CM7 universal converter

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hey Guys,

First of all, big thanks to everyone around here for their help, and esp the Devs for giving us such choices and freedom!!

Thanks for also creating this patch to make the latest CM7s work on Gen1 still, I for one cant see me going over to Gen2 anytime soon as it offers me nothing, and I prefer more choice.

I get what the patch does to allow the Gen2 rom to work on Gen1 devices, by replacing the kernel and I understand I have to do this each nightly build. However what patch/kernel is it replacing??

ie: If CM7 Devs alter/change the built in kernel in their firmware, we install it, and then patch it with the Universal Patcher, could we end up using an outdated kernel and not seeing the latest benifits.... if ya get me??

Many thanks, Lister

Guest karololszak

Anyone tried it with N54?

Do I understand correctly - it doesn't change your phone to GEN2, but replaces the kernel with the kalt_kaffe ones? So any fixes made to the CM kernel won't be fixed in the mixed CM-this_kernel version?

And so, even if it won't work with current nightly, I will be able to flash the CM "stable" back, right?

Guest sm4tik
So we will miss the daily updated CM7 kernels with this method, correct?

If you look at the changelog, you'll find the kernel not being updated that often (last change in the official kernel was committed april 9th).. but yes, the changes won't be around until KK compiles a new kernel for you.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Grain
If you look at the changelog, you'll find the kernel not being updated that often (last change in the official kernel was committed april 9th).

That's right. Still, of course there is a new CM kernel available just now. :) This apparently is a try at fixing Issue 3463.

Guest targetbsp
what difference does latest kernal make? Does it just improve speed?

From the changelog:

"Blade: Update kernel to fix reboots while charging."

Though having said that - it's apparently not fixed anyway... :)

Guest naki13

hello i have big problem and i need help i upgrade my zte blade from gen1 to gen2 on windows and now i can instal cyanogenmod 7.0 roms i have tried many roms like nigthly 42,50,54,51 actualy the phone dont reboot on the recovery mod i used rom manager just stay in green android icon.

sorry for my english

Guest Simon O

Do not use this converter for 7.0.2 until the kernel has been updated. Yes it will appear to work but you will not have the recent fixes with charging and gps.

Just wait or upgrade to Gen2.

Guest hecatae
Do not use this converter for 7.0.2 until the kernel has been updated. Yes it will appear to work but you will not have the recent fixes with charging and gps.

still surprised how many have not used wbaw's gen1 to gen2 tpt method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

completely safe, and you keep imei, and can revert to gen1 if needed. Also has the advantage of being able to use cm7 without needing a converter

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Sm4tik/Grain,

Thanks guys, cheers for confirming what I thought/imagined.... although as ya say, there is no major Kernel improvements as of yet, none for me anyway.... its worth while noting that you wont get these if using an old Converter... summit I would imagine other users may not be aware of... so yeah, thanks for clarifying that...

Cheers, Lister

Guest TRKOSTAS
still surprised how many have not used wbaw's gen1 to gen2 tpt method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

completely safe, and you keep imei, and can revert to gen1 if needed. Also has the advantage of being able to use cm7 without needing a converter

Well i am not, because i dont have a single issue of those described here by GEN2 users long time ago.

by the way an updated KK converter would be much appriciated! :)

Guest hybriduc2

( GEN1 TFT ) well went from jellyfish RLS9 to 7.0.2 + gapps and

only just read this post ,

using alt abh kernel , co pilot seems ok not sure about charging .

ty kallt_kaffe your custom ROMS on blade and pulse mini and the

" how to " instructions have always been good .

There seems to be an overnight " get on the GEN2 band wagon " .

Edited by hybriduc2