[SOLVED] I think I bricked my ZTE Blade

Guest Phaleg

Guest Phaleg

Hi to all and sorry for that, because I know it is not the best way to introduce myself...

I got today by post a Zte blade from UK, unlocked and with cianogenmod 7 inside... my pc with win7 was able to detect it install drivers, but not able to see inside it like I do with a Nokia, (storage disk, you plug the phone and you can use it to move files from pc to phone and the opposite)

I thought it was not enough updated and I tried to install the newer version of cianogen mod, got the file for blade and put it in SD, then installed with RomManager, backing up old one and no wipe data and cache (not sure, I guess not)

after a while, it backed up and installed the new one, and then just making black screen and then android logo a lot of times

I thought it was for battery that was over 33% and plugged charge from the wall, not from pc

same condition, then stopped to make black screen and logo

I tried to put the old 2GB SD back, (since I got the phone I moved all files from 2GB SD to a new one 8GB class10 and then installed apps, got contacts and sms, all fine) but no difference

What can I do? Is it broken or bricked forever?

Is there a way to go back?

Please help me, it is the first time I break something new

Thanks

L.

PS: I read that you can turn up the phone in recovery and try to recover the mess, but how can I?

If I do it, which ROM will be back?

Will it be simlock then?

Edited by Phaleg

Guest Phaleg

Actually I can enter in recovery mode pressing Vol (-) + home + power and my phone is Gen1...

I would like to put back the Cianogen mod 7 that was previous in the phone and that I backed up during me trying to update with Rom Manager...

Any help?

Guest wrtease

im on gen1 and i use volume down with power to get in to clockwork recovery. you should be able to find in the menu backup and restore .chose restore .if theirs more than 1 backup then you can chose any 1 .then let it finnish restore and reboot into phone screen and see what youve got. if not then repeat with other restore backup. and reboot .always give your phone at least 5 mins to get into main screen .not any longer.

Guest Phaleg
im on gen1 and i use volume down with power to get in to clockwork recovery. you should be able to find in the menu backup and restore .chose restore .if theirs more than 1 backup then you can chose any 1 .then let it finnish restore and reboot into phone screen and see what youve got. if not then repeat with other restore backup. and reboot .always give your phone at least 5 mins to get into main screen .not any longer.

Exact, I did it this morning

recovery with Vol(-) + home + power

backup & restore

restore previous working rom

reboot

I did it ^^

Does BT work in your Blade genI ?

Have you cianogen 7 right?

and about usb mount, does your pc recognize your blade like a memory stick to move files?

Mine does not

Guest wrtease

i have canyongen 7 stable 7.0.3 and bluetooth works fine and sdcard works fine. so where are you with it at moment .i mean progress wise.1 have you got it working on cm7 and no sdcard working.

Guest wrtease

you could try this format your 2gb sdcard then copy all your previous files back to sdcard from your 8gb card. okay i have just checked mine and it works fine .my sdcard is fat32 and works 100%.

Guest CrazyXBMax

You cannot install new cyanogenmod on a gen 1 device. That is the problem which you called bricking because the rom will not run on gen1. Try to uprgrade yours to gen2 or use another rom like Swedish Spring.

Guest Phaleg
i have canyongen 7 stable 7.0.3 and bluetooth works fine and sdcard works fine. so where are you with it at moment .i mean progress wise.1 have you got it working on cm7 and no sdcard working.

I did not understand last part of the sentence...

Guest wrtease

yes you can run canyongen 7 stable 7.0.3 as im doing at the moment. i used the converter from kk after i installed cm7 and have no problems at all.im gen1 .

Guest wrtease

okay you can install cm7 in recovery then dont exit recovery and then use the converter zip that kk has and then reboot yor mobile .did you just install which version of cm7 as their is stable and nightly and rc versions out their.back to your question about sdcard.which 1 worked okay

Guest Phaleg
okay you can install cm7 in recovery then dont exit recovery and then use the converter zip that kk has and then reboot yor mobile .did you just install which version of cm7 as their is stable and nightly and rc versions out their.back to your question about sdcard.which 1 worked okay

Ok, can you link me the converter that you used to change from gen I to gen II?

