Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest Paul Fraser
1. Yes

2. No

Thanks for that. Sucessfully installed. Skipped the mass google apps step though (wanted to wait for wireless signal). How do you go back and install that? Had a look for a zip file in the image directory with clockwork but I'm barking up the wrong tree I guess.

EDIT: Disregard, it's just popped up again.

Edited by Paul Fraser

Guest iKrautDroid

Dear, wbaw,

I dislike amonra, because I had problems with it on my pulse, but I would really like to try it out again.

So could you please tell me where I can get it on my gen2 Blade.

That would be really nice...

Guest jsmitka

Hello,

I've upgraded to GEN 2 last night and it was very smooth, everything works fine so far. Excellent work, thank you very much!

If you use Swedish Spring ROM and you would like to go to GEN2 without loosing your data like me, it's very easy:

1. Perform a complete backup of your current data (& ROM, of course).

2. Convert to GEN2 using the first package (the clean one).

3. Restore your data partition - it can be done using advanced recovery in clockwork. Just make sure that there's enough space for your data in the newly created partition. It also restores the apps from SD, so make sure there's enough space for them.

4. Flash the SS ROM.

5. Since the cache partition is completely clear at this point, there should be no need for wiping it. Just restart the phone and watch it boot. It's like booting for the first time, so it will take few minutes.

This procedure worked for me, I've transferred all my data without any problems.

Guest Richard_Arkless

so with this method do you still get the benefits of gen 2 like better network reception or has that been removed when you replaced then with the gen 1 files

Edited by Richard_Arkless

so with this method do you still get the benefits of gen 2 like better network reception or has that been removed when you replaced then with the gen 1 files

You get all the benefits of Gen2, without a lot of the problems.

Guest iKrautDroid
Dear, wbaw,

I dislike amonra, because I had problems with it on my pulse, but I would really like to try it out again.

So could you please tell me where I can get it on my gen2 Blade.

That would be really nice...

Found it...

Guest Richard_Arkless
You get all the benefits of Gen2, without a lot of the problems.

Great you are a legend

I assume I can restore the data from the gen1 version of the cm rom, there is no conflict between gen 1 + 2 data?

Guest dadashi
noobie question,

I used the v2 with 2mb cach and two of my apps wont start and i think it might be due to the small cach...

the v3 makes a 15mb cach...Im running as gen2 now, can I flash the v3 again untop of my already Gen2 to change the cach size and then flash my nandroid backup unto it...?

I went ahead and flashed the v3 over my Gen2 and had absolutely no problems...thanks for the tips guys :mellow:

the bigger 15mb cach didnt do any thing for the two apps that arent working since I updated to CM, theyre probably not 2.3 compatible...

Guest Rotmann
I went ahead and flashed the v3 over my Gen2 and had absolutely no problems...thanks for the tips guys :mellow:

the bigger 15mb cach didnt do any thing for the two apps that arent working since I updated to CM, theyre probably not 2.3 compatible...

If you mean Navigon, you have to update to the newer version (3.x.x), the old one (2.x.x) is not compatible to gingerbread. Did not try this, just read somewhere, don't know anymore where. I use Google Navi for that.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest rjgallac
Download the proper gapps package, that will fit: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...0307-signed.zip

Reboot back into clockwork, wipe data, reinstall CM7 & then install the proper gapps package.

Thanks. I didnt release that. I was installing the wrong gapp package LOL.

Hhmmm , I tried that and still no joy. The market app is just refusing to install. I've updated the latest build and lots of wipes and reinstalls of the gapp you mention and still won't install the market app.

My menu and everything is working perfectly now though so happy days. Don't know why I'm getting hung up on market place.

Guest rjgallac
Thanks. I didnt release that. I was installing the wrong gapp package LOL.

Hhmmm , I tried that and still no joy. The market app is just refusing to install. I've updated the latest build and lots of wipes and reinstalls of the gapp you mention and still won't install the market app.

My menu and everything is working perfectly now though so happy days. Don't know why I'm getting hung up on market place.

ok, problem solved. I'm a complete and utter idiot. I created my google account and there it is. The market place app appears. I'm going to go out now and play with the busses.

Guest PeaNut_HU

I have tried to enter TPT mode by using the menu + volume-up + power keys (pulled off battery before), formatted my SDHC 8GB card fully, extracted the contents of the TPT zip to the root of the SD card, but still nothing really happens. MD5 is checked and correct.

It just stays at the green android like in fastboot mode. Anyone have any idea ? I don't have another memory card, could it be the SDHC is not compatible with TPT mode ? Have been using this SDHC card sine i got the phone, no problems with daily use, but never tried to TPT before. What am i doing wrong ?

