Car holder for S2

Guest geekboyuk

Guest prusling

I used the Clingo with a cheap plastic case from ebay with a metal plate on it (for another magnetic mount).

It grips very hard, but I found that the green sticky material turns into goo and starts coming away so I've consigned it to the bin.

Have a look for spiderpodium on ebay. It's the only holder that you'll ever need again. It will also work with any case on.

Edited by V5er

Guest geekboyuk

I never followed up on this....

Many months on and I went for the Spider Podium. It's minimal design is wonderful!

My Alfa GT has a cup holder and card holder slide out draw fairly high in the dashboard, it is here that I've mounted it. Perfect for controlling audio playback and maps visibility. I've got an USB cable popping out of the card holder too, so if I want to tidy it away I can quickly remove the Spider Podium, close the little draw and it all looks normal :)

PS - if anyone is reading this with an Alfa GT, the Blaupunkt Bluetooth adaptor works with the factory fit radio (although Alfa says it doesn't) and makes phone appear as CD changer: http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/7607545500-adaptor