[APP] Button Backlight Alert

Guest lilHermit

Guest gaeng4665
I'm looking for someone to maintain the cm7 framework for it. It really depends how much the kernels differ from stock but I don't think there will be any issues.

~

What does one need to do to maintain the cm7 framework? What knowledge is required?

Guest lilHermit
What does one need to do to maintain the cm7 framework? What knowledge is required?

Someone able to compile CM7 from source, I'll provide the source patches.

~

Guest aMpeX
Someone able to compile CM7 from source, I'll provide the source patches.

~

I can, but I won't be with my build setup until monday, so someone else might as well do it.

Guest ermacwins
I'm looking for someone to maintain the cm7 framework for it. It really depends how much the kernels differ from stock but I don't think there will be any issues.

~

Can we gs2 owners get some love please? I believe the ke7 kernel is the most popular

Guest lilHermit

I have someone on board for the CM7 framework maintenance and will be moving forward with that shortly.

Beta2 will be released today*, once I squash the 3 bugs I have on my list. Will release to market Monday/Tuesday depending on how the beta test goes.

Future Feature List added to Post#2, suggestions welcome.

* ChangeLog on Post #2

Edited by lilHermit

Guest lilHermit
i expected it today :o

:D

Sorry I like to get it right. People who know my previous projects will know, I don't like releasing buggy software. :D

Edited by lilHermit

Guest jon.m.knight

in regards to the 'defaults' setting and then application exception settings - What does the 'default' setting actually do? It seems as though you have to set application notfication types (gmail, missed call etc etc) individually - should there not be an option in each of the applications 'light mode' dropdowns to use 'default settings'? or am i missing something here?

Guest lilHermit
in regards to the 'defaults' setting and then application exception settings - What does the 'default' setting actually do? It seems as though you have to set application notfication types (gmail, missed call etc etc) individually - should there not be an option in each of the applications 'light mode' dropdowns to use 'default settings'? or am i missing something here?

Defaults will be used if it does not match any of the apps in the in list. So defaults will be used for facebook or plume but Gmail settings will be used for any new Gmail Email.

That's how it should work although I have haven't tested that for sometime now, maybe I broke something.

~

Guest jon.m.knight
Defaults will be used if it does not match any of the apps in the in list. So defaults will be used for facebook or plume but Gmail settings will be used for any new Gmail Email.

That's how it should work although I have haven't tested that for sometime now, maybe I broke something.

~

ahh makes sense now - thanks.

Guest withoutwings

Hi lilHermit,

Here are some comments I'd like to make after testing beta2:

Functionality

• A "test" function that adds a notification item which uses the defaults would be handy. You could place this under Menu-Softkey-->Test Notification so that it's not in the way.
  • It needs an option to "use defaults for all notifications" as it will get very tedious to manually change every single app when you want all to behave the same
  • A configurable "night mode" would be useful so that the light won't wake someone up! So I could do something like disable at 10PM and re-enable at 7AM for example so I still see the notification when I wake up.
    • I don't see the need to have the "info" items on the main screen. You could combine them into a single "info" item that shows a popup, or Menu-Softkey-->Info
    • The "Defaults" settings should all be put on the front page; disabled if "use defaults for all notifications" is unchecked. The "Applications" item is only enabled if that option is not checked too.
    • Screen on brightness setting should on its own on the main screen as it is independent of the notification settings. I would argue to have the actual slider there instead of as a popup.
      • Why is LED brightness from 1 to 21? I'm pretty sure that the values in /sys/devices/platform/star_touch_led/wled are from 0 (off) to 20 (fully lit).
      • Screen-on brightness should change the LED brightness instantly as I drag the slider.
      • The time sliders should snap to 100ms steps at least. There isn't much point in having values like 1012 or 7554, not to mention that they definitely won't be divisible by 20.
      • The time slider value should have "ms" displayed after the value to make the unit of time clear.

Pulse Mode

[*]I would like more options, such as setting the fully-lit time in addition to fade in, fade out times.

