[GEN2] [ROM] FLB r11b Lite and Phat < Gen 2 only >

Guest Len Ash

Guest jaimet

Hi! I'm now using this ROM after trying CyanogenMod 7.0.3 and Swedish Spring RLS5, and this ROM beats them both hands down. I, too, had the Market download problem which I fixed using Kris Dee's method in Post #142 (after which everything has been fine). This ROM is the smoothest and cleanest ever, and the battery life is incredible. LanceH (and all those whose work you've built on), thank you so much! :P

Hmm. Anyone that doesn't have the slider bug when you have an incoming call?

It looks like the wrong images are being shown when a call is incoming. The code in phone.apk loads the swipe images from framework-res.apk so it's entirely possible that a couple of image IDs have shifted when I made modifications to FLB in the past. Very odd though as I'm quite sure I didn't make any framework changes between r10 and r11b.

If anybody wants to try something.. install one of the Frankish custom themes and see if this fixes the incoming call sliders. If they do then the original framework-res.apk will need to be edited. If the slides still have issues then Phone.apk will need editing to repoint a couple of strings to the correct images. Not that difficult to do to be honest.

Or try using Phone.apk from flb r10.

I installed the Gingerbread theme with circle battery by Frankish and it got rid of the slider issue. Also looks rather spiffy too.

Perhaps just in time to sell it in order to get a Huawei U8800. Paul is reporting wonderful things about it, though I do wonder whether it is worth spending a little more to get a major brand. Having seen the dire support Huawei provided for the Pulse, I assume its likely going to be the same for the U8800.

Guest Kris Dee
Can someone please tell me where the frankish circle theme is and how I install it

Thanks

:P

Copy a TrueGingerbread-circlemod-FLB zip file to your sd card ready to install.

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with vol- held

It should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.

Choose the 5th item "install zip fom sdcard"

Choose the 2nd item "choose zip from sdcard"

Choose the file "TrueGingerbread-circlemod-FLB.zip"

Choose the various yes options

When complete use the back button to get back to the main menu

Choose the 1st item "reboot now"

Guest rwalton159
Copy a TrueGingerbread-circlemod-FLB zip file to your sd card ready to install.

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with vol- held

It should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.

Choose the 5th item "install zip fom sdcard"

Choose the 2nd item "choose zip from sdcard"

Choose the file "TrueGingerbread-circlemod-FLB.zip"

Choose the various yes options

When complete use the back button to get back to the main menu

Choose the 1st item "reboot now"

Thanks Kris

I thought I'd need a theme chooser app or other.

:P

Guest aaroncarey

I've just installed the lite version of the ROM with the v4 TPT upgrade.

Everything seems ok, but for some reason my operator is listed as (no service) on the lock screen which seems a bit odd.. anyone else getting this?

Guest Andymac1969

I was using this ROM, and it was great, but I need the Wifi Hotspot and it does not work on this ROM, any chance of a fix?

Andrew

Guest aaroncarey

Wifi hotspot is also broken for me :P

Also Google listen doesn't seem to work properly either,

I'm probably going to have to go back to SS until these get worked out :rolleyes:

Guest finbaar

Here I am back on FLB FroYo after a few weeks on CM7. For me the deal breaker with CM7 was that my Blade would not work with my car. Thanks to everyone who has made FLB (the best 2.2 ROM) available. I had an issue last night when installing the rom with the fixed dialer - it would not flash. I just downloaded the original file and flashed that with the fix and all is well. I think that that will be the last time I will actually flash a ROM on the Blade as I can't see anything better coming out before I get a new phone later this year.

Guest Paden
Here I am back on FLB FroYo after a few weeks on CM7. For me the deal breaker with CM7 was that my Blade would not work with my car. Thanks to everyone who has made FLB (the best 2.2 ROM) available. I had an issue last night when installing the rom with the fixed dialer - it would not flash. I just downloaded the original file and flashed that with the fix and all is well. I think that that will be the last time I will actually flash a ROM on the Blade as I can't see anything better coming out before I get a new phone later this year.

