How can i hack/modify a baked ROM?

Guest Meychi

Guest Meychi

I have been using only custom kitchen ROM's but i've been wondering how could i hack/modify the baked ROM's? Can i just mod the files in the zip or do i need to do something else like build or sign it? My idea was to make small mods to the custom baked ROM or should i rather create a separate update zip? How one would do that? I tried googling this but it seems that the process varies on different phones (locked vs unlocked) and i am trying to avoid messing things up. :)

Edited by Meychi

Guest djmcnz
I have been using only custom kitchen ROM's but i've been wondering how could i hack/modify the baked ROM's? Can i just mod the files in the zip or do i need to do something else like build or sign it? My idea was to make small mods to the custom baked ROM or should i rather create a separate update zip? How one would do that? I tried googling this but it seems that the process varies on different phones (locked vs unlocked) and i am trying to avoid messing things up. :)

Because the zip is unsigned you can add/remove stuff as long as you use the existing directory structure.

Guest Meychi

Haha, thanks. :) Having "clockworkmod" also in that search provides a whole lot different results. I need to learn how to use google again... :)