[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Johninadelaide1967
Thanks for the detailed instructions CS .. followed them to the letter .. apart from step1 , where i used KK's 'repackaged Optus 2.2 prepaid ROM' with the supplied ZTE flashing tool , all contained in his zip file, here... http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1697683 (scroll to post #169)

Yay , no more ugly ZTE splashscreen at powerup , and also gave me a chance to note the optus supplied APN's down

That link does not work for me..... It's also been copied on whirlpool and I want that zip file

Guest garfin
I got that unzipped it but how do I do the upgrade? There are two .exe files ......

If this is the 1st time you've tried , you'll run DriverInstaller.exe to install the drivers into Windows that Windows will need to communicate with the Tab , when Tab is connected via USB cable.. (FTM mode etc)

The actual upgrade is performed by Sales_Multi....exe program, once you point that program at the \files\ subfolder , and select correct COM port for your USB connected and FTM'ed Tablet.

Refer to Caustic Soda's instructions for a more throrough explanation ?

Edited by garfin

Guest Johninadelaide1967
If this is the 1st time you've tried , you'll run DriverInstaller.exe to install the drivers into Windows that Windows will need to communicate with the Tab , when Tab is connected via USB cable.. (FTM mode etc)

The actual upgrade is performed by Sales_Multi....exe program, once you point that program at the \files\ subfolder , and select correct COM port for your USB connected and FTM'ed Tablet.

Refer to Casutic Soda's instructions for a more throrough explanation ?

I did all that but when I ran the Sales exe it asked for a file called RecordCSV.sdi

Also I can't get FTM mode as I have clockworkmod on there. How do I get rid of that

Edited by Johninadelaide1967

Guest garfin
I did all that but when I ran the Sales exe it asked for a file called RecordCSV.sdi

Also I can't get FTM mode as I have clockworkmod on there. How do I get rid of that

that file should get created by Sales_Multi when its being executed.. Are you using Vista/Windows7 ?? if so ensure you are running Sales_multi as Admin... right click and choose 'Run as Administrator'..

FTM ...

Power unit on while volume-down is depressed. hold both buttons down until theTab Vibrates ( a couple of seconds) release power, then release vol - Some devices , depending on roms installed in past, will either dispay "FTM" or else apprear 'stuck' at the green android , or ZTE logo.. dont stress..

USB connect to PC , and you should hear the familiar "ive found hardware" noise that Windows makes... goto device manager and see that COM port it has accociated with the Tablet.. Mine gets recognised as COM8 ... *results may vary*

Guest Johninadelaide1967
that file should get created by Sales_Multi when its being executed.. Are you using Vista/Windows7 ?? if so ensure you are running Sales_multi as Admin... right click and choose 'Run as Administrator'..

FTM ...

Power unit on while volume-down is depressed. hold both buttons down until theTab Vibrates ( a couple of seconds) release power, then release vol - Some devices , depending on roms installed in past, will either dispay "FTM" or else apprear 'stuck' at the green android , or ZTE logo.. dont stress..

USB connect to PC , and you should hear the familiar "ive found hardware" noise that Windows makes... goto device manager and see that COM port it has accociated with the Tablet.. Mine gets recognised as COM8 ... *results may vary*

Windows 7 and I have tried all that... No FTM on the screen and could that be caused by clockwork being on there?

When I try to get FTM on the screen I get the green android then the bit for clockworkmod keeps recurring

Guest garfin
Windows 7 and I have tried all that... No FTM on the screen and could that be caused by clockwork being on there?

When I try to get FTM on the screen I get the green android then the bit for clockworkmod keeps recurring

I'm @ loss to explain it .. i'm trying it here on mine , and it works.. (Vol- , not Vol+)

try it this way..

1. Remove battery , count to 20 ..

2. Instert Battery , close case ..

3. Press Vol - and keep depressed

4. Press Power On , and keep it depressed also ..

5. Wait for Green android to appear, and then continue to keep both depressed until Tab Vibrates or Power LED goes out ...

( On mine . what happens is... Power light comes on ... then Green Android appears ... after a few seconds, the screen & Green Android dim (slightly) and then the power LED goes out ..)

6. Release the power button , then the Vol - button ... Green Android should remain 'stuck' on the screen...

tried it a handful of times in the last few minutes, and it works flawlessly this way , for me...

Guest modacool

FTM doesnt work while clockwork is installed.

The only way it to reflash stock, then you get FTM recovery (There's also an app I saw somewhere which installs the stock recovery, which I would imagine is FTM, though I haven't tried it)

To get into the stock FTM you need to power the tablet up and as soon as it vibrates, press and hold volume + and volume - for a few seconds.

