[Update] Save ur Bricked V880 and also the IMEI

Guest burstlam

Guest Mahendra Soni
did u try out CM instead of SS RLS5?

Yes I tried cm_blade_full-41.zip and installation is also going smooth but as I reboot the system, it goes into recovery only. I was having the same problem after upgrading to gen2 in morning before i messed up by formatting all things.

How to get my blade out of going into recovery mode?

Guest burstlam
Yes I tried cm_blade_full-41.zip and installation is also going smooth but as I reboot the system, it goes into recovery only. I was having the same problem after upgrading to gen2 in morning before i messed up by formatting all things.

How to get my blade out of going into recovery mode?

um... strange.. how about recovery? try ar mon recovery or cwm 3.0.2.4?

Guest Mahendra Soni
um... strange.. how about recovery? try ar mon recovery or cwm 3.0.2.4?

Where can I get AR MON Recovery and how to install it?

Thank you so much for you help ... you are really saving my life :)

Edit: I have installed recovery-RA-blade-v2.3-gen2-update_signed.zip and then flashed with CM N41 and SS RLS5. Flashing goes always fine but as I reboot system, it again get into recovery mode. I can't make it boot normally :)

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest leromarinvit

Did you try flashing the stock recovery and using the normal Gen2 update? I had a similar situation where my phone would always boot into FTM, and the Gen2 update worked.

If it doesn't work, it can't mess up too much - you can always boot into DFU and use burstlam's tool.

Guest Mahendra Soni
Did you try flashing the stock recovery and using the normal Gen2 update? I had a similar situation where my phone would always boot into FTM, and the Gen2 update worked.

If it doesn't work, it can't mess up too much - you can always boot into DFU and use burstlam's tool.

Yes using burstlam's tool, I installed Stock Recovery and then used normal Gen2 update. But still, even after successful flashing CM N41 or SS RLS5, my Blade again goes into recovery mode. I can't get rid of this problem at all.

Can I flash CM N41 using burstlam's tool in DFU mode?

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest burstlam
Yes using burstlam's tool, I installed Stock Recovery and then used normal Gen2 update. But still, even after successful flashing CM N41 or SS RLS5, my Blade again goes into recovery mode. I can't get rid of this problem at all.

Can I flash CM N41 using burstlam's tool in DFU mode?

no, it won't .

Guest dibbles

@Mahendra Soni - did you read about my convoluted way of resolving my situation you are back to in that other thread you initially posted your problem in..? For me I'm back to a working phone with the correct IMEI number...

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/336...-only/page/300/

I'm not suggesting that what I did was the best way to resolve it but going back to GEN 1 and then doing what I did to get back to a fully working GEN 2 phone worked for me.

Guest Mahendra Soni
@Mahendra Soni - did you read about my convoluted way of resolving my situation you are back to in that other thread you initially posted your problem in..? For me I'm back to a working phone with the correct IMEI number...

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/336...-only/page/300/

I'm not suggesting that what I did was the best way to resolve it but going back to GEN 1 and then doing what I did to get back to a fully working GEN 2 phone worked for me.

Hi Dibbles,

Yes, I have gone through your posts and I just downgraded my mobile from gen2 to gen1 successfully as u wrote in your post. And now I am also able to use it as its now rebooting normally as it should. But, I have also lost my IMEI number and unfortunately I didn't save Chanel1.nvm file. This time I am running CM 7 Stable (gen1). In this situation can I fix my IMEI issue? Please suggest me.

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest burstlam
Hi Dibbles,

Yes, I have gone through your posts and I just downgraded my mobile from gen2 to gen1 successfully as u wrote in your post. And now I am also able to use it as its now rebooting normally as it should. But, I have also lost my IMEI number and unfortunately I didn't save Chanel1.nvm file. This time I am running CM 7 Stable (gen1). In this situation can I fix my IMEI issue? Please suggest me.

