[Update] Save ur Bricked V880 and also the IMEI

Guest burstlam

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hi, my friend got bricked blade(china v880), so please tell me which ROM to use to restore it with this tool?

The chinese one. But try everything here first - then you may avoid a host of other problems

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rahulj85

hi,

i tried upgrading my zte racer from gen1 to gen2 using the TPT method and it ended in messing up my phone bad. the wont boot up and there is no display. the only thing thats shows some sign of life is that the led blinks 2 seconds and the phone vibrates mildly.

after lot of searching i stumbled upon this thread. i could make out that my phone is only detectable under ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU). keeping that in mind i followed the steps given in the start of the thread. i think i followed the procedure correctly because in the end the status showed 'Pass' in the flasher, but after unplugging the cable, the symptoms are the same. there is no display and the phone wont boot into recovery. is it the fact that this method is for v880 and not for racer and which is why its not working?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

hi,

i tried upgrading my zte racer from gen1 to gen2 using the TPT method and it ended in messing up my phone bad. the wont boot up and there is no display. the only thing thats shows some sign of life is that the led blinks 2 seconds and the phone vibrates mildly.

after lot of searching i stumbled upon this thread. i could make out that my phone is only detectable under ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU). keeping that in mind i followed the steps given in the start of the thread. i think i followed the procedure correctly because in the end the status showed 'Pass' in the flasher, but after unplugging the cable, the symptoms are the same. there is no display and the phone wont boot into recovery. is it the fact that this method is for v880 and not for racer and which is why its not working?

Oh jesus. good luck fixing it now. you'll need to flash actual ZTE racer firmware with this flasher, and then fix up your IMEI. I don't know where you can find it, but yes, this thread is for he blade not the racer.

Guest Rahulj85

Oh jesus. good luck fixing it now. you'll need to flash actual ZTE racer firmware with this flasher, and then fix up your IMEI. I don't know where you can find it, but yes, this thread is for he blade not the racer.

thanks for the response..oh man, i really messed this up..:-(...i am trying to identify the actual make of zte racer because the phone is really a dell xcd28 here in india..do you know which firmware will be applicable?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

thanks for the response..oh man, i really messed this up..:-(...i am trying to identify the actual make of zte racer because the phone is really a dell xcd28 here in india..do you know which firmware will be applicable?

Probably any designed for a ZTE racer, if thats waht it is.

Guest Rahulj85

Probably any designed for a ZTE racer, if thats waht it is.

yeah itsa zte racer for sure..i am certain i wont do a goof up to that extent..any links? any help will do, my phone is semi-bricked with only dfu and fastboot running..its been like this for past 48 hours and iam going bananas..:-(

Guest Rahulj85

I don't have any links, try asking in azte racer forum.

thanks, but there isnt much on that thread..i have found a couple of zte racer firmwares, but they are roms. how can i use them using the flasher in dfu? i have tried flashing using fastboot, but despite of flashing being successful, there is no display on the phone and only the red led blinking every 2 secs..its like its going in bootloop..is the bootloader corrupt? how can i repair it?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

no, you need to find TPT files for the racer (partition.mbn etc). there were some that originally came with the program in the OP of this thread, but they got taken down. try asking burstlam or rickywyatt (mod in the racer forum)

Guest Rahulj85

no, you need to find TPT files for the racer (partition.mbn etc). there were some that originally came with the program in the OP of this thread, but they got taken down. try asking burstlam or rickywyatt (mod in the racer forum)

thanks for pointing me to the right direction..i looked it up and stumbled upon this link http://android.modaco.com/topic/340002-zte-racer-tpt/page__gopid__1772380#entry1772380

the tpt files are there in a chinese firmware, but the link seems to be dead..i have replied on that thread..lets see if i get a response..

