[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest NeilLewis22

Very nice results.

Thanks for the reply too my question too its nice to know 1.5 will be faster as i really wanna keep hc as my everyday rom

Guest WWEpsp
We were extremely conservative with a lot of the performance settings in 1.4, our primary goal was to fix the hard-freeze issue. That is now 100% fixed, and so after the 1.4 release I started looking at tweaking the values extensively to find the perfect balance between speed/performance and stability. I'm happy that this balance has been found after trying dozens of combinations. The current test build is both stable, and as fast as (if not a little faster than) 1.3. We are still working on other fixes to add to the build before we decide to release it :P

Trust me, this will be plenty fast enough on our little Vega's :rolleyes:

newbe5

WOW! Really waiting for that. Hope EAP wifi gets fixed this time. Thank for all your hard-work!!!

Forget flash, we need the real issues fixing like the 5 sided honeycomb boot image and the dreaded blue light of doom. <_<

LOOOOL, really laughed at this xD

Guest ian webster

I am hugely impressed with this and I am quite happy to use it as my day-to-day rom. If its any help I have encountered some odd issues with 1.4 though.

- Occasionally it will not awake from sleep and the screen remains blank.. I have to hold down the power button to reboot

- Clicking on a download link in the browser (stock) will force close the browser.

- Amazon MP3 will crash if you press play

- Like others I do not have all of my Music (it was in VegaMedia now moved to the Music folder) available to the music app or winamp, I guess that it may appear the next time that I flash (1.5?)

- Screen rotation seems sluggish, the Riptide GP game is graphically excellent but the accelerometer seems too sluggish to control it properly.

The good news though is that so much of it works remarkably well, Moboplayer does a great job on the Videos and Poweramp handles all of the music files I am really really pleased with this , Honeycomb is great but I was disappointed to hear that Google had stated at GoogleIO that they will never release the source of Honeycomb and that we wwill have to wait for the source of Ice Cream Sandwich.. I was also a little suprised to hear that Leo Laporte (This week in Google) was unhappy with Honeycomb even though he is an Android fan.. I think that Honeycomb is a terrific OS having previously owned an iPad.. I eagerly await the next built of VegaComb

Guest 4EVERDEAD

Frist off great rom!!

Is anyone else having trouble with the youtube app? if the video has a hd sign in it it will not play is this just me or a know problem

Thanks in advanced

Guest Mr.Nike
Frist off great rom!!

Is anyone else having trouble with the youtube app? if the video has a hd sign in it it will not play is this just me or a know problem

Thanks in advanced

It's a known issue

Guest HypoTurtle
I am hugely impressed with this and I am quite happy to use it as my day-to-day rom. If its any help I have encountered some odd issues with 1.4 though.

- Occasionally it will not awake from sleep and the screen remains blank.. I have to hold down the power button to reboot

- Clicking on a download link in the browser (stock) will force close the browser.

- Amazon MP3 will crash if you press play

- Like others I do not have all of my Music (it was in VegaMedia now moved to the Music folder) available to the music app or winamp, I guess that it may appear the next time that I flash (1.5?)

- Screen rotation seems sluggish, the Riptide GP game is graphically excellent but the accelerometer seems too sluggish to control it properly.

The good news though is that so much of it works remarkably well, Moboplayer does a great job on the Videos and Poweramp handles all of the music files I am really really pleased with this , Honeycomb is great but I was disappointed to hear that Google had stated at GoogleIO that they will never release the source of Honeycomb and that we wwill have to wait for the source of Ice Cream Sandwich.. I was also a little suprised to hear that Leo Laporte (This week in Google) was unhappy with Honeycomb even though he is an Android fan.. I think that Honeycomb is a terrific OS having previously owned an iPad.. I eagerly await the next built of VegaComb

I have noticed the screen rotation issue but very rarely, have you tried adjusting the sensitivity? increasing it close to max seems to make it work better.

In terms of the Honeycomb source release I guess this means the info here is obelete, as Advent can't release honeycomb as google won't be pushing it.

Guest RicardoP
Forget flash, we need the real issues fixing like the 5 sided honeycomb boot image and the dreaded blue light of doom. :P

:rolleyes:

Guest trevor432990

Apologies if it's been asked for already but can you please put some form of indicator in this ROM to show which USB mode the Vega is in. With previous ROMs we had indicators in the Kernel version name or a Widget indicator. Whatever it would be extremely handy. Thanks :P

Guest HunteronX
Update: Development

Thanks for the link. The rom is looking really good, and I'm glad bluetooth is working, as I can use it to connect my Wiimote to the tablet, for playing games on emulators. :P

Guest extrememonkey

Is anyone else having problems with the screen edges not working???

Also have a problem unlocking the device after out had been charging on the official dock!!!!

But overall good progress, just not useable for everyday use just yet!!!

Guest eq2k

Firstly Great work on this rom...

Cam someone let me know if the vega's screen calibration problems can cause the entire top row of screen to be unselectable i.e only able to to select the apps or search icons if i flip vega upside down so top becomes bottom. I have tried using the screen calibration tool to no avail. However i have not tried the tip of using a mouse to calibrate (due to fact i dont think the usb host switch tool works with Vega Comb, unless there is a way to a switch to host mode i dont know of)?

