apps2sd help

Guest Willz

Guest Willz

Ok, I have just switched from gen1 to gen2 and running CM7.0.2 and now looking to sort out a2sd, but don't know where to start. I have only done a2sd on my Pulse before, and that was with help from a mate also, so I don't remember how to do it at all. Not sure if there's an easier/better way for the blade or not, but I could do with a hand please. :]

Guest geegeethatsme
Ok, I have just switched from gen1 to gen2 and running CM7.0.2 and now looking to sort out a2sd, but don't know where to start. I have only done a2sd on my Pulse before, and that was with help from a mate also, so I don't remember how to do it at all. Not sure if there's an easier/better way for the blade or not, but I could do with a hand please. :]

On the occasions when I've run a CM7 rom I've used Link2SD (from the Market). Simple and effective. Other apps are available - Simple2Ext was commended for earlier versions of CM7 and was, I think, produced specifically for CM7. I assume you have an ext2 or preferably an ext3 partition set up on your SD card.

Edited by geegeethatsme

Guest k0zmic

Download Simple2Ext from the Market. It requires an Ext 3 Partition though.

Partition your SD Card to 512MB using Amon Ra Recovery, this will format it. Then Flash the ROM and download S2E.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest solidchips

If you are using windows, you can partition your sdcard using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition. I partitioned my sdcard using this tool.

Guest i am not a hacker

I assume that it is rooted or has clockwork. If it is rooted, you can use ROM manager to create a partition-512MB is a good size. Then you can use S2E from the market or flash DTApps2SD using Clockwork.

Or you can use Clockwork to create the partitions then install the DTApps2SD as a ZIP.

Guest hugobosslives

i always do it by:

clockwork, to partition sdcard.

link2sd, to wack the apps across to the sd. (this is good, as it is an actual app, with a proper user interface so is really easy to use, unlike the slightly confusing darktremor)

Guest Phace81
i always do it by:

clockwork, to partition sdcard.

link2sd, to wack the apps across to the sd. (this is good, as it is an actual app, with a proper user interface so is really easy to use, unlike the slightly confusing darktremor)

Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm :mellow:

Guest Willz

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am currently doing it in recovery, just wondering if I'm doing it right. I have chosen 512m but don't know what to choose for swap size??

Guest geegeethatsme
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am currently doing it in recovery, just wondering if I'm doing it right. I have chosen 512m but don't know what to choose for swap size??

Ignore swap, you don't need one. So zero size if that's an option. I partitioned through Ubuntu rather than recovery so don't know the options. I went for an ext3 at 512Mb and that is more than adequate.