[GEN2] [ROM] FLB r11b Lite and Phat < Gen 2 only >

Guest Len Ash

Guest Len Ash

For those who wish they had a greater choice of Gen 2 ROMs (currently one and a half) and may be reluctant to switch to Gen 2, here is a Gen 2 only version of FLB.

Using Softbank B15 boot image

Stripped down apps, updated where possible, retains all features of FLB r11b such as Power Control Widget in Notification pull down and Reboot app. Ondemand scaling governor idle CPU frequency reduced to 122.88MHz. 110MB size

Please feel free to test out and report. VPN, Exchange, Tethering etc....

FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite md5 4c0b8c58a9a73312329f38a209b9bc4e

Alternative Lite version, basically the same as the original Gen 1 FLB r11b, with no app updates, no change to scaling governor, just a Gen 2 boot image/kernel. 112MB size

FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite Original md5 3026b5e314d3bb55e0de3c8fb19c5f38

And loaded version with updates to existing apps and additional Social Media stuff added. 135MB size

FLB r11b Gen 2 Phat md5 4dc774c966d068799b2881fc367ddd57

Due credit to flibblesan and others...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest jeddy1
For those who wish they had a greater choice of Gen 2 ROMs (currently 1 and a half) and may be reluctant to switch to Gen 2, here is a Gen 2 only version of FLB.

Using Softbank B15 boot image (and splash logo ftm)

Stripped down apps, retains all features of FLB r11b such as Power Control Widget in Notification pull down and Reboot app.

Note that currently ADB is non-functional, but everything else *seems* OK so far. Feels smooth and responsive...

Please feel free to test out and report.

I will update/add apps and add a few tweaks and bling should there be sufficient interest.

FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite md5 6cccf18fe391b1a47f45bb66ce5d1b53

Due credit to flibblesan and others...

nice for making many roms for gen2 now but..

what this rom have and what not:)????

thanks

EDIT: or the same as flb gen1 ?

Edited by jeddy1

Guest Len Ash

thanks

Same as FLB with some naff apps removed. The point of Lite is that you add what you want...

Edited by Len Ash

Guest iKrautDroid

thanks

Yes, is it overclocked?

Guest Tsarbomba

I like the idea behind your Lite packs, "add what you want" Pretty much any other ROM has imo "junk" put into them for no reason whatsoever. Too bad CM7 is just as bad as those other roms. "Give me market and i'll fix the rest thank you!" They should learn from you LanceH

Guest Len Ash
I'm confused.

How made this rom? You or flib?

The BASIS of it is flibblesan's, hence the continuation of the naming/nomenclature and the credit. However, most apps have been updated and added to and the kernel is completely different, specifically for Gen 2.

The idea behind this and my Gen 2 version of JJ RLS9 is to a) allow those who currently find FLB and JJ to be ROMs they like and wish to continue to use in Gen 2 form, and b ) to allow those who may have converted their phone to Gen 2 only to find that CM7 is not what they want (and to be fair it is still very much WIP), and SS RLS 4/5 doesn't suit them.

Hecatae has also produced a Gen 2 version that would make an equally good basis for Gen 2 use, albeit requiring some cut and paste in terms of apps.

Hope that clarifies.

Guest iKrautDroid
The BASIS of it is flibblesan's, hence the continuation of the naming/nomenclature and the credit. However, most apps have been updated and added to and the kernel is completely different, specifically for Gen 2.

The idea behind this and my Gen 2 version of JJ RLS9 is to a) allow those who currently find FLB and JJ to be ROMs they like and wish to continue to use in Gen 2 form, and b ) to allow those who may have converted their phone to Gen 2 only to find that CM7 is not what they want (and to be fair it is still very much WIP), and SS RLS 4/5 doesn't suit them.

Hecatae has also produced a Gen 2 version that would make an equally good basis for Gen 2 use, albeit requiring some cut and paste in terms of apps.

Hope that clarifies.

Ok, thanks.

Guest Len Ash
Ok, thanks.

Just to add a little, both flibblesan and kallt_kaffe have ceased development of the 2 ROMs in question. They are both, however, very usable and worthy ROMs.

Guest iKrautDroid
Just to add a little, both flibblesan and kallt_kaffe have ceased development of the 2 ROMs in question. They are both, however, very usable and worthy ROMs.
:mellow:

Kallt stopped Swedish spring?????

Guest wookie16081965

can i use frankish themes with this rom thanks

Guest wookie16081965
I think so.

But make a nandroid first.

thanks was going do that anyway as i do everytime change roms ill just try rankish theme for fibbs rom should work