* If we all ask are questions or need help here. it will keep the thread clean

* you will get help faster

thanks

Guest pandra

Iv Made This Thread For Eveyone That Has A question Or Needs Help

* If we all ask are questions or need help here. it will keep the thread clean

* you will get help faster

thanks

I'm quite sure the answer I need could be buried in that other thread, but its too long, not formatted in a way that a human can easily read it (closing the quoted sections would be a start and might help to separate each question from the next), and I just found it really hard to wade through.

So here is my question (or rather...questions)

1) Almost all references to recovery, booting, flashing, etc require the use of a PC. I use a Mac, and I don't want to use a PC if it can be avoided. This leads to my next question.

2) Given that I can't use any of the existing pc programs to get stuff onto the SD card, is there some reason I cant just dump everything on the SD card and run it from there? This leads to my next question..

3) If this is possible, what apps/roms/recovery apps do I need to dump on the card, and what order do I need to "do things" in, and by what method (sorry, three in one...) I have NO idea how to flash anything from the card itself without the intervention of the recovery program.

I became quite used to using ROM Manager on the Desire, so the Racer is defeating me, as there does not seem to be a similar app for the racer. I use z4root for a temp root.

I'd really appreciate any and all assistance.

Edited by rickywyatt

Guest rickywyatt

youll need terminal put recovery.img on sdcard

then go to it and type this

su

flash_image recovery sdcard/recovery.img

hope this helps

ill sort out the other thread later

Guest pandra
youll need terminal put recovery.img on sdcard

then go to it and type this

su

hope this helps

ill sort out the other thread later

Thanks for your response :)

OK, thats something, good to know the commands, but I'm not sure what "recovery.img" actually contains. I tried putting recovery manager on the card which was easy enough. However I got an error saying that the file couldnt be parsed when I tried to install it. Recovery manager is a zip, do you just change the extension to .apk? The file manager I use (File Expert) understood that there was an .apk and seemed to try to use that... but failed. I was going to use one of those "mooncake" updates as well but obviously got stopped in my tracks.

Edited by pandra

Guest rickywyatt

go here and download recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-mooncake-gen1.img rename it to recovery.img and put it on your sdcard then with terminal type

su

one you have done that make a backup of your default rom then go here

and pick a rom you like download it and the reboot into recovery and flash the new rom

Guest tanner9

Just a couple of questions from this noob:

1 Under notifications it always says 'SD card mounted (SD card already mounted!)' - Why do I always get this message? Even when I haven't plugged in the USB?

2 Is it possible to get rid of the 3 (Three UK) bloatware on my device? If so how?

Thanks in advance

Tanner

Guest rickywyatt
Just a couple of questions from this noob:

1 Under notifications it always says 'SD card mounted (SD card already mounted!)' - Why do I always get this message? Even when I haven't plugged in the USB?

2 Is it possible to get rid of the 3 (Three UK) bloatware on my device? If so how?

Thanks in advance

Tanner

(1) if you flash a froyo rom or a 2.3 rom it will remove the SD card already mounted

(2) go here

Guest redeyez

Hi folks.

I've recently purchased a ZTE racer of ebay and the person who sold it has left a (very, very funny) video of his kid on it, I've contacted him and he needs this as it wasn't backed up. Problem is I haven't a clue how to send it, the mobile is on 3 and the video is in a video folder that doesn't seem to be on SD card. The video player gives no sending options and long hold on file name does nowt. Please can anyone help?

thanks

Sorry admins thought I'd posted this in the Help section, please move/

Edited by redeyez

Guest rickywyatt
Hi folks.

I've recently purchased a ZTE racer of ebay and the person who sold it has left a (very, very funny) video of his kid on it, I've contacted him and he needs this as it wasn't backed up. Problem is I haven't a clue how to send it, the mobile is on 3 and the video is in a video folder that doesn't seem to be on SD card. The video player gives no sending options and long hold on file name does nowt. Please can anyone help?

thanks

Sorry admins thought I'd posted this in the Help section, please move/

do you have root exloprer installed ? if you do browse to /data/local then copy to sdcard connect to pc and then send it to the mans email

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xavia

Hey guys!