[*]It seems to flicker a bit when fading in or out so does not appear smooth, almost as if not all 20 brightness levels/steps are being used or it is even switching off briefly between some of the lower steps (a bit like slow pulse-width-modulation would do). This is particularly noticeable as it is fading out. Using a similar configuration in the Swedroid "Optimus 2X Touch LED Notifications" app does not flicker in the same way.

Bugs

[*]Pulse does not work at all if the notificaton's "Brightness" setting is too low (10 or less, for example)

Edited by withoutwings

Guest ermacwins
I have someone on board for the CM7 framework maintenance and will be moving forward with that shortly.

Beta2 will be released today*, once I squash the 3 bugs I have on my list. Will release to market Monday/Tuesday depending on how the beta test goes.

Future Feature List added to Post#2, suggestions welcome.

* ChangeLog on Post #2

Good stuff. Any news for galaxy s2?

Guest lilHermit
Hi lilHermit,

Here are some comments I'd like to make after testing beta2:

Functionality

• A "test" function that adds a notification item which uses the defaults would be handy. You could place this under Menu-Softkey-->Test Notification so that it's not in the way.
  • It needs an option to "use defaults for all notifications" as it will get very tedious to manually change every single app when you want all to behave the same
  • A configurable "night mode" would be useful so that the light won't wake someone up! So I could do something like disable at 10PM and re-enable at 7AM for example so I still see the notification when I wake up.
    • I don't see the need to have the "info" items on the main screen. You could combine them into a single "info" item that shows a popup, or Menu-Softkey-->Info
    • The "Defaults" settings should all be put on the front page; disabled if "use defaults for all notifications" is unchecked. The "Applications" item is only enabled if that option is checked.
    • Screen on brightness setting should on its own on the main screen as it is independent of the notification settings. I would argue to have the actual slider there instead of as a popup.
      • Why is LED brightness from 1 to 21? I'm pretty sure that the values in /sys/devices/platform/star_touch_led/wled are from 0 (off) to 20 (fully lit).
      • Screen-on brightness should change the LED brightness instantly as I drag the slider.
      • The time sliders should snap to 100ms steps at least. There isn't much point in having values like 1012 or 7554, not to mention that they definitely won't be divisible by 20.
      • The time slider value should have "ms" displayed after the value to make the unit of time clear.

Pulse Mode

[*]I would like more options, such as setting the fully-lit time in addition to fade in, fade out times.

[*]It seems to flicker a bit when fading in or out so does not appear smooth, almost as if not all 20 brightness levels/steps are being used or it is even switching off briefly between some of the lower steps (a bit like slow pulse-width-modulation would do). This is particularly noticeable as it is fading out. Using a similar configuration in the Swedroid "Optimus 2X Touch LED Notifications" app does not flicker in the same way.

Bugs

[*]Pulse does not work at all if the notificaton's "Brightness" setting is too low (10 or less, for example)

1-21 is a known bug that I was aware of before putting out beta2

I think the pulsing issue is because the 2x does not really support 20 levels of brightness very well, it basically. I see if I can refine it, I'm trying to not make the code too specific and Modularise it so I can support more handsets.

They are all very good constructive criticisms and I'll work to implement before putting on market although the UI changes may have to wait. :D

~

Guest withoutwings
1-21 is a known bug that I was aware of before putting out beta2

I think the pulsing issue is because the 2x does not really support 20 levels of brightness very well, it basically. I see if I can refine it, I'm trying to not make the code too specific and Modularise it so I can support more handsets.

They are all very good constructive criticisms and I'll work to implement before putting on market although the UI changes may have to wait. :D

~

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it! :D

Also, I may be able to lend a hand with some coding if you need as I am a programmer by trade; in fact I started to make a LED flashing/notification app myself before giving up when I noticed that the Swedroid one was just the same as I was going to make! (And that's how I know that pulse should be able to appear smoother too - plus I don't think that should affect its modularity.)

But using a modified framework the way that you have is definitely the right way to go to do it properly, so I'll be excited to have this on my 2X.

Edited by withoutwings