Guest Tony Williams
Firstly Great work on this rom...

Cam someone let me know if the vega's screen calibration problems can cause the entire top row of screen to be unselectable i.e only able to to select the apps or search icons if i flip vega upside down so top becomes bottom. I have tried using the screen calibration tool to no avail. However i have not tried the tip of using a mouse to calibrate (due to fact i dont think the usb host switch tool works with Vega Comb, unless there is a way to a switch to host mode i dont know of)?

Holding the back button while booting puts it into USB HOST MODE :P

Guest beepo666

I have TP Utility left over in my Titanium Backup from an R8 or CM7 install (not sure which but my money is on R8) - this seems to help with screen calibration for a while. That said, it may just be in my head.

I've run a Multitouch Analyzer from the Marketplace and that appears fine although I have trouble with screen edges sometimes. I found the screen more responsive if I held it upside-down - very technical I know :P

Guest Pinko_Commie

One tiny issue I have noticed which doesn't appear to have been mentioned is to do with portrait rotation.

I've noticed, any app which forces portrait mode such as the Kindle app/Gscript/Connectbot/AdFree forces portrait mode upside down on the device

What I mean by this is the the volume buttons are at the bottom when it like this. It's a bit annoying if you rest the bottom edge on a surface as I keep knocking the volume buttons, also it tends to slide out of my folio case when used like this :-)

Fantastic ROM though, using it as my day to day, using Kindle for about 5 hours last night without a crash.

Guest beepo666
One tiny issue I have noticed which doesn't appear to have been mentioned is to do with portrait rotation.

I've noticed, any app which forces portrait mode such as the Kindle app/Gscript/Connectbot/AdFree forces portrait mode upside down on the device

What I mean by this is the the volume buttons are at the bottom when it like this. It's a bit annoying if you rest the bottom edge on a surface as I keep knocking the volume buttons, also it tends to slide out of my folio case when used like this :-)

Fantastic ROM though, using it as my day to day, using Kindle for about 5 hours last night without a crash.

It was mentioned somewhere, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the future. :P

Guest HypoTurtle
Update: Development

Would I be right in thinking the framework that's been added would sort out the office apps FCing (Polaris and QuickOffice)?

And I didn't have any problem with google body on 1.3/1.4 and Dungeon defenders seemed to run fine on 1.4 and at a lower quality on 1.3.

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi all,

installed th 1.4 yesterday. It looks great ! and it recognizes GPS and UMTS from my Huawei interernal card (it asks for a sim:-)) . I receieve the sim today so will keep you posted on that. GPS is reconized but not sure its working, can't find a app to display it because GPS essentials, GPS test etc. all crash. I will try with google maps when my sim is working and let you all know.

Also have the issue that i cannot get it form sleep while on charger (sometimes with volume down, but mostly only with hard reboot) but I can live with that.

I'll keep this rom on, because for me it has so many solutions for things that did not work before I can live with the performance and minor bugs.

Great work !

looking forward to 1.5

Edited by iemand met een pov

Guest pablochr
Trying but no luck. I can enter all the req'd info with FW but no connection as yet. Wi-fi in settings keeps showing networks out of range unless stop/started. Fails and just scans continually. End of day here so will try again tomorrow.

Hi Newbe5,

no luck with FW, it does appear to retain the MSCHAPV2 setting - temporarily - but I've been unable to connect. FW causes a hard freeze every other use as well.

Gone back to 1.4 full for now without the 2 extra patches.

Network detection seems to be very slow generally, takes up to 5 mins to get a full list of available networks. My phone takes around 30 seconds to do the same. I'm in central London with a lot of wi-fi networks about.

Guest maverick6378

Batman & Robin,

Great work guys, awesome in fact!.

One weird thing with my Vega, when I installed 1.3 it worked really really well I had cpumaster installed min cpu set to 1.0 and max to 1.4 (as performance), granted this would eventually strain the cpu, but mine run fast, cool and battery was good too, also installed appkill at aggressive every 30 mins and linktosd and made sure everything went onto the sd, I had no really stability issues either apart from leaving it for a while and bringing it out of sleep then it felt a bit sluggish most importantly flash was working in browser and on youtube if youtube vid didnt work first time I would just hit try again and bam would work.

I'm thinking of maybe going back to 1.3 from 1.4 as 1.4 youtube and flash is not working for me now and also the power button doesnt bring the shutdown option?.

Any ideas guys?.

Thanks

Mav

Guest Theopulus
Is anyone else having problems with the screen edges not working???

Also have a problem unlocking the device after out had been charging on the official dock!!!!

But overall good progress, just not useable for everyday use just yet!!!

Yeah, I've notice that issue regarding screen edges too

Guest MaxiP

1.5 (or whatever it's going to be called) looks excellent and will be really interested to see if the music scanning fixes my problem with PowerAmp 'forgetting' what folders it has scanned via CIFS each time I open the app.

Looking forward to it

Edited by MaxiP

Guest Remington Steale

If 1.5 can:

Play video with Mobo Player with no lagging

Play Samurai II

Run Lila the Talking Fairy (dont ask) without force closing

Find music

Allow me to read books with Kindle and Comics with ACV

I will be happy, dont really care about flash