Edited by PeaNut_HU

You need to hold menu & vol+ before & while you press the power button & you need to make sure all the files are in the image directory in the root of your sd card.

Guest mullen666

I have done the upgrade to Gen 2 aninstalled cm 7.0.2

I upgraded using the first gen1 2 gen 2 zip

Could I now just flash the 3rd version and repartition without

wiping roming and the rest.

I would be grateful for any help

Big up all the people who work to make our phones better

Guest treschi
Could I now just flash the 3rd version and repartition without

wiping roming and the rest.

No, that's not possible. Every repartitioning comes with a full wipe. But you can make a backup in Clockwork Recovery before applying v3 and restore it afterwards...

Guest PeaNut_HU
You need to hold menu & vol+ before & while you press the power button & you need to make sure all the files are in the image directory in the root of your sd card.

I am doing _exactly_ as you say, but other than the vibramotor buzz about half second and then showing the green android logo, the phone does not do anything.

I also tried every possible combination of pressing the buttons and the power button, but other than the two modes, fastboot and recovery mode, i can not access TPT mode even though everything is as described in the post.

I even tried to flash the Hungarian "memory-fix" ROM TPT, to check maybe it does only not accept the Gen2 files, but even the T-Mobile TPT files have not triggered anything. Strange :mellow:

I have no problems installing anything through clockworkmod, in fact i always used CWM to install roms, but it seems the TPT method is somehow "broken" on my phone.

Is there another way to somehow owerwrite the part that does the TPT mode using root privileges or through fastboot mode ?

More info: It is an OLED SanFran ZTE P729B

Edited by PeaNut_HU

I am doing _exactly_ as you say, but other than the vibramotor buzz about half second and then showing the green android logo, the phone does not do anything.

I also tried every possible combination of pressing the buttons and the power button, but other than the two modes, fastboot and recovery mode, i can not access TPT mode even though everything is as described in the post.

I even tried to flash the Hungarian "memory-fix" ROM TPT, to check maybe it does only not accept the Gen2 files, but even the T-Mobile TPT files have not triggered anything. Strange :mellow:

I have no problems installing anything through clockworkmod, in fact i always used CWM to install roms, but it seems the TPT method is somehow "broken" on my phone.

Is there another way to somehow owerwrite the part that does the TPT mode using root privileges or through fastboot mode ?

More info: It is an OLED SanFran ZTE P729B

It works for most other people with the exact same phone. I still think you must have found a way to do it wrong. It's either this or the windows software (with it's extra risks) to upgrade to Gen2, there aren't any other ways to flash the radio firmware.

Guest mullen666
No, that's not possible. Every repartitioning comes with a full wipe. But you can make a backup in Clockwork Recovery before applying v3 and restore it afterwards...

cheers mate

Guest PeaNut_HU

Can anyone with an SDHC card (preferably 8GB) confirm, that TPT mode works?

I'm still thinking that i'm having trouble because my card is high capacity, and maybe this low-level upgrade mode does not support reading from SDHC cards.

Guest KACE_231

I'm still thinking that i'm having trouble because my card is high capacity, and maybe this low-level upgrade mode does not support reading from SDHC cards.

i remember someone complaining about their TPT not working and they had a alternate SD Card installed, try using the stock SD-Card (2gb) for the TPT

Guest PeaNut_HU
i remember someone complaining about their TPT not working and they had a alternate SD Card installed, try using the stock SD-Card (2gb) for the TPT

Thanks for feedback. I will try to get a low capacity card, and retry the Gen2 conversion.

Unfortunately i don't have the original card anymore, as it was in my other phone which was stolen...

Guest tanchoo1

Hi there,

I am using a Kingston 4GB SDHC and it works perfectly fine for me.

You might wish to check that the unzipping of the file is in the correct place; that is a common problem for many.

If you use Astro file viewer, it should be in /mnt/sdcard/image

And there shouldn't be a folder in a folder, like /mnt/sdcard/image/image

Hope this helps.

Guest ivelinkata

You proved correct. All problems come from SD card. My SD card is klas10 16gb, not working zip file. Replacing the original 2GB SD card and everything works. I can now enjoy the new ROM CM7.02.

Thank you all prepare this ROM and all help in this wonderful forum.

Guest San-A

I'm confirming the issue with my Kingston HC 8GB sdcard. When I use the 2GB stock Verbatim sdcard, TPT GEN2 conversion works perfectly.

Time to reinstall gps-fix and google apps, markets and apps are automaticatlly restored from my Google account, some data from Titanium Backup ans SMS from SMS Backup&Restore and I'm done.

Peanut_HU, you too have an 8GB HC sdcard, try with a lower capacity/speed one and everything should go smooth.

Cheers,

San-A