I was wonderng if any of you had a link to USB drivers of ZTE Racer.

Are them the same as the ones for ZTE Blade? I'm a bit confused :unsure:

ty,

xavia.

Guest AlexG1990

Hey Everyone

I currently have a ZTE RACER TELSTRA AUSTRALIA Model: T3020

I have previously updated from stock rom to V2.3

last night using Clockworks Recovery Menu (hold Vol - and power) i updated to ECLR_P726CUV1.0.0B10-update_signed.zip

my phone now gets to chineise boot logo and is stuck in loop

will not enter bootloader (vol+ and power)

now will it enter recovery only FTM mode

i have tried using ftm in device manager it comes up with DFU mode

and in boot logo loop it says Composite ABD Interface, it will not allow flashing in either mode

can someone help me out i think i have succsefully bricked my phone..

Thanks all

Edit1:

sorry i have tried using rickywyatt ABD.exe and fastboot and it says on both waiting for device

i also tried a dfu tool v880_conversion_recovery.zip and this finds phone but will not update or change my recovery.img on phone.

Guest rickywyatt
Hey guys!

I was wonderng if any of you had a link to USB drivers of ZTE Racer.

Are them the same as the ones for ZTE Blade? I'm a bit confused :unsure:

ty,

xavia.

yes you can use the blades usb drivers

Guest rickywyatt
Hey Everyone

I currently have a ZTE RACER TELSTRA AUSTRALIA Model: T3020

I have previously updated from stock rom to V2.3

last night using Clockworks Recovery Menu (hold Vol - and power) i updated to ECLR_P726CUV1.0.0B10-update_signed.zip

my phone now gets to chineise boot logo and is stuck in loop

will not enter bootloader (vol+ and power)

now will it enter recovery only FTM mode

i have tried using ftm in device manager it comes up with DFU mode

and in boot logo loop it says Composite ABD Interface, it will not allow flashing in either mode

can someone help me out i think i have succsefully bricked my phone..

Thanks all

Edit1:

sorry i have tried using rickywyatt ABD.exe and fastboot and it says on both waiting for device

i also tried a dfu tool v880_conversion_recovery.zip and this finds phone but will not update or change my recovery.img on phone.

have you got the right drives ?

Guest maniaco84
have you got the right drives ?

hi all, thanks for great work for this terminal :unsure: but i want know if possible increase the sensitivity of touch screen! is possible? many thanks sorry for bad english :)

Guest AlexG1990

hey guys i still need help, i have double checked i have right drivers installed, i have gotten to a bootloader it comes up in windows but phone screen is not on. in device manager phone is sooner single adb interface, i am trying to flash original telstra rom but i need to know how to make a system.img or were to get one, and i need a tpt image be it chinese or whatever

Hi Ricky,

I'm from india.... i have dell xcd28 which is the debranded version of zte racer released in india by dell.... I'm in this forum from quite awhile & tried so many racer roms by you & rexchun... i Greatly admire your work.... Just was wondering that weather my dell xcd28 rom dump will be of any use to you guys??? If so i will be happy to help by uploading my romdump file to you to make a dell xcd28 rom... I dont know weather its going to help or not... but was just curious... its android 2.1 update1 only... just let me know.... :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest caloski

Guys I need help. This morning the touch screen on the racer decided to stop responding! Everything was fine the previous evening. Even the alarm clock rang in the morning. I remember turning it off and continuing with my morning routine. Half an hour later I received a phone call. When I wanted to hang up on the touch screen I couldn't. Then I noticed that the touch screen was not responding. First it seemed that its calibration had gone south but later there was no response. I don't think its a broken screen, I think if it can be reset somehow everything will be fine. Feel free to share some ideas. Thanks ahead

Guest caloski
do you a a p.c with adb shell if you do just reply and ill post a pc adb reset app for you

I didn't understood your question. what is a a p.c.? feel free to post it, I 'll try anything that may help

Edited by caloski

Guest caloski
i mean do you have a computer if you do have you got adb installed

just installed adb. what's the app and what do I do with it?