meanwhile, i request burstlam and rickywyatt to help me out..:-(

Guest burstlam

thanks for pointing me to the right direction..i looked it up and stumbled upon this link http://android.modac...80#entry1772380

the tpt files are there in a chinese firmware, but the link seems to be dead..i have replied on that thread..lets see if i get a response..

meanwhile, i request burstlam and rickywyatt to help me out..:-(

Here the firmware package for Racer uploaded

http://www.multiupload.com/OW4QYJ4QOC

Edited by burstlam

Guest Rahulj85

Here the firmware package for Racer uploaded

http://www.multiupload.com/OW4QYJ4QOC

I was able to access the link provided in the thread link i shared earlier. I used your flasher to flash the firmware and then restore my backup(containting CWM recovery ) via fastboot. After that i flashed b08 rom and now my phone is up and running..only problem i am facing is that i am not able to restore my imei and which is why my phone is not getting registered on the operator's network.

I had flashed a stock rom before installing my CWM backup to restore the IMEI in FTM mode, but repeatedy got a failure during NV restore. Has it something to do with the stock rom I used? It was a UK ECLAIR stock rom.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I was able to access the link provided in the thread link i shared earlier. I used your flasher to flash the firmware and then restore my backup(containting CWM recovery ) via fastboot. After that i flashed b08 rom and now my phone is up and running..only problem i am facing is that i am not able to restore my imei and which is why my phone is not getting registered on the operator's network.

I had flashed a stock rom before installing my CWM backup to restore the IMEI in FTM mode, but repeatedy got a failure during NV restore. Has it something to do with the stock rom I used? It was a UK ECLAIR stock rom.

If you are restoring it by editing the channel1.nvm here then its probably failing because its designed for the blade. You might need to get someone with a functioning racer to back up their NV memory and let you have the file to put your IMEI in it.

Guest Rahulj85

If you are restoring it by editing the channel1.nvm here then its probably failing because its designed for the blade. You might need to get someone with a functioning racer to back up their NV memory and let you have the file to put your IMEI in it.

oh ok..thanks again for quick response..i will try to get my hands on the zte racer channel1.nvm...

YOU GUYS ROCK!..Thank you so much for helping me restore my phone.

Guest Rahulj85

My phone is fixed. Maybe this might help others, but what I did was that I took a nv backup, made imei changes in it and restored it back. VOILA..everything is up and running..now i am back to searching a stable rom that i started with in the first place a week back..:-)

Guest Rahulj85

does anyone knows how to change the splash screen in zte racer? i dont like the 'w' logo that is displayed the moment the phone boots up. i have looked around on the web, but havent been successful.

Guest burstlam

does anyone knows how to change the splash screen in zte racer? i dont like the 'w' logo that is displayed the moment the phone boots up. i have looked around on the web, but havent been successful.

it is the "splash.img" in the firmware package

• 2 months later...

Hi

This is a useful guide and I've managed to get to the point where my phone is recognised and in download mode. But when I try to download the software to it I always get to about step 8 of 100 and then it says 'skip to armprg fail!' . What does this mean and why will the software not download to the phone?

This is the only way I have of getting my Blade running again so would be really grateful for suggestions.

Thanks

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hi

This is a useful guide and I've managed to get to the point where my phone is recognised and in download mode. But when I try to download the software to it I always get to about step 8 of 100 and then it says 'skip to armprg fail!' . What does this mean and why will the software not download to the phone?

This is the only way I have of getting my Blade running again so would be really grateful for suggestions.

Thanks

try reinstalling the latest drivers - that probably means it can't get the phone to load the temporary bootloader (armprg). Have a look here aswell. Make sure you have unzipped all the files properly.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

If you select backup NV, you can backup a list of items in the NV memory (not the entire cefs file, but the important parts). Restore NV will restore it, and download will download firmware. download cefs controls whether or not cefs is overwritten.

• 5 weeks later...

i tried this method, everythih went fine but know the wont boot, the secreen shows nothing, the led blinks red and shutdown. Please help

Charge the battery for about an hour.