I have update my post on the 1st page , providing the method to restore ur imei

Guest x.balli.x

sucha hero, i messed up my imei by gen 2 to gen1 conversion but this tool helped me....one more thing when i restored the channel1.nvm it said restore failed but after a bootup in cm7 n42 its actually correct imei..... .also just to double check after the restore i did a back up again and hex values were correct...so don't knw why it gave that errorr

Guest dibbles
Hi Dibbles,

I am hoping that the reply from burstlam will help you.

When you tried the GEN 1 to GEN 2 change it will have created the channel1.nvm file within the folder where you ran the conversion from or a sub folder of Windows called "sysdy"

Best of luck and keep us posted

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Ok, just for add one note.

For people who have upgraded to GEN2 and have "CORRECT IMEI" on GEN2 (by channel1.nvm trick for example), this program can help you to restore correct IMEI.

Thanks so much burstlam, my phone is back to GEN1 with correct IMEI. :)

Thanks to leromarinvit who guide me with nices advices.

Guest dibbles

@burstlam

I am on a GEN 2 phone after using the Windows flasher to go from GEN 1. I also have a saved channel1.nvm file with my correct IMEI number.

Could I use these tools to downgrade back to GEN 1 and use the channel1.nvm file to keep my IMEI....?

Edited by dibbles

Guest Mahendra Soni
What I did (out of desperation)

Is to go back to Gen 1. Using this method...

Then I went back to Gen 2 using gen2_136mb_system_no_oem_15mb_cache and not only did it then work perfectly as soon as I then installed SS RLS4b it then booted perfectly normally. But with the changed IMEI number.

This only started as I was lead to believe that if I ran the Gen2 converter again it would back up my channel1.nvm file (which I failed to do the first time). It did and I have now got that. BUT tha tis where this issue started. It did not seem to like going from a GEN 2 to a GEN 2 without getting stuck in that CWM boot loop.

Installing any ROM - n41 or SSRLS4b or using the n41 and the Universal Converter simply would not work.

So even though I now have a fully functioning phone I have the wrong IMEI number but a valid channel1.nvm file but I do not know how to get that number back to what is under the battery compartment.

Thanks for any help

It worked like a treat :huh: Now I have my original IMEI number in my Blade.

As after upgrading from Gen1 to Gen2 using normal windows downloader, I was not able to take my blade out of recovery even after flashing it with CM N41 or SS RLS5 or any Gen2 ROM. Then I tried dibbles's trick to downgrade it from Gen2 to Gen1 so that i can make my Blade working. I did the following:-

1. Installed Stock Recovery so that I can get FTM mode

2. I simply extract Gen1 Standard Partition Size (image_original.zip) and replace the files in "to_gen2_xxxmb_system/files" directory

3. Run "download_nochecksGen2.exe"

4. Wait for reboot into ClockWorkRecovery

5. Installed a Gen1 Rom (CM7 Stable and SS RLS5 worked for me)

6. After rebooting my was running normally

And now once again I have a Gen1 Blade with two problems: (1) I don't have a Green Man android logo while rebooting. I have only a black screen with a thin, white horizontal line at the bottom.

(2) I lost original IMEI no.

Now from here I took your downloader's help.

(1) I replaced CWM recovery with Stock Recovery to have my blade into FTM mode.

(2) Took NV Backup and got Chanel1.nvm file

(3) Used Hex Edit to edit this .nvm file to enter my correct IMEI number as suggested.

(4) Used this .nvm file and did a NV Restore

(5) After rebooting I am having Gen1 Blade with Original IMEI

Thanks a ton to burstlam ... ur downloader works great gun. My thanks a ton to dibble also for helping me so much. :)

At this point of time, i have only one error which is missing of Green Man's Android logo while rebooting. Any suggestions please???

Update: My problem solved. I used burstlam's downloader again select Download option. I used "Orange_GEN1_136mb_sysem_no_oem_15mb_cache" partition layout which has a "Splash.img" also (it was missing in image_original.zip) and put my saved Chanel1.nvm file and hit Start All. There after I just installed CM7 Stable and now I have my original IMEI with Green Man's android logo and working Gen1 Blade again after messing up with gen1 to gen2 upgrading.

