what video formats work on the transformer?

Guest olionair

Guest my_big_feet
I've found all the h.264 videos I've tried, even SD DVD rips are very jerky and have poor sync. 1080p ones don't seem to work at all.

I encoded a 1080p Portal 2 trailer into an MP4 using MPEG4 compression at 2200kbps with AAC audio and it played perfectly.

It really depends on the settings used to encode the videos you tried. Some may have been using esoteric settings (like B-Frames, h264 high profile, or high bitrates) that don't play nicely with Honeycomb.

Guest keef319
I encoded a 1080p Portal 2 trailer into an MP4 using MPEG4 compression at 2200kbps with AAC audio and it played perfectly.

It really depends on the settings used to encode the videos you tried. Some may have been using esoteric settings (like B-Frames, h264 high profile, or high bitrates) that don't play nicely with Honeycomb.

I'll try this. What program are you using to convert?

Guest Uxian

I took a 1080p h.264 blu ray rip from ADVERTISING SPAM that wouldn't play and re-encoded with ImToo video converter's Apple TV HD preset at 1280x720 and that worked very well. A few frames dropped here and there but not enough to detract and no noticeable sync problems. Not looking forwards to re-encoding my entire video collection though.

Edited by Uxian