Latest official 2.1 rom (RBM2)

Guest pepe24

Guest SaladOA

Been using Pepe's ROM for the past ten days. By far the most stable ROM I've used so far, bar Wifi tethering causing reboots after 5-10 minutes of use. Battery life seems longer than that of the 2.2 ROMs but not by alot. I initially thought it was significantly increased, but after doing a battery calibration it became obvious that the battery stays in the high percentage for ages then burns through from 25% in a matter of minutes.

Perhaps most notably, I drop significantly fewer texts. I still lose the odd one, but nothing like the amount I was dropping when I was using Twrock's ROM. This is a huge deal for me and p.much the only reason I'm looking past the USB connectivity issues. Long story short, great ROM, thanks for all the hard work.

Guest twrock

Perhaps most notably, I drop significantly fewer texts. I still lose the odd one, but nothing like the amount I was dropping when I was using Twrock's ROM. This is a huge deal for me and p.much the only reason I'm looking past the USB connectivity issues. Long story short, great ROM, thanks for all the hard work.

:o Wow, really?! I thought that was one of the advantages of the CM roms, that they didn't drop SMS's. Oh well, seems there really is a huge variation in experience from phone to phone and rom to rom.

Incidentally, did you check the "Leave messaging app in memory" setting in the CM rom? Apparently that is the problem in every rom, that the messaging app gets kicked out of memory when it starts to get full. (At least that is what I have heard explained as the problem.)

Guest SaladOA

:o Wow, really?! I thought that was one of the advantages of the CM roms, that they didn't drop SMS's. Oh well, seems there really is a huge variation in experience from phone to phone and rom to rom.

Incidentally, did you check the "Leave messaging app in memory" setting in the CM rom? Apparently that is the problem in every rom, that the messaging app gets kicked out of memory when it starts to get full. (At least that is what I have heard explained as the problem.)

Really really. I had the messaging app locked in memory in the CM settings. I even tried locking it via GO Launcher that I was using at the time and texts were still dropped. I'm with T-mobile (UK), by the way. I dropped reams of texts with both your and that other CM6.1 ROM and I can't comment on CM7 because it's hardly a day-to-day ROM.

Edited by SaladOA

Guest Casterina

Really really. I had the messaging app locked in memory in the CM settings. I even tried locking it via GO Launcher that I was using at the time and texts were still dropped. I'm with T-mobile (UK), by the way. I dropped reams of texts with both your and that other CM6.1 ROM and I can't comment on CM7 because it's hardly a day-to-day ROM.

You need to have installed UK 2.1 T-mobile update to receive messages, look up fibblesan 2.1 ROM and it mentions that you need that ROM before you attempt to install any other ROM.

Guest SaladOA

You need to have installed UK 2.1 T-mobile update to receive messages, look up fibblesan 2.1 ROM and it mentions that you need that ROM before you attempt to install any other ROM.

Ah really? I thought it always mentioned the HU one as well or something? I'm using the other ROM that they ask for most of the time so I assumed my partition tables are correct. I'll flash the UK 2.1 and try CM6 again. I'll report back with my findings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Otto222

I'm having some issues:

-Battery life is not very good

-The battery indicator will suddenly drop from half full to almost empty, and shut the phone down. When turned on again, the battery is half full again. It plays the low battery tone all the time

-Screen stops working, must press power indicator to set it into power save, then open it again to get the screen to work.

I'm having some issues:

-Battery life is not very good

-The battery indicator will suddenly drop from half full to almost empty, and shut the phone down. When turned on again, the battery is half full again. It plays the low battery tone all the time

-Screen stops working, must press power indicator to set it into power save, then open it again to get the screen to work.

Try lowering the CPU speed. It is preset at 691mhz. (I can't even run the rom because that is too high for me phone.) Try lowering it with some app like SetCPU to 614mhz and see if it becomes stable. Then you can try to raise it a little higher and see if it is still stable.

Hi twrock ,

what the latest u8230 256m stock rom :

1- ttnet Turkish

http://www.ttnetmobi...30-android.aspx (dload after extract = 183 mb)

2- redbul mobile

http://selfcare.redb...05KT3WD8U3W0EF0 (dload after extract = 135 mb)

i need the newer one and how to add arabic language to it thanks .

(Here we go again....)

I've stated many times that I have no idea how to help people who want Arabic to work on their phone. Hopefully someone else can help you.

Guest EgyptoBoy

i dont like your reply its very aggressive ,

i think you didn't read my two questions any way im already edit my last reply and ill make new topic to get someone else can help .

Edited by EgyptoBoy

Anyone with a U8220 willing to help me with a little investigation? I need someone to do a full wipe of Pepe's rom tell me how much "Internal phone storage" space there is. It's in Settings/SD card & phone storage settings. Of course do a backup first.

And please tell me what official update you used prior to installing the rom.

There seems to me to be some unaccounted loss of storage space in this rom, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

Alternately, is that anyone out there who understands what is going on with Huawei's "internal_sd"? It seems to me that changing that setting in build.prop does nothing to restore the space it seems to be taking away.

Thanks.