Thanks a ton again to burstlam for your Downloader.exe because of which I got my mobile working once again :( :)

Edited by Mahendra Soni

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Ok, I will try to explain, maybe I'm not the good man for do that.

Here's the plan:

!!!!ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADED TO GEN2 WITH THIS GUIDE and have correct IMEI but after downgrade to GEN1 with THIS GUIDE have a fake IMEI (000039.....) even with the channel1.nvm trick method.!!!!

-On your phone upgraded to GEN2, install stock-recovery (credits to hecatae) Flash this with cwm. Warning, you won't be able to boot on cwm but you have stock recovery, FTM mode....

-Then reboot your phone and hold "Volume -" in the same time. Your phone show FTM now.

-download the two files here. (thanks to you burstlam)

-Follow instructions on this page but DO NOT DO ALL THINGS AFTER POINT 5 !!!!!!

-Simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/unlock info" and "nv backup" option

-If you have the program configured as say in the instructions you can press "START ALL" button

-It will backup your NV data, it will take 1 minute or little more.

-When "PASS" appears in Green in the top-right corner, it's finish.

Now, you must downgrade your phone to GEN1. You should know how to do that now. I will not tell how to do cause there's two or more solutions I think, with maybe differents partitions layouts... You must have a wrong IMEI, wich begin with 000039.... with your GEN1 phone anyway.

Now you are on GEN1, flash again the stock recovery we have download before.

Boot on FTM mode with ''Volume -''. Run again the burstlam program just like before (as ADMINISTRATOR), and this time simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info" and "nv restore" option.(RESTORE not BACKUP :))

Press "START ALL" button again and this time it will restore your NV data. When "PASS" appears again in top right corner, exit the program, reboot your phone and tada ! Your IMEI is back. After that simply install cwm again or what you want. And do not play anymore with GEN2 upgrade Windows flasher. :(

Hope this help, if I say bullsh*t please tell to me. I'm not responsable if you kill your phone, it's simply what I have do and this work for me.

Thanks again to burstlam and leromarinvit.

EDIT: oops sorry Mahendra Soni, post in same time. :huh:

You have to replace splash or something like that. I use the files folder of THIS for the GEN2>GEN1 downgrade and it contain the green man android. :) Search in theme tutorial you will be able to replace the splash screen easily I think.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest dibbles
At this point of time, i have only one error which is missing of Green Man's Android logo while rebooting. Any suggestions please???

Glad that you have a working phone now :)

For me events overtook this threads development. As I too had a very thin white line on the bottom of my screen when booting the phone, after the GEN 1 downgrade, I wondered about that but then after seeing that I had the wrong IMEI that became a priority for me to resolve.

I just flashed to GEN 2 again and used the channel1.nvm trick at around 10% to "inject" the IMEI. For me it worked by not only giving me the correct IMEI but also it restored the "green Man" logo.

This is the guide that I used...

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n/#entry1677809

and then I had to root the phone. Then install CWM. Then install a ROM of my choice and it all worked a treat.

I'm not suggesting that is what you need to do but I'm just explaining what I did last night in an effort to get my IMEI back.

Guest hecatae
Ok, I will try to explain, maybe I'm not the good man for do that.

Here's the plan:

!!!!ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPGRADED TO GEN2 WITH THIS GUIDE and have correct IMEI but after downgrade to GEN1 with THIS GUIDE have a fake IMEI (000039.....) even with the channel1.nvm trick method.!!!!

-On your phone upgraded to GEN2, install stock-recovery (credits to hecatae) Flash this with cwm. Warning, you won't be able to boot on cwm but you have stock recovery, FTM mode....

-Then reboot your phone and hold "Volume -" in the same time. Your phone show FTM now.

-download the two files here. (thanks to you burstlam)

-Follow instructions on this page but DO NOT DO ALL THINGS AFTER POINT 5!!

-Simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info" and "nv backup" option

-If you have the program configured as say in the instructions you can press "START ALL" button

-It will backup your NV data, it will take 1 minute or little more.

-When "PASS" appears in Green in the top-right corner, it's finish.

Now, you must downgrade your phone to GEN1. I should know how to do that now. I will not tell how to do cause there's two or more solutions I think, with maybe differents partitions layouts... You must have a wrong IMEI, wich begin with 000039....

Now you are on GEN1, flash again the stock recovery we have download before.

Boot on FTM mode with ''Volume -''. Run again the burstlam program, and this time simply tick "RF/BT/IMEI/ulock info" and "nv restore" option.

This time it will restore your NV data. When "PASS" appears again in top right corner, exit the program, reboot your phone and tada ! Your IMEI is back. After that simply install cwm again or what you want.

Hope this help, if I say bullsh*t please tell to me. I'm not responsable if you kill your phone, it's simply what I have do and this work for me.

Thanks again to burstlam and leromarinvit.

EDIT: oops sorry Mahendra Soni, post in same time. :)

You have to replace splash or something like that. I use the files folder of THIS for the GEN2>GEN1 downgrade and it contain the green man android. :) Search in theme tutorial you will be able to replace the splash screen easily I think.

thank you, the above needs to be stickied.

Guest dibbles

@CaptainSpectacular - thanks ever so much for your guide.

I am now at two minds whether to go for a downgrade to a GEN 1 phone or just leave it as it is. After everything that happened yesterday I'm just happy to have a working phone at the moment. :)

But temptation to go back to a GEN 1 device is very strong.

Thanks again :)

Guest CaptainSpectacular
@CaptainSpectacular - thanks ever so much for your guide.

I am now at two minds whether to go for a downgrade to a GEN 1 phone or just leave it as it is. After everything that happened yesterday I'm just happy to have a working phone at the moment. :)

But temptation to go back to a GEN 1 device is very strong.

Thanks again :)

You're welcome, maybe someone else will rewrite this more clearly.^^

To be honnest, don't do that if your phone works. If you are aware of the "littles risks" like waranty or others things then keep your phone like that. If you're too afraid and want absolutly your phone back to GEN1 so be careful and it'll be ok, as you have do all that many times now I suppose. :huh:

Good luck. :(

Guest dibbles
You're welcome, maybe someone else will rewrite this more clearly.^^

To be honnest, don't do that if your phone works. If you are aware of the "littles risks" like waranty or others things then keep your phone like that. If you're too afraid and want absolutly your phone back to GEN1 so be careful and it'll be ok, as you have do all that many times now I suppose. :)

Good luck. :)

You make a valid point.

I was very dubious in going to GEN 2 in the first place but did so on the premise that would allow me to use the CM7's future developments with their kernel etc. One of the benefits was supposed to be a better signal but for me my phone seemed better when it was GEN 1, in that respect.

At least we now know there is a chance to go back to GEN 1.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your guide.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
One of the benefits was supposed to be a better signal but for me my phone seemed better when it was GEN 1, in that respect.

Yes, that's what I think too, but can't tell there's very big difference now... My GEN1 signal isn't so good (but the weather is really really bad today...). I'll report soon to see if we are really lost or win something. (I think it's country dependent too...)

:)

Guest css771

Thanks for the guides. Worked perfectly. It's good to have fastboot and TPT back. Now to use wbaw's TPT to go to gen2 once again. :)

I'm all for the guide part being stickied.

Edited by css771

Guest dibbles
Thanks for the guides. Worked perfectly. It's good to have fastboot and TPT back. Now to use wbaw's TPT to go to gen2 once again. :)

I'm all for the guide part being stickied.

When you go to GEN 2 using that method will you not then lose the fastboot option as it will then be a GEN 2 phone..?