Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest phlum
how could it wipe the sdcard if you're TPTing from it? :D

it doesn't.

Well I thought that but these things happen >.>

Cheers. Time to TPT my phone then!

Guest wbaw

Alternative version of the gen2 update with a 140mb system partition & 314mb data partition is now available, due to demand. Don't try installing stock roms, or adding every possible google app to /system or anything silly like that if you use this version.

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip size: 16.03mb md5:c1b4966604579fcc4bb2f69b83b6cb75 partitions: 2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data

Edited by wbaw

Guest KACE_231
Alternative version of the gen2 update with a 140mb system partition & 314mb data partition is now available, due to demand. Don't try installing stock roms, or adding every possible google app to /system or anything silly like that if you use this version.

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip size: 16.03mb md5:c1b4966604579fcc4bb2f69b83b6cb75 partitions: 2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data

Thank you soo much

Guest jonmac73

sorry if it's already been asked - have tried looking but not all 22 pages TBH.

Similar to previous poster - I am now on Portugese Spring 3b - plan on doing this then trying CM7. Is there a minimum/recommended version of clockwork I should be using for this ?

Thanks in advance

Guest KACE_231
sorry if it's already been asked - have tried looking but not all 22 pages TBH.

Similar to previous poster - I am now on Portugese Spring 3b - plan on doing this then trying CM7. Is there a minimum/recommended version of clockwork I should be using for this ?

Thanks in advance

Please, please please read the first post, and your questions will be answered. You dont use Clockwork to TPT.

wbaw, you should put the instructions in BOLD big letters

Edited by KACE_231

Guest jonmac73
The tpt replaces the clockwork with a gen 2 one in the package

Thanks - wasn't clear to me that it did - hence question.

Guest Monfro
anyone else find the android man, has changed???

since i flashed v7 (which worked perfectly btw) the android man (on boot) has changed from being the normal small (about an inch tall) green man. to a huge, fill the whole screen, man with a white border...

weird.....

Yeah, I sneaked that one in.

I like a lot that BIIIIIG boy!!

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

I'm a noob here, so please don't flame me for asking silly questions... I not sure if anyone here is aware of the problem below, but is this a known bug in the nightlies?

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to start afresh with CM7 on my Blade and re-setup my details and settings manually... so I flashed nightly version 95 on to my phone with gapps and then tried to restore adw settings and desktop setup... adw settings restore worked okay but the desktop setup wouldn't restore, I thought nothing of it until I tried restoring my alarms and settings on AlarmClockPlus(NoAdds) and couldn't find any alarms restored, the settings seemed to restore, however there was no possible way of restoring the alarms back into the app and the adw desktop layout setup...

I tried nightly version 85 and same result with adw desktop and alarms, none would restore... After hours of flashing and reflashing and restore attempts I finally figured that by reflashing to stable version 7.0.3 I could restore adw desktop layout setup backup and the alarms part of my alarms&settings backup... However, as soon as I update to any of the two nightlies that I used, I found adw desktop and the alarms would cease to restore again.... Therefore, in the future for me, that to flash back to stable version that works to restore everything that won't restore and update to newest nightlies or do a clockworkmod backup of the data, flash from scratch to newest nightlies and restore clockworkmod data backup...

Guest wbaw
Hi all,

I'm a noob here, so please don't flame me for asking silly questions... I not sure if anyone here is aware of the problem below, but is this a known bug in the nightlies?

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to start afresh with CM7 on my Blade and re-setup my details and settings manually... so I flashed nightly version 95 on to my phone with gapps and then tried to restore adw settings and desktop setup... adw settings restore worked okay but the desktop setup wouldn't restore, I thought nothing of it until I tried restoring my alarms and settings on AlarmClockPlus(NoAdds) and couldn't find any alarms restored, the settings seemed to restore, however there was no possible way of restoring the alarms back into the app and the adw desktop layout setup...

I tried nightly version 85 and same result with adw desktop and alarms, none would restore... After hours of flashing and reflashing and restore attempts I finally figured that by reflashing to stable version 7.0.3 I could restore adw desktop layout setup backup and the alarms part of my alarms&settings backup... However, as soon as I update to any of the two nightlies that I used, I found adw desktop and the alarms would cease to restore again.... Therefore, in the future for me, that to flash back to stable version that works to restore everything that won't restore and update to newest nightlies or do a clockworkmod backup of the data, flash from scratch to newest nightlies and restore clockworkmod data backup...

You need to wipe all your data & you wont be able to restore system settings if you're upgrading from 7.0.3 to any recent nightly. This is because 7.0.3 is based on Android 2.3.3, the recent nightly builds are based on Android 2.3.4.

Edited by wbaw

Guest shmizan

I did the v3 TPT upgrade. I wanna do the v7 upgrade on top of that.

cons: v3 nandroid backups will not apply on v7 update (right?)

pros: v7 enables fastboot whereas v3 doesn't.

so, is there a point in doing it?

Guest Amphoras
I did the v3 TPT upgrade. I wanna do the v7 upgrade on top of that.

cons: v3 nandroid backups will not apply on v7 update (right?)

pros: v7 enables fastboot whereas v3 doesn't.

so, is there a point in doing it?

If you use 7b, you might be able to restore nandroids as the system and data partitions are both bigger. Don't know if it matters that cache is smaller or not.

Guest kol0bok
If you use 7b, you might be able to restore nandroids as the system and data partitions are both bigger. Don't know if it matters that cache is smaller or not.

Here is a wish from a lame user (of v3, IIRC)... is it possible to have some kind of changelog in the top posting? With release dates, links to previous versions, and quick overview of the most exciting changes?