Edited by twrock

i dont like your reply its very aggressive ,

i think you didn't read my two questions any way im already edit my last reply and ill make new topic to get someone else can help .

Sorry I never replied earlier. I had not seen that you edited your post and were offended by my tone.

Yes, I could have been nicer with my reply. I should not have directed my frustration about that issue to you. My frustration stems from a previous experience (), and should have been left there.

As I recently replied to another question about Arabic, I do not have any idea what problems those of you who need it are encountering. (I know what problems I have encountered with Chinese, but I have already learned how to solve those problems, which are not very difficult.)

If you can explain in detail what it is that is a problem with Arabic in these roms, and/or you can give us links to either information or downloads that might contain solutions (in English of course), then maybe someone can figure something out. But I personally do not yet understand what the basic problem really is, so it is very hard to offer any help.

For example, is there any rom that works correctly with Arabic? Does Arabic work in the Turkish rom you gave a link to? What "location" does one choose in Settings if they want their phone to be localized to Arabic? That might be a very helpful starting place to figure out what it has that these roms don't.

I'm sure there is a solution, but understanding the problem is the first step.

Guest EgyptoBoy

thank you man

i finally found 2.1 stock Rom full support Arabic from omantel U8230 V100R001ARBC144B836

so i try to tweak it to make it faster :

1- Z4ROOT

2- setcpu -------> max i can get 528mhz

3- launcher pro

4- link2sd

now i need a boot.img kernel battery friend (for 2.1) let me to oc to 710mhz or higher (my device can run 748mhz on 7.1 stable) .

and what about swap ( i think swapper2 in my case)

thank you for your help

thank you man i finally found 2.1 stock Rom full support Arabic from omantel U8230 V100R001ARBC144B836 so i try to tweak it to make it faster : 1- Z4ROOT 2- setcpu -------> max i can get 528mhz 3- launcher pro 4- link2sd now i need a boot.img kernel battery friend (for 2.1) let me to oc to 710mhz or higher (my device can run 748mhz on 7.1 stable) . and what about swap ( i think swapper2 in my case) thank you for your help
Please do a little more "research" and find the link to a 710mhz U8220 2.1 rom boot.img for me, and I can probably use it to make you a boot.img you can use with the B836 official rom. The the rest of what you are trying to do should work. But using SetCPU you can't make a kernel run faster than it was designed. So the stock kernels will only run at 528mhz maximum. So the boot.img needs to be rebuilt. A thread should be started separately for all of this. Maybe we should continue this elsewhere.

Edit: the link to the rom doesn't work for me. Please give me another link or upload it somewhere I can find it.

Edited by twrock

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Well I am back to using this rom, and it is running well.

Swap file set at 96 MB with a 15 in swappiness

8gb class 6 SD card with 2 fat32 partition 1 for data and 1 for link2sd. This is working very well. It lags when linking after installing an app, but after that all is good. Installed plenty of apps trying to push it to its limits.

SD booster installed and tweaked my sd card with it (this may have done nothing at all but nothing lost from trying)

Its faster than normal and more stable and the battery better compared to my usage when running a rom with apps2sd.

next step is seeing if can flash the 710 mhz boot image.

Ganker

Its faster than normal and more stable and the battery better compared to my usage when running a rom with apps2sd.

next step is seeing if can flash the 710 mhz boot image.

Interesting. I had thought of testing the theory that Link2SD is one reason why people have seen such high battery life in Pepe's rom, and your suggestion was enough to put the theory to the test.

I believe that Pepe's rom is using FLB's 691 boot.img, so if you have a 710 boot.img made for that rom, I suspect it will work just fine. (As long as your phone can handle it.)

Guest iKrautDroid

Please do a little more "research" and find the link to a 710mhz U8220 2.1 rom boot.img for me, and I can probably use it to make you a boot.img you can use with the B836 official rom. The the rest of what you are trying to do should work. But using SetCPU you can't make a kernel run faster than it was designed. So the stock kernels will only run at 528mhz maximum. So the boot.img needs to be rebuilt. A thread should be started separately for all of this. Maybe we should continue this elsewhere.

Edit: the link to the rom doesn't work for me. Please give me another link or upload it somewhere I can find it.

You can try to unpack the boot.img with dsixdas then unpack an oc boot.img and copy the zImage (kernel) to the stock kernel, repack it and add to your rom or flash via fastboot or make a flashable zip for recovery...

If I still had my Pulse id give it a try...

You can try to unpack the boot.img with dsixdas then unpack an oc boot.img and copy the zImage (kernel) to the stock kernel, repack it and add to your rom or flash via fastboot or make a flashable zip for recovery...

If I still had my Pulse id give it a try...

Yeah, that was my plan. However, after spending quite a few hours trying to be helpful by working on this, no one ever gave me any useful feedback on my efforts. <_<

I'm not highly motivated to do any more work on this myself when the people asking for help don't seem to be engaged in the process of doing at least some of the work they can do (helping locate needed information/files, testing and feedback). I personally have nothing to gain by working on Arabic language support.

Incidentally, I started another thread to discuss this topic: