Royal Wedding

Guest shadowninty

Guest CRIS.F.7
The flag of England is the St Georges Cross, adopted in the 16th century and 1801 the Union Flag was adopted as the UK's flag, however most people call it the Union Jack.

And the royal wedding took place in England and the UK not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

So tbh ethier the St Georges Cross flag or the Union Flag would be acceptable for the Royal Wedding. However you could include common wealth flags as well.

And the Union Flag is a combination of all of the UK, so it is also the flag of England, Scotland, Wales (Though it does not include any Welsh flag elements) and Northern Ireland.

So in short yes the Union FLAG is the flag of England. (Plus others!)

It was more a comment on the fact that you seemed to be pushing along that all too common arrogance that Great Britain is England. I am proud to be Scottish but I am also proud to be British, and while I would not describe myself as a die hard royalist, I watched on Friday and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Guest CRIS.F.7
The flag of England is the St Georges Cross, adopted in the 16th century and 1801 the Union Flag was adopted as the UK's flag, however most people call it the Union Jack.

And the royal wedding took place in England and the UK not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

So tbh ethier the St Georges Cross flag or the Union Flag would be acceptable for the Royal Wedding. However you could include common wealth flags as well.

And the Union Flag is a combination of all of the UK, so it is also the flag of England, Scotland, Wales (Though it does not include any Welsh flag elements) and Northern Ireland.

So in short yes the Union FLAG is the flag of England. (Plus others!)

It was more a comment on the fact that you seemed to be pushing along that all too common arrogance that Great Britain is England. I am proud to be Scottish but I am also proud to be British, and while I would not describe myself as a die hard royalist, I watched on Friday and wouldn't have changed a thing.

^^^

Sorry, my connection messed up and double posted, and I can't find any way of actually removing a post, only editing it :mellow:

Edited by CRIS.F.7

Guest xeyaztian

^^^

Sorry, my connection messed up and double posted, and I can't find any way of actually removing a post, only editing it :mellow:

I fully understand Scotland is part of the UK and that you are British and Scottish. I am also proud to be English and British and proud that the royal wedding took place in England.

Guest agreenjesus
I think some of you would be happier in Iran! But then you couldnt use your ZTE Blade to its full potential!

I didn't even watch the Royal Wedding and I'm glad it happened for the economic and social reasons. Its not about being royalist or anti royalist its about being English, and having the world see England in a positive light instead of a negative one as it mostly is now a days.

Cheer up people, you dont have to hate everything!

The English were a bunch of Germanic tribes that invaded Britain in the 5th century. Their "royalty" established & maintained their position by leading successful military action that resulted in the acquisition and distribution of war booty. Their society was well structured & didn't tolerate idle scroungers amongst other things. They may well view our contemporary English society as utterly ridiculous & insane, but this is speculation. It's a shame that we've lost the vast majority of our old english values & kept a perverted version of english royalty.

Guest awarner

The Union flag is only called the Union Jack when it is mounted to a Jack staff which is a small pole at the bow of a ship.

The term has been diluted so much that most people just call it the Union Jack instead of the Union flag.