life.

Guest Len Ash
Is it possible to disable all the vibrating for nonsense, like when I press the back button or when I type a single letter...

I think it'd save me alot of battery life.

Errr... really?

Settings>Sounds>Haptic Feedback

I suggest you download and scan through the Android User Guide...

Guest Respect
Errr... really?

Settings>Sounds>Haptic Feedback

I suggest you download and scan through the Android User Guide...

Thanks for the headsup :)

Your version of SS is the best

Guest happyandroid

are there any mirrors to download from.. megaupload seems to be having problems.

update...got it now..Thanks Lance.

Edited by happyandroid

Guest revmit

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

First:

I've been using your ROM and I'm very pleased, it won't come off any time soon.

Second:

One little thing that I would like to know is how to put in a profile pic for myself in the text messaging app that comes with your (and other) ROM(s).

I get the pictures for people I'm texting to, but next to my own text there's just a gray square on the left, followed by 'Me:' and then my message. I would like to put a pic in that gray box.

How do I go about that? There's no option for that anywhere in the menu.

Edited by revmit

Guest mon3em
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

First:

I've been using your ROM and I'm very pleased, it won't come off any time soon.

Second:

One little thing that I would like to know is how to put in a profile pic for myself in the text messaging app that comes with your (and other) ROM(s).

I get the pictures for people I'm texting to, but next to my own text there's just a gray square on the left, followed by 'Me:' and then my message. I would like to put a pic in that gray box.

How do I go about that? There's no option for that anywhere in the menu.

- just download "my phone number" app by from market it's free then add your phone number.

- add your number to contacts also then change ur pic then you are done :)

hope it work for you

Guest revmit
- just download "my phone number" app by from market it's free then add your phone number.

- add your number to contacts also then change ur pic then you are done :)

hope it work for you

Thank you, very much.

Guest wakaru

Alternatively you can just use your computer to manage your contacts via google.com/contacts, add your name, phone number and picture there and make your phone sync it afterwards.

Edited by wakaru

Guest dibbles

Using the full phat ROM would I be ok in removing from the app location...

com.anddoes.fancywidget.apk

com.aol.mobile.engadget.apk

com.facebook.katana.apk

com.google.android.apps.shopper.apk

Maps.apk

Street.apk

VMHeapTool.apk

...are there any absolute exceptions within the apps folder that must not be removed..?

for example. If I removed com.fede.launcher.apk but replaced it with another launcher would that be ok..?

and thanks to LanceH for your work.

Guest Brianrh

Good work on these LanceH I've tried them both and like them.

However I do seem to have a minor problem with both versions which I don't with the standard SS RLS4 with music players. I've tried Astro Player (my favourite), Mortplayer and the installed music player and they all seem to act erratically. Some times they just won't play tracks, sometimes if you press play it advances after a delay to the next track but won't play that. Sometimes if you drag the slider part way into the track it will play from that point. They seem worse on audiobooks and podcasts than music but sometimes music plays okay then if you go to podcasts (mp3) they will play okay as well and you can't fault the player. If you reboot you go back to square one again.

Sorry if this a bit muddled but I can't get a handle on this strange behaviour. Has anybody have issues similar to mine? This happens on both of LanceH's version and is the only thing stopping me from changing over full time.

Thanks.

Brian

Guest Len Ash
Using the full phat ROM would I be ok in removing from the app location...

com.anddoes.fancywidget.apk

com.aol.mobile.engadget.apk

com.facebook.katana.apk

com.google.android.apps.shopper.apk

Maps.apk

Street.apk

VMHeapTool.apk

...are there any absolute exceptions within the apps folder that must not be removed..?

for example. If I removed com.fede.launcher.apk but replaced it with another launcher would that be ok..?

and thanks to LanceH for your work.

You can delete all of those, but make sure you add a suitable Launcher... if you want to use Launcher2, make sure it is the one from kk's AOSP zip in the straight SS RLS4 post.

Guest Len Ash
Good work on these LanceH I've tried them both and like them.

However I do seem to have a minor problem with both versions which I don't with the standard SS RLS4 with music players. I've tried Astro Player (my favourite), Mortplayer and the installed music player and they all seem to act erratically. Some times they just won't play tracks, sometimes if you press play it advances after a delay to the next track but won't play that. Sometimes if you drag the slider part way into the track it will play from that point. They seem worse on audiobooks and podcasts than music but sometimes music plays okay then if you go to podcasts (mp3) they will play okay as well and you can't fault the player. If you reboot you go back to square one again.

