[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest zaxxio

Regarding Flash for playing videos, I've noticed that it works, but only in full screen mode. If you are able to guess where the 'full screen' button is located in the flash window, click there and... magic! you'll have a nice and working full screen flash video stream.

Hope it helps!

Edited by zaxxio

Guest Stevonator
Regarding Flash for playing videos, I've noticed that it works, but only in full screen mode. If you are able to guess where the 'full screen' button is located in the flash window, click there and... magic! you'll have a nice and working full screen flash video stream.

Hope it helps!

Ah that's good to know, well done for the find! I found that audio works, but not video.

But hey, atleast there's confirmation of Flash working, hopefully in future builds it will be optimised.

Guest Steven-R-Raith

Just used the Gscript method to get Beta1a into CWM to throw 1.4 on there.

Just a thought, but if someone who is familiar with all the various relevant ways of working around the recovery foibles could make a post, then allow that to be linked for whenever people ask questions about how to rebuild a HC ROM, that might take some pressure off a bit - I had to go back ten pages to find a link to Post #555 for instructions on that, took a bit of hunting :P

Other than that, top work again, keep it up.

Guest Panayioti

This is directly at corvus and newbe5 but if you can could someone upload all the wallpapers for honeycomb. Im asking so i can make a folder so i can get wallswitch to automatically change the wallpaper.

Thanks

UPDATE:googled all honeycomb wallpapers and found some.

Edited by Panayioti

Guest bogdanghebea

Between one boot and another I have to leave the tablet OFF for 6-7 minutes. ... and I still can't understand why!

I check also the CPU clocking and, as Newbe5 said is 1000 Ghz, so all Vegas should boot VEGACOMB without any problem !

So whats the TRUE reason for which some VEGA boot well (at 1000 Ghz) and others Vega no...

For DEVs and any other peoples with more knowledge: can be any other problem related to the boot ? Can we(are more peoples in the same situation) try something else to make this VEGACOMB to boot normally?

Thanks again for everybody's effort to help us !

Guest wtabram
Really happy to hear this :P What are peoples experiences? We are fully aware of the flash/media issues etc, and some FC's are to be expected right now, but overall STABILITY is what we went for in 1.4. Did we manage that? Anone getting any hard lockups? Extended lag spikes? Or are we looking pretty good in the stability department now?

newbe5

Im getting hard lockups, I also found it a nightmare to install.

When it's going it seems to have it's patches of smooth and stuttering.

Generally it's smooth and responsive. there's some screen calibration issues where by it doesnt always respond to the back and home buttons.

When it locks up i have to hold the power buttton to shut it down.

Then re booting takes several attempts of on / off and holding the power button whilst powering on and off.

Eventually it'll get going again.

Guest diveboy2
Flash is not working on beta4 correct? Once it is I'm flashing this sucker onto mine. :P

Its not working correctly but the find the invisible max screen button does work but very hard to do.

Guest pumo

strange thing happen,

battery status wont be update at all whole day tapping and surfing it shows yet 82%, after reboot its showing 15%

I have to reboot it because I didnt believe it :P

Edited by pumo

Guest sipart

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1048959

If you like the asus live wallpaper, weather widget and wallpaper take look above. Installed the signed versions - work a treat. Because of the issues with local media i uploaded the jpeg to my picasa account to then apply the static tree wallpaper.

Cheers

Edited by sipart

Guest mre15

Does anyone else use the kids mode app, for some reason it just doesnt fit the screen correctly, about 30% is off the bottom, worked fine before honeycomb.

My kids are complaining they cant see lots of the games. Any ideas ?

Cheers

Guest mintvilla
Does anyone else use the kids mode app, for some reason it just doesnt fit the screen correctly, about 30% is off the bottom, worked fine before honeycomb.

My kids are complaining they cant see lots of the games. Any ideas ?

Cheers

i havent tried this as since this is still in beta, its not fair and kinda pointless to post errors or bugs about certain apps.

However you could try downloading spare parts from the market, and check the compatability mode button at the bottom. it might fix it (like i said though i dont really know)

Guest mre15
i havent tried this as since this is still in beta, its not fair and kinda pointless to post errors or bugs about certain apps.

However you could try downloading spare parts from the market, and check the compatability mode button at the bottom. it might fix it (like i said though i dont really know)

Compatiility is on by default with this rom, doesnt help, yes I know its beta and not everything will work correctly but there are lots of earlier posts talking about screen res with numberrs of 120 140 and 160 being banded about and I wondered if this was related and/ therefore something that was easily changed to try.

Guest Mattyb_uk

Speaking of which - hopefully these aren`t further bugs -just questions.

- usb storage mode doesnt work on osx - anyone got any ideas?

-can't download anything via the web browser - any suggestions?

-how do i enable google maps navigation?

Thanks to the guys for vegacomb! Tried every release. Love it. Will be donating. (Posting from it right now)

Guest Rekrab

Fantastic job so far newbe5 and corvus. I'm looking forward to further releases :P

One quick bug that I haven't seen mentioned is:

End button behavior options in Spare Parts save, but do not behave as specified (Home, then sleep just sends the pad to sleep)

I'm guess that this has something to do with the End button problems at the moment as the above options worked in the first beta release.

Again, thanks and looking forward to future releases :rolleyes:

Guest windin101
Speaking of which - hopefully these aren`t further bugs -just questions.

- usb storage mode doesnt work on osx - anyone got any ideas?

-can't download anything via the web browser - any suggestions?

-how do i enable google maps navigation?

Thanks to the guys for vegacomb! Tried every release. Love it. Will be donating. (Posting from it right now)

Usb mass storage mode is working for me on snow leopard

Guest Algie

If anyone wants to see what this tablet is capable of try Riptide GP.

It is absolutely stunning! Runs perfectly on the Vega with this ROM.

Guest HunteronX
If anyone wants to see what this tablet is capable of try Riptide GP.

It is absolutely stunning! Runs perfectly on the Vega with this ROM.

I also bought it, and it's brilliant, imo. :P

Guest WWEpsp
For some reason i have started getting a 'app launcher force close' right at boot

up. Never happened before.

me too maybe its made by the widgets or some shortcuts, because it didnt happen the first days when i use to had 4 or 5 apps on the desktop.

Guest sirgawain123

I think i´ve read somewhere that honeycomb provides tegra2 hw video aceleration beyond gingerbread

Has vegaComb any kind of hardware video aceleration?

If that is a yes, what kind of files (codec, profile...) would benefit from hw aceleration?

Which player?

I´ve got a hughe number of 720p MKV files which would be nice to watch on Vega!

Best regards

Edited by sirgawain123

Guest dawesy9
The team that brought you Corvus5 is back, to bring you HoneyComb for your Vega :P

See the original thread I posted over at TabletRoms here! the download is there.

My brain is hurting now... time to go for a rest :/

Remember this is BETA <_< We have posted this so that Vega owners can have bragging rights, yes, our tablet ROCKS. There are some bits and bobs that are messy, or simply just hacked in, but here it is in all it's messy glory :(

Have fun guys :rolleyes:

newbe5 & Corvus

Remember, if you are kind enough to donate to me (it's definitely not a requirement!) don't forget that this is Corvus' work too! His donation link is here!

Sorry to ask a stupid question but how exactly do you install this because it is missing the .exe file required in order to flash it...