Bluetooth sharing problem

Guest jimmy191

Guest jimmy191

I was just wondering if theres any known issues with r8 and bluetooth shaing?

I got my Vega about a week ago now and intially it worked fine with my Sony w995 phone sending a photo over to it. I've installed the r8 rom and had a play with bits and bobs, went to send a photo from my phone over bluetooth and now it won't work. I keep getting this error "The application Bluetooth Share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Anyone know of this issue or ways to fix it. A reboot didn't work and I can't find anything on here or google.

Guest trevor432990
I was just wondering if theres any known issues with r8 and bluetooth shaing?

I got my Vega about a week ago now and intially it worked fine with my Sony w995 phone sending a photo over to it. I've installed the r8 rom and had a play with bits and bobs, went to send a photo from my phone over bluetooth and now it won't work. I keep getting this error "The application Bluetooth Share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Anyone know of this issue or ways to fix it. A reboot didn't work and I can't find anything on here or google.

Try re-pairing the two devices again. Had a similar problem with the Wayfinder GPS Receiver when I upgraded and needed to pair the two devices afterwards before they would work again dunno why. :unsure:

Guest jimmy191
Try re-pairing the two devices again. Had a similar problem with the Wayfinder GPS Receiver when I upgraded and needed to pair the two devices afterwards before they would work again dunno why. :unsure:

I deleted the pairing and paired again, reset a few times, toggled the bluetooth and wifi, but still didn't work. Oh well, not a massive problem at the moment but it di work before I installed froyo r8 and my other apps.

Guest trevor432990
I deleted the pairing and paired again, reset a few times, toggled the bluetooth and wifi, but still didn't work. Oh well, not a massive problem at the moment but it di work before I installed froyo r8 and my other apps.

What were you on before upgrading to R8? I'm using R7 and as far as I know sharing is working though I have an iPhone 2g phone which is pretty nailed down so can't test it myself but Wayfinder is working nicely with it. Perhaps worth reverting to R7 and see what happens?

Guest jimmy191
What were you on before upgrading to R8? I'm using R7 and as far as I know sharing is working though I have an iPhone 2g phone which is pretty nailed down so can't test it myself but Wayfinder is working nicely with it. Perhaps worth reverting to R7 and see what happens?

It was on stock, literally 15 minutes after I got it from the shop I transferred a picture over. As soon as I got home I flashed it to r8.

Happy with r8 and my settings though so not keen on upgrading until honeycomb is shown to work better. I spent a long time messing with apps and settings to get it working how I like (double tap home brings up task switching with task XP, 5 simi folders on main page instead of tons of apps etc).

Guest trevor432990
It was on stock, literally 15 minutes after I got it from the shop I transferred a picture over. As soon as I got home I flashed it to r8.

Happy with r8 and my settings though so not keen on upgrading until honeycomb is shown to work better. I spent a long time messing with apps and settings to get it working how I like (double tap home brings up task switching with task XP, 5 simi folders on main page instead of tons of apps etc).

Fair enough, I guess what I was suggesting could be considered a downgrade to R7 but as you say maybe when the Honeycomb system is in beta it will be a good time to move on and hopefully bluetooth will be sorted too :unsure: