[ROM] VegaComb Beta 1.3 Huawei 3G Edition

Guest rebel1

Guest pumo
I made a big mistake when I installed that ROM :rolleyes:

How can I ever get used again to Android 2.2 or 2.3 :P

This is still beta, but 3G works, WiFi works, my Gmail works, market works, Titanium Backup works (after installing its own busybox).

Great work! I tried the Corvus and Newbe5 VegaComb, but uninstalled it as soon as I saw that internal 3G modem is not working. Now with rebel1s additional work this is usable for me.

how about gps does it work?

Edited by pumo

Guest beegee1962
how about gps does it work?

I cannot tell you. My GPS never got a signal, not even on my own ROM. Other people reported (on my ROM) that GPS works. Have to open my Viewpad and check. I have the feeling the antenna is not connected or something else is wrong.

Guest davidescu

I have tried with 2 Huawei modems (E160E and E1752),but with no results.When I try to configure manually the APN,it does not saving the configuration...When I press " Search Networks" or "Select Automatically" it pops up an error "Unable to..."

With both of 3G modems I have blue Blink (previously green blink 2-3 times).

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my bad english...

Guest rebel1
how do I configure own 3g apn to this or 1.4 version?

I am using 1.4 and it asks pin code at startup but no connection or place to add apn settings.

edit: APNs can be configured with 2g/3g on-off widget

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.c...etwork2g3gonoff

Hi,

newbe5 forget to set picasso.3g=true to the build.prop in the full HC 1.4, add it manually or install the 1.3 to 1.4 patch.

Guest rebel1
I have tried with 2 Huawei modems (E160E and E1752),but with no results.When I try to configure manually the APN,it does not saving the configuration...When I press " Search Networks" or "Select Automatically" it pops up an error "Unable to..."

With both of 3G modems I have blue Blink (previously green blink 2-3 times).

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my bad english...

Hi,

i don´t have your dongles, but i think you need to use the usb_modeswitch tool to switch the dongle in the right state.

See http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/

rebel1