[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest leigh85

Hi i managed to install vegacomb, what can i say! i love it. I can now read usb sticks without a problem, which i could not do on the r8 rom. however has anyone come across the wi-fi not automatically reconnecting and being slow, jerky swiping through the screens?

I have downloaded and applied the latest patch in the recovery menu, but when i go to the tablet setting it says im still on 1.5.1?

Can i save this rom image and revert back to couvers, but come back to vegacomb again where i left it without loosing any settings?

thanks for any advice!

Guest premieral
Hi i managed to install vegacomb, what can i say! i love it. I can now read usb sticks without a problem, which i could not do on the r8 rom. however has anyone come across the wi-fi not automatically reconnecting and being slow, jerky swiping through the screens?

I have downloaded and applied the latest patch in the recovery menu, but when i go to the tablet setting it says im still on 1.5.1?

Can i save this rom image and revert back to couvers, but come back to vegacomb again where i left it without loosing any settings?

thanks for any advice!

The rom version was just an oversight by newbe5 so it will have upgraded, as far as reverting to corvus back up apps with titanium then just boot to cwm do a complete back up. After thats completed wipe all as usual cache, data and dalvik then re install corvus. Just go back to cwm clean then restore if you want to go back

Guest shiblisattar

sorry with out going through the whole trail is the front camera or FLASH working now ? Or the guys still working on it ?

Guest leigh85
sorry with out going through the whole trail is the front camera or FLASH working now ? Or the guys still working on it ?

My camera is still not working, but it did not work on the stock rom! i should have taken it back but to be honest i would only brake it anyway!! ;) No i cant seem to get any flash to work.

Guest leigh85
The rom version was just an oversight by newbe5 so it will have upgraded, as far as reverting to corvus back up apps with titanium then just boot to cwm do a complete back up. After thats completed wipe all as usual cache, data and dalvik then re install corvus. Just go back to cwm clean then restore if you want to go back

Thanks for the reply premieral, i have just made a backup in clockworkmod recovery, would this be ok?

I was so impressed with corvus's speed, vegacomb seems very laggy to me. It could be me, or the fact that its in beta i don know.

Guest shingers5
Thanks for the reply premieral, i have just made a backup in clockworkmod recovery, would this be ok?

I was so impressed with corvus's speed, vegacomb seems very laggy to me. It could be me, or the fact that its in beta i don know.

set cpu and overclock to max 1.5ghz and be amazed. at 1ghz it struggles as i found out when first flashed. got set cpu from market and it screams! no lags now at all! flash still not working and camera also but last post by newbe suggests that something amazing is coming and soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait as i imagine it will all be working as we expect

Guest mxbob
set cpu and overclock to max 1.5ghz and be amazed. at 1ghz it struggles as i found out when first flashed. got set cpu from market and it screams! no lags now at all! flash still not working and camera also but last post by newbe suggests that something amazing is coming and soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait as i imagine it will all be working as we expect

erm what post by newbe? did i miss something?

Guest le_lutin

You sure about that. It's not the impression I get from his twitter feed. Seems like he is sort of at the end of his tether and looking for some help.

Guest premieral

Yes but that wont back up your apps data i.e high scores etc so do a titanium backup too :D i personally am on vegacomb for two weeks now and now find it very smooth and nippy, previously the best i found was alphaolas

********edit**********

Sods law, yesterday evening vega froze , after reboot (hard power off ) it came back with a million fc errors including the ui and launcher so no status bar or buttons on screen :P rebooted a couple more times same error , so had to reflash but now seems very laggy. So looks like i cursed it , hey ho going to reflash stock then come back and see if that clears it and resets the speed ;)

Edited by premieral

Guest le_lutin

Going on his latest tweets, it looks like newbe might be getting a new tablet (not a Vega). Not sure how long his enthusiasm for the Vega will last for!

Edited by le_lutin

Guest lambrettalad

Hi everyone

I flashed my Vega last night with this rom and have to say it looks amazing. It took a couple of tries as the first time there was non stop force closes of all the apps and any app that I installed, but after clearing all settings etc and re-flashing it all went fine and all the apps are working as expected.

The only thing i am having problems with is my external HDD, it is recognised and the Vega sees all the folders but when I tap on a folder its gives me the message that the folder doesn't exist ;) The folders are showing but they are all greyed out.

The HDD is recognised using the Corvus5 rom which is the one I was using previously.

The HDD is FAT32 and 250gb.

I flashed using CWM and all settings etc were wiped and I am holding the back button until the Vegacomb logo is displayed.

USB sticks are recognised no problem though.

