GPS issue - fr15

Guest netz

Guest netz

i flashed to fr15 a couple weeks ago, love it! its very fast! (thank you paul again!)

but i went out of town yesterday and needed gps, it kept telling me 'Your current location is temporarily unavailable' ( i've tried 20times atleast)

when i finally got back in town this morning, tried gps again, it still tells me 'Your current location is temporarily unavailable'

its not the location or the signal, because my friend has an iphone and he was using google maps right beside me, working perfectly well.

and i know the GPS on my phone was working when i was on fr13

can anyone help me plss!!

ps. my location is in canada!

thanks!!

Guest RotoTrol_P990

I had the same issue in FR15 and wiping dalvik cache seems to have fixed it. Google Maps was still acting up a little, though. With stock ROM I can confirm the issue is not present, so there must be something broken somewhere.

Guest Squide

I experienced the same thing yesterday...

I need to stand still for around 5-10mins to get the GPS fixed its position.....

There's no buildings or hills around me... an open ground and a sunny day without clouds at all.

Guest conceptics
Mine seems to be broken too in FR15, FasterFix didn't make a difference

I can conform this too. GPS worked excellent in FR10, FR11 and FR12. Since FR15, it doesn't (test at the same location).

It would be great if Paul could comment, since something must have changed between FR12/FR13 and FR15 and it would be great to know how to revert it ourself (if possible) or at least to know that there is a fix on the way.

Guest conceptics

This is strange - I'm not sure if I solved it myself using LG's hiddenmenu and changing some configs around or if indeed it seems to work better now. Could anyone else test this again who had problems initially and is on FR15?

Guest Boergen
This is strange - I'm not sure if I solved it myself using LG's hiddenmenu and changing some configs around or if indeed it seems to work better now. Could anyone else test this again who had problems initially and is on FR15?

If you could be a little more specific about the "changing some configs around"... :unsure:

Guest conceptics
If you could be a little more specific about the "changing some configs around"... :unsure:

Of course, sorry - just wanted to make sure I retract what I did correctly so that the settings I have fiddled around to make it work actually do work and not cause any other problems.

What made me fiddle around with some of the options were this link that was posted in the FR15 kitchen topic, about the expired SSL certificate of supl.google.com:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps...9ae5d&hl=en

To get it to work as flawless as before upgrading to FR15, I have made the following adjustments that seem to work well:

1. Go into the LG hidden menu

2. Go into GPS Test

3. Go into System Settings

4. MOLR Protocol (is set to User-Plane)

5. SULP Setting -> SLP Server Setting, I created a new one for the nokia servers (slp address: supl.nokia.com, port: 7275, no cert and no TLS setting)

6. SLP Auto Provision is activated

I'm in Switzerland and with this settings (supl.nokia.com), the GPS fix is relatively quick and works consistently within about 10 seconds of starting Google-Maps.

Still not sure if this is indeed FR15 related or if the problem is purely SSL Certificate related. If it is SSL Certificate related wouldn't the problem be much more widespread and wouldn't google already have updated the certificate by now?

Anyway, hope the above works at least as a temporary workaround.

Guest Boergen

2. Go into GPS Test

5. SULP Setting -> SLP Server Setting, I created a new one for the nokia servers (slp address: supl.nokia.com, port: 7275, no cert and no TLS setting)

Woah.. that works like a charm. :unsure: Many thanks!

Just to be on the safe side, I edited the gps.conf as well and exchanged the Google server with the Nokia one, port 7275.

Guest toti1001

Many thanks to conceptics !!!!! This tweak was the only one, that works perfectly with my LG. Ive tested many other things (Fasterfix,modify gps.conf etc.) but this tweak runs top!!

Ive just wait min. 1 min. for a fix, sometimes longer and only 3-4 Sats are locked. With your tweak, i got a Fix after max. 15sec. with min 6 Sats.

Guest qhyqhy

how go into the hidden menu?

edit: found

Example using LauncherPro (others will use a similar method):

Long press on home screen

Select Shortcuts

Select Activities

Scroll down to and expand com.lge.hiddenmenu

Select HiddenMenu (first entry)

Enter Shortcut name

Click on shortcut to launch

Edited by qhyqhy

Guest 75markus
how go into the hidden menu?

edit: found

Example using LauncherPro (others will use a similar method):

Long press on home screen

Select Shortcuts

Select Activities

Scroll down to and expand com.lge.hiddenmenu

Select HiddenMenu (first entry)

Enter Shortcut name

Click on shortcut to launch

...or type in dialer :

1809#*990# (hidden menu)

Guest Squide
...or type in dialer :

1809#*990# (hidden menu)

drag ur finger from the place between back and search key

move up into the touch screen will launch the hidden menu.

no shortcut needed.

Guest netz
Of course, sorry - just wanted to make sure I retract what I did correctly so that the settings I have fiddled around to make it work actually do work and not cause any other problems.

What made me fiddle around with some of the options were this link that was posted in the FR15 kitchen topic, about the expired SSL certificate of supl.google.com:

To get it to work as flawless as before upgrading to FR15, I have made the following adjustments that seem to work well:

2. Go into GPS Test

I'm in Switzerland and with this settings (supl.nokia.com), the GPS fix is relatively quick and works consistently within about 10 seconds of starting Google-Maps.

Still not sure if this is indeed FR15 related or if the problem is purely SSL Certificate related. If it is SSL Certificate related wouldn't the problem be much more widespread and wouldn't google already have updated the certificate by now?

how should my nokia server setting be if i am in canada?

thanks!

Guest qhyqhy
...or type in dialer :

1809#*990# (hidden menu)

not working. I have to phone?

when I phone to this number: IHM problem.... Only ma method work on my phone

Guest Boergen
how should my nokia server setting be if i am in canada?

thanks!

Just use the same settings. There isn't any setting in the GPS HiddenMenu that is based on which country you're in.

Guest orion1602

2. Go into GPS Test

Wow! thank you so much! my gps was perfect in rom stock and fr12, but since fr 15 it doesn't work. No matter if i changed the gps.conf to a server in FR. But now with nokia's server it's ok, and i get a fix in less then 10s from the windows. And accuracy is ok too.

Guest Boergen

Paul, is it possible to use the Nokia SUPL server as default in future ROMs?

A few ROMs back you added the /system/etc/gps.conf... but that file is obsolete if a working SUPL server is set in the HiddenMenu.

Edited by Boergen

Guest Boergen

I just deleted it in my FR16 using SuperManager's File Explorer. Like posted before... it's not needed, which is probably why LG didn't include it in the first place.

Edited by Boergen

Guest alvari

Seems like the Nokia SUPL is removed in Fr18 and google is again default? I just can't get a GPS lock with the google supl, but immediately after adding the nokia supl and taking it into use, I get a lock in a matter of seconds.

Guest 75markus
Seems like the Nokia SUPL is removed in Fr18 and google is again default? I just can't get a GPS lock with the google supl, but immediately after adding the nokia supl and taking it into use, I get a lock in a matter of seconds.

for me the nokia settings in hidden menu kept stored, gps was working after flashing fr18 flawless ...