Can i unlock after installing CM7?

Guest macman1

Guest macman1

Hi i just inserted a 3 sim and i don't get a prompted to insert my unlock code?

the sim dose not work however.

i have owed the phone since new so it hasent been unlocked.

PS it is a orange San Francisco

thanks for any help

Guest The Soup Thief
BUMP NEED HELP

guessing here, so bear with me

Often you don't need to have unlocked on eclair for your phone to accept other sims on froyo roms - presumably same on gingerbread (ie cm7)

TBH there's not much reason not to unlock your blade, since it's free

There are links to unlock code generators pinned on the front page, should you ever want to downgrade and unlock

Moving on

Do you have your orange sim?

If yes, shove it in and see if it picks up a signal

If not, shove in another one and check same

I've a dim recollection of reading of someone else having trouble with CM7 getting stuck in flight mode in the last couple of days on here (might be essentially similar to your predicament)

Good luck

ps - are you sure the 3 sim's a goer?

Guest macman1
guessing here, so bear with me

Often you don't need to have unlocked on eclair for your phone to accept other sims on froyo roms - presumably same on gingerbread (ie cm7)

TBH there's not much reason not to unlock your blade, since it's free

There are links to unlock code generators pinned on the front page, should you ever want to downgrade and unlock

Moving on

Do you have your orange sim?

If yes, shove it in and see if it picks up a signal

If not, shove in another one and check same

I've a dim recollection of reading of someone else having trouble with CM7 getting stuck in flight mode in the last couple of days on here (might be essentially similar to your predicament)

Good luck

ps - are you sure the 3 sim's a goer?

i have now tryed an o2 sim and it still dose not ask for my unlock code which i have should i have done it at stock? the sim wont pick up any signal.

thanks for posting :mellow:

Guest StevenHarperUK
i have now tryed an o2 sim and it still dose not ask for my unlock code which i have should i have done it at stock? the sim wont pick up any signal.

thanks for posting :mellow:

Is this your current status?

• Orange Sim - Working
  • O2 Sim - Working
  • 3 Sim - Not working

If so I think your 3 Sim is dead - or not been used recently - so de-activated by Three?

Guest curl66

i have got the same problem with some newer blade from switzerland.

i just flashed the "old" UK stock rom for TFT and unlocking went fine.

i did the the JellyFish9 TPT to get amunRA recovery and flashed then UK stock rom.

unlock and did CM7 TPT.

i recommend first to unlock then to go to CM7

Guest macman1
Is this your current status?
  • Orange Sim - Working
  • O2 Sim - Working
  • 3 Sim - Not working

If so I think your 3 Sim is dead - or not been used recently - so de-activated by Three?

Hi Only the orange sim works as i dont get asked for the unlock code on 3 or o2 sim cards.

Guest macman1
i have got the same problem with some newer blade from switzerland.

i just flashed the "old" UK stock rom for TFT and unlocking went fine.

i did the the JellyFish9 TPT to get amunRA recovery and flashed then UK stock rom.

unlock and did CM7 TPT.

i recommend first to unlock then to go to CM7

Ah i was worried about someone saying that as i dont really want to go back to stock then back to CM7. ill wait a bit longer and see if anyone else posts any more info.

Thanks

Guest wbaw

You shouldn't need to unlock it if you're on CM7, that ignores the network lock. Half of the network locking mechanism is in the rom, the rom can just ignore it. I never unlocked this phone, put CM7 on it, then put a T-Mobile SIM in it & it all works fine. So it might be some other settings that are wrong, or even just no signal in your area.

Guest shad0wboss
You shouldn't need to unlock it if you're on CM7, that ignores the network lock. Half of the network locking mechanism is in the rom, the rom can just ignore it. I never unlocked this phone, put CM7 on it, then put a T-Mobile SIM in it & it all works fine. So it might be some other settings that are wrong, or even just no signal in your area.

thanks for the info, didn't know that about CM7, after all these CM builds are full of surprises lol...i mean, the video file i was trying to play on froyo rom was giving me 15FPS in full screen when in CM7 it gives around 25+ FPS...

Guest cjp666

I went from Orange to giffgaff and had to install a stock ROM to unlock. CM7 would see the sim as giffgaff but I couldn't make or receive calls until I unlocked the Blade

Guest jonathonf
When i went into signal with the 3 sim it went to roaming on oranges network why is that?
3 uses Orange's network for 2G coverage.