Sorry if this a bit muddled but I can't get a handle on this strange behaviour. Has anybody have issues similar to mine? This happens on both of LanceH's version and is the only thing stopping me from changing over full time.

Thanks.

Brian

Interesting - I'll have a look/see

Guest dibbles
You can delete all of those, but make sure you add a suitable Launcher... if you want to use Launcher2, make sure it is the one from kk's AOSP zip in the straight SS RLS4 post.

Thank you for your reply :)

Guest happyandroid

Ok. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I bought a San Francisco a week ago and I uploaded the light version of RLS4 and generally I'm really happy with it BUT the battery life is only about 6 hours with moderate use. I know this can be a problem but i thought RLS4 was the best..

the apps i have are.

3G WATCHDOG..APPS2SD...CARHOME...EBAY....ES FILE EXPLORER...FB READER....YAHOO MAIL...YAHOO MESSENGER...

GOOGLE MAPS inc nav...MOON READER...MSN-MERCURY....QR droid...SKYPE....Start talking......titanuim back up....

Tm world clock.... google translate....watchdog lite.....wifi status....zedge....zMooth lite.....seaman player.

I have been using it most of the time with out wifi as it does not connect properly (usual problem). Skype and yahoo are set as on. occasional web use and one 2 minute call. also a bit of downloading from market (about 5 apps)and setting up.

If i check watchdog it will tell me that the dialler is on. so i kill it then it comes back on again within a minute or so.

I know from reading the forum that this can use up battery..

so my question is how do i stop it?

Do i reinstall a vanilla version of respin lite and check the results. or preferably there is a known hack or remedy for this.

If this question has been asked before. sorry but i could not find it (and i have only had the phone for 5 days) so i bow to experience. Also Lance nice work.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks Allan

Ps i love the phone just want the battery to last longer.

Edited by happyandroid

Guest Hellek2

I am fine concerning the battery. I uninstalled most of the apps from the phat version though, I only chose it since I need gTalk and it can't be installed from market.

The only issues I have are:

1.) Menu-button => search does not open search. Neither does "long press menu button and start typing".

2.) I loose data connection once in a while. Disabling and re-enabling data fixes it.

Guest Brianrh
Ok. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I bought a San Francisco a week ago and I uploaded the light version of RLS4 and generally I'm really happy with it BUT the battery life is only about 6 hours with moderate use. I know this can be a problem but i thought RLS4 was the best..

the apps i have are.

3G WATCHDOG..APPS2SD...CARHOME...EBAY....ES FILE EXPLORER...FB READER....YAHOO MAIL...YAHOO MESSENGER...

GOOGLE MAPS inc nav...MOON READER...MSN-MERCURY....QR droid...SKYPE....Start talking......titanuim back up....

Tm world clock.... google translate....watchdog lite.....wifi status....zedge....zMooth lite.....seaman player.

I have been using it most of the time with out wifi as it does not connect properly (usual problem). Skype and yahoo are set as on. occasional web use and one 2 minute call. also a bit of downloading from market (about 5 apps)and setting up.

If i check watchdog it will tell me that the dialler is on. so i kill it then it comes back on again within a minute or so.

I know from reading the forum that this can use up battery..

so my question is how do i stop it?

Do i reinstall a vanilla version of respin lite and check the results. or preferably there is a known hack or remedy for this.

If this question has been asked before. sorry but i could not find it (and i have only had the phone for 5 days) so i bow to experience. Also Lance nice work.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks Allan

Ps i love the phone just want the battery to last longer.

You could try installing a different dialer like Dialer One from the Android Market and set this as the default dialer. However with your problem the stock dialer may still be running in the background perhaps. You could give it a try until someone more knowledgeable comes along.

Brian

Guest XpressAndy

Installed this ROM. Great work :)

Is Accelerometer a bit laggy/slow for you guys? Once in landscape mode it doesn't come back to normal (vertical) easily/quickly. I keep it turning to make it come to normal.

One more noob question: Is a2sd or similar preinstalled in this rom? How do I use it?