Should i buy a HD7?

Guest OmegaStalker

Guest OmegaStalker

Hiya im in the market for a new phone as ive sold my Dell Streak (which i loved due to the custom roms) but now i need a new phone...

It's between the HD7 and Desire HD but ive never had any experience with the new microsoft phone OS

my main questions is whats the internet experience like and ive head WM7 has a shortage of apps (not sure if this is blog BS though) and i LOVED dolphin HD on my Streak, is the internet as nice on the HD7?..

i liked android but it was starting to wear on me although desire HD with cyanogen mod seemed nice option...

Also are there any other phones i should consider 4" screen or bigger pref...

Thanks for any advice...

Guest awarner

Shortage of apps? well there are well over 13k and growing, growing at a faster rate than any other platform as well.

If you like a large screen then the HD7 is one of the best WP7 devices plus they have just released the HD7S but I do not know the availability of it but it has a better screen. Saying that though I've never had any real problems with my HD7 and I can say it's the best device I've ever owned.

The OS is smooth, reliable and while first impressins you may think it looks basic, it's not, it's more to the fact that it works in such an easy way you find the "trying to be pretty" eye candy was just a waste of time and slows the system down.

With the recent update as well the phone if faster at loading than before and I'm looking forward to the next update later in the year.

The best bit about the update is the backup and restore, one the update has finished the phone is back exactly as you left it with all your apps, games and messages etc all where they should be, no more having to reinstall this or that it does it all for you.

Back to devices if you liked the Dell there is the Dell Venue Pro with it's Gorilla Glass (one thing the HD7 does not have but other devices do)

As far as I'm concerned WP7 is a pleasure to use.

Guest OmegaStalker
Shortage of apps? well there are well over 13k and growing, growing at a faster rate than any other platform as well.

If you like a large screen then the HD7 is one of the best WP7 devices plus they have just released the HD7S but I do not know the availability of it but it has a better screen. Saying that though I've never had any real problems with my HD7 and I can say it's the best device I've ever owned.

The OS is smooth, reliable and while first impressins you may think it looks basic, it's not, it's more to the fact that it works in such an easy way you find the "trying to be pretty" eye candy was just a waste of time and slows the system down.

With the recent update as well the phone if faster at loading than before and I'm looking forward to the next update later in the year.

The best bit about the update is the backup and restore, one the update has finished the phone is back exactly as you left it with all your apps, games and messages etc all where they should be, no more having to reinstall this or that it does it all for you.

Back to devices if you liked the Dell there is the Dell Venue Pro with it's Gorilla Glass (one thing the HD7 does not have but other devices do)

As far as I'm concerned WP7 is a pleasure to use.

Thanks that really helped alot

Now i remember hearing that WM7 doesnt have flash on their browser is this true?

• 2 months later...
Guest Collins521

Also depending on how you use things it may hinder you, I'm dabling in Windows Phone 7 on my HD2 and have found out that you can't sync multiple calendars from Google. You have to use the main calendar...it seems like the new Mango update may have this for Live and Hotmail but it doesn't appear it will be that way for Google.

Since I've used Android for so long I've grown use to the Google calendar and share my calendar with my wife but I can't use WP7 as my daily driver since I can't get my calendar. The apps are growing it appears but there are some limitations out there compared to Android that you may be used it or enjoy. I would suggest that you play with a WP7 somewhere and see what it has