Any help would be great as this rom is awesome looking and I would love to continue using it.

cheers

Guest ViPaSoft
Going on his latest tweets, it looks like newbe might be getting a new tablet (not a Vega). Not sure how long his enthusiasm for the Vega will last for!

Just read his latest tweets and no mention of a new tablet! Possibly new phone, but no tablet, why the scare....

Guest newbe5

Don't worry, the Vega is still my first love! ;)

I do so much development on the Vega, that most of the time it is in a completely unusable state, which is annoying for my wife and daughter who also like to use the tablet to play games or surf the web, so I am looking to get a second tablet for my household, figured it would be better to get something different, so I have another toy to play with!

I haven't got anything yet though, and I don't intend on giving up on the Vega, although I can't carry on forever :P

newbe5

Guest lonestay

Hi thanks for all the info and tips on this forum has helped me a great deal! i guess my question is how much further can the Vega be pushed ? or would you want to push it? I have installed the corvus5 rom and all the other stuff thats advised on this forum, and i have a fantastic stable useful tool I can watch movies from a HDD or a stick, i can listen to music i can surf the net i can read documents and construct documents, email them and basically do most things that i can do on my laptop BUT it will never replace my laptop. What it is, is a very useful tool to supplement my laptop are we beginning to expect to much from the Vega?

Guest CrArC
Hi thanks for all the info and tips on this forum has helped me a great deal! i guess my question is how much further can the Vega be pushed ? or would you want to push it? I have installed the corvus5 rom and all the other stuff thats advised on this forum, and i have a fantastic stable useful tool I can watch movies from a HDD or a stick, i can listen to music i can surf the net i can read documents and construct documents, email them and basically do most things that i can do on my laptop BUT it will never replace my laptop. What it is, is a very useful tool to supplement my laptop are we beginning to expect to much from the Vega?

Perhaps. I just got an Acer Iconia myself (check out the HUGE and vibrant community around it here on Modaco :P) and it destroys the Vega in useability.

Amazing things have been done on the Vega, it's impressive, but I'm putting it away until it's at the level I need. And as you can tell, I'm eagerly watching the Vega threads, still ;)

Guest paraffinbrain

I had what I thought was the standard beta experience - dropping wireless occasionally, locking up once a day, usually very ssssslllloooowwww coming out of sleep - but still good enough to stick with. It stopped rebooting last weekend, so I started from stock->1.4->1.5.1->1.5.2 and now I have a completely different machine - much faster and responsive, doesn't drop or lock. Wow

Guest lambrettalad

Hi everyone

I flashed my Vega last night with this rom and have to say it looks amazing. It took a couple of tries as the first time there was non stop force closes of all the apps and any app that I installed, but after clearing all settings etc and re-flashing it all went fine and all the apps are working as expected.

The only thing i am having problems with is my external HDD, it is recognised and the Vega sees all the folders but when I tap on a folder its gives me the message that the folder doesn't exist huh.gif The folders are showing but they are all greyed out.

The HDD is recognised using the Corvus5 rom which is the one I was using previously.

The HDD is FAT32 and 250gb.

I flashed using CWM and all settings etc were wiped and I am holding the back button until the Vegacomb logo is displayed.

USB sticks are recognised no problem though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this rom is awesome looking and I would love to continue using it.

cheers

Guest shingers5

Well as said before i went back to 1.4 then applied 1.51 patch and 1.5.2 patch and its zinging better than before. This rom is really good but lack of flash is killing. Flash stands android tablets aside from my ipad2 so its essential. Acer iconia though nice is too exp and wifi only. Motorola xoom or asus eepad are better alternatives. Iconia however has a great screen but is that enough? Vega cost £200 and with devs like newbe about its priceless

Guest 318vert

I am unable to get my advent running 1.5.1 to reboot into recovery using rom manager, power menu options and adb: typing adb shell recovery_2 just comes back with recovery_2 not found.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Guest warriorscot

It's nice to see work continuing but I was really hoping to actually get flash and fixes rather than workarounds that avoid flash and non working features. But beggars can't be choosers might give this version a try but it doesn't really fix any of the reasons I went back to CM7.

Guest mxbob
It's nice to see work continuing but I was really hoping to actually get flash and fixes rather than workarounds that avoid flash and non working features. But beggars can't be choosers might give this version a try but it doesn't really fix any of the reasons I went back to CM7.

that pretty much sums up how i feel about 1.6 good to see it progressing but it wouldnt make me use vegacomb as my everyday rom

Guest Remington Steale
Just done it... Will let you know.

Installed on mine, seems a lot faster than previous versions, also movie playback doesnt seem as awful as it was so far.

dont care about flash

Guest windin101

i cant get 3G working, rebooted several times not getting any and signal bars and cant search for a network

anyone have it working?