Exactly the same issue prevents me moving onto CM7.

Strangely enough FLB r11b GEN1 wouldn't connect with my car either, where as this version does, as had all previous GEN1 versions.

I wondered if the the phone.apk, which has now been replaced with the r10 version might have been the cause of this, so tried replacing the existing one in CM7 with the FLB r10 version but no joy :-(

"No Service" & "Force Close".

Should it be possible to swap .apk's between ROM's like this?

I see there's also a Bluetooth folder in \system\etc\ which is a different size between CM7 & Froyo.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest xmaxxmax

Hi, with this rom i can't install apps to sd-ext partition (while i'm able with ss5 and cm7).

Which kind of filesystem i need to apply to sd-ext? Have this rom an a2sd or dta2sd script builted in?

Thanks a lot.

Guest jeddy1
And loaded version with updates to existing apps and additional Social Media stuff added. 135MB size

FLB r11b Gen 2 Phat md5 4dc774c966d068799b2881fc367ddd57

Due credit to flibblesan and others...

no root acces for me :P!

Edited by jeddy1

Guest themighysquitt

Its been over six months since I brought my Blade, I've trying a number of different ROM's & I felt FLB r10 was the best of the Froyo ROM's I've tried. Recently I've updated my phone to Gen 2 & tried out switched CM7 but found it buggy as hell, a few days ago I decided to switch to this ROM & it feels good to be back using an old favourite!! :P

Guest arrediabo

Wicked stuff!

Love FLB and I've had it with CM7. Maybe a bit further down the road, but not yet.

Never had a problem with Gen1 FLB, but now, after using CM7 N8+ for a while (went from Gen1 to Gen2 using Curl66 TPT with CM7), i return to FLB.

EDIT: Oh, and i used the TPT in post #142 by Kris Dee, page 8, from this topic to restore stock partitions, otherwise market wasn't downloading properly.

Problem is, email isn't working now, google mail is perfect, but i can't get exchage email to work. Works good if using some other client, tested with success with K9. But I would rather use stock app for this.

Anyone had any issue with this?

Edited by arrediabo

Guest Kalecgos
Problem is, email isn't working now, google mail is perfect, but i can't get exchage email to work. Works good if using some other client, tested with success with K9. But I would rather use stock app for this.

Anyone had any issue with this?

The only one working for me with exchange 2010 (and all that security policy stuff) is

Alternative Lite version, basically the same as the original Gen 1 FLB r11b, with no app updates, no change to scaling governor, just a Gen 2 boot image/kernel. 112MB size

FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite Original md5 3026b5e314d3bb55e0de3c8fb19c5f38

Guest arrediabo

Hmmm... I installed the Lite one. With the updates. :D

Did the full wipe, just in case.

Well, good news is exchange is fine. Bad news is can't get any wifi connection.

Edited by arrediabo

Guest n1ck75

My take on this Rom, This is Naked/Anorexic, weights in at just 62.5MB*

(*zipped)

Download:

http://ubuntuone.com/p/wXD/

Difference's:

Task Killer More Aggressive

Zeam Launcher Rather than Launcher2 (faster, slimer)

Stripped out Media Files

Bootanimation

Removed more Apps (filer, stopwatch)

*disclaimer*

I take no responsibility for whatever this does to your phone, house, girlfriend or dog

(and yes i asked permission to post this!)

Edited by n1ck75

Guest CrystalLettuce

This still doesn't work with the market for me and I don't understand the issue you're talking about.

Is there any way to get Market running without having to Flash AGAIN? I was up all night restoring apps, etc. This is a pretty ridiculous oversight.

Guest TouchyAndalou

A question for Lance:

I've just upgraded my blade to Gen2, with the intention of using either this rom or your other RLS5 phat one. As no doubt you've had an extensive play around with both, it'd be helpful and appreciated if you could give an idea of which you prefer for everyday use, the main differences/advantages of one over the other, etc.

Many thanks.