Update : ZTE IMEI flash tool for "IMEI ALL 0" machine

Guest burstlam

• 2 months later...

i have followed all the steps above but having problems with the command part

RequestNVItemWrite meid 0xA00000XXXXXXXX that X should be the MEID

from the menu it will bring up the terminal with a success message.

I have tried all ways to put my imei number in and it doesent say success could someone please tell me what to type after

RequestNVItemWrite meid

as i dont know what X it means to take away and put y imei number

thanks for any help i can get

• 3 months later...
Guest ebooyens

thanks a lot... i got my imei back.... yupiiiiiiii :D :D ;) :D :mellow: :o :D

Hi all, I'm a complete novice but just wondered if you could run me through the process of changing the IMEI please, I tried getting a custom ROM on my Galaxy Gio and somehow ended up with an all 0 IMEI so no mobile signal...

At first glance I thought downloading this ZTE tool would just do it, but how do I get the phone connected to it? Should it be in download mode and how do I know which COM port to use?

Sorry but if you could just elaborate which process worked please, I'm finding it very frustrating reading through all these and other forum posts but missing a few key (I'm sure very basic) steps so I can get this sorted! Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Guest ebooyens

I'm no expert (in fact the opposite) but I'm pretty sure ZTE tool won't work on a Samsung phone?

I didn't even realise ZTE is a phone brand... doh! So yeah you'd be right. Anyone have any suggestion for a Samsung phone?

Thanks!

Edited by ebooyens

• 6 months later...