Is it the same procedure that you used?

Put rom 7.0.3.zip and converter in the SD

turn on the mobile in recovery

install cm 7.0.3 from recovery

do not reboot (does not reboot by itself??)

use the converter (how can I use it from recovery?)

then reboot

right?

Guest wrtease

okay look on the blade forum under roms and custamation .look for conver by k k .read this and it will solve your problem. does any of your sdcards work okay .firstly.if not then you must get 1 that works . then check its fat 32. then post back will look for you the link okay.

Guest wrtease

here is the link to the converter read carefully.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rsal-converter/

this is what i used for my gen1 . and will stay gen1.

their is a gen1 and gen2 tpt method out their to .so look first and see what you want to do first.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

always here to help anyone and they helped me that what this forum is for .

Guest wrtease

wipe data

wipe factory

wipe dalvik

wipe batt stats

then

1 install cm7 from sdcard dont reboot

2 then install converter

then reboot

thats how i did my gen1

Guest Phaleg
wipe data

wipe factory

wipe dalvik

wipe batt stats

then

1 install cm7 from sdcard dont reboot

2 then install converter

then reboot

thats how i did my gen1

How does wiping data, factory, dalvik (?) and battery stats involve?

Does my phone become back simlock?

about install converter, which recovery option is the right one to install it?

Thanks

Guest wrtease

1 okay .do you have clockwork recovery ?

2 do you want 2 install cm7 ?

3 use converter option 1

4 this will not simlock your phone.

5 wipe data ,wipe factory ,wipe dalvick

6 this is what everybody does to install roms.

7 please read steven harper about installing roms.

8 here is the link.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...zte-blade-gen1/

this will clear up any problems you might not understand.

Guest mrTau

What I have learned, in my thread that your NOT supposed to use Rom manager on a gen 1 phone...

"I would like to put back the Cianogen mod 7 that was previous in the phone and that I backed up during me trying to update with Rom Manager..."

I updated my gen 1 phone yesterday with swedish spring, and it took me some time, maybe 1 hour or so (first time doing it) but after then its magic :unsure:

Mrtau

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phaleg
1 okay .do you have clockwork recovery ?

2 do you want 2 install cm7 ?

3 use converter option 1

4 this will not simlock your phone.

5 wipe data ,wipe factory ,wipe dalvick

6 this is what everybody does to install roms.

7 please read steven harper about installing roms.

8 here is the link.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...zte-blade-gen1/

this will clear up any problems you might not understand.

Ok I think I am ready with mind to do this!

About converter option, is this one? = http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ersal-converter ?

If yes, I see from rom manager that my recovery mode is 3.0.1.4 and it should seem ok according to that guide (I know that I have to install from recovery mode and not from rom manager!!!)

And about order of actions, should I use option I of updating to gen II after or before installing CM703?

Guest Phaleg
Ok I think I am ready with mind to do this!

About converter option, is this one? = http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ersal-converter ?

If yes, I see from rom manager that my recovery mode is 3.0.1.4 and it should seem ok according to that guide (I know that I have to install from recovery mode and not from rom manager!!!)

And about order of actions, should I use option I of updating to gen II after or before installing CM703?

I forgot, should I keep the converter in zip format (like the update) or should I extract it?

Should I take the normal one or the one with overclock?

Latest downloads

cm7_universal_converter_20110426.zip MD5: 4BDE6036C134873A697187B79255842A

cm7_universal_converter_ahb_20110426.zip MD5:EA4EA36F0C05A784837D8ABDDBBACDAC

Guest Phaleg

I did in this way:

backup of rom (in recovery through rom manager) , contacts and sms, then

with recovery mode :

- gen I to II converter, directly from zip: cm7_universal_converter_20110426.zip MD5: 4BDE6036C134873A697187B79255842A

- WIPE Data, cache and factory reset

- CM7.03 directly from zip

reboot, and it was not working, so I tried the same converter again and it was fine ^^

PS: Mr pigfish, always says that I have gen I blade :P

but my Blade is still 512MB ram (it shows 416 in system info)

Edited by Phaleg