That should get you into FTM

Guest Johninadelaide1967
I'm @ loss to explain it .. i'm trying it here on mine , and it works.. (Vol- , not Vol+)

try it this way..

1. Remove battery , count to 20 ..

2. Instert Battery , close case ..

3. Press Vol - and keep depressed

4. Press Power On , and keep it depressed also ..

5. Wait for Green android to appear, and then continue to keep both depressed until Tab Vibrates or Power LED goes out ...

( On mine . what happens is... Power light comes on ... then Green Android appears ... after a few seconds, the screen & Green Android dim (slightly) and then the power LED goes out ..)

6. Release the power button , then the Vol - button ... Green Android should remain 'stuck' on the screen...

tried it a handful of times in the last few minutes, and it works flawlessly this way , for me...

I'm at a loss too...... Maybe I'll just buy another Tab and try this with one out of the box .. I have both the retail update and the modified one so I'll try both. I'm not one to persist and keep trying and this is doing my head in as I normally can work these things out with little fuss.

Have also posted on whirlpool and seeing what info I can get there.

Guest Johninadelaide1967
I'm at a loss too...... Maybe I'll just buy another Tab and try this with one out of the box .. I have both the retail update and the modified one so I'll try both. I'm not one to persist and keep trying and this is doing my head in as I normally can work these things out with little fuss.

Have also posted on whirlpool and seeing what info I can get there.

Just tried what you suggested and my tab loops through twice then opens ClockworkMod...... First off is there a way to remove clockwork mod

Guest Johninadelaide1967

The only way it to reflash stock, then you get FTM recovery (There's also an app I saw somewhere which installs the stock recovery, which I would imagine is FTM, though I haven't tried it)

To get into the stock FTM you need to power the tablet up and as soon as it vibrates, press and hold volume + and volume - for a few seconds.

That should get you into FTM

How do I remove clockwork? Must be a way to get rid of that

Guest modacool

search for that stock recovery installer, it's there somewhere. otherwise reflash in diagnostics.

Guest grumpy347
you are a legend my friend..thank you all for your help, flashing back to 2.2 as i type.

i will try the upgrade again to see if i can get it right next time lol

ps for what it's worth..i cannot run this uprade from my win 7 desktop but it works from my xp laptop..go figure..

the saga continues lol...2.2 upgrade installed but stuck in 'optus' bootloop...flashed generic v1.0.0.B03...zte splash for 5 seconds then goes straight to FTM mode.....flashed optus v9 upgrade 30th april patched...green android mocking me !

all of these claim to have installed correctly but the sucker just wont boot ....how hard should i hit it with a hammer ???

Guest modacool
the saga continues lol...2.2 upgrade installed but stuck in 'optus' bootloop...flashed generic v1.0.0.B03...zte splash for 5 seconds then goes straight to FTM mode.....flashed optus v9 upgrade 30th april patched...green android mocking me !

all of these claim to have installed correctly but the sucker just wont boot ....how hard should i hit it with a hammer ???

if you flashed correctly, remove the battery for a few seconds, and then boot while holding volume down, back, menu (this might not be exactly the keystroke needed, but it worked for me while trying, dont worry it will boot normally eventually)

Edited by modacool

Guest Dario93

Please don't use the "Report" function to specify eventual bugs.

It's thought to report abuses and similars :D

Greets,

D.

Guest Johninadelaide1967
Please don't use the "Report" function to specify eventual bugs.

It's thought to report abuses and similars :D

Greets,

D.

I hit report by accident.... Didn't have my glasses on

Guest neos_83

Wrong. FTM mode works fine, you just don't see FTM on the screen, you see whatever your splash image is. However it is still in FTM mode.

I have clockwork installed, and can still get into FTM by pressing vol down + power. I know this because the flashing tool recognises my tab when connected.

Guest modacool
Wrong. FTM mode works fine, you just don't see FTM on the screen, you see whatever your splash image is. However it is still in FTM mode.

I have clockwork installed, and can still get into FTM by pressing vol down + power. I know this because the flashing tool recognises my tab when connected.

mine doesnt, comes up as an error in device, even though i have the drivers.

Guest gibbyman

Same for me...

Guest grumpy347
if you flashed correctly, remove the battery for a few seconds, and then boot while holding volume down, back, menu (this might not be exactly the keystroke needed, but it worked for me while trying, dont worry it will boot normally eventually)

thanks i will give that a try but keeping the hammer nearby :D

success!..booted into generic by holding vol+ while booting......can't wait to screw it up again hahahaha.

thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated :D

Edited by grumpy347

Guest Luke Smith

Back to the touch sensitivity issues, the issue seems to be mechanical. There seems to be a gap between the front layer of plastic and the digitizer along the top and right sides. You can feel a step on those edges when you rub your nail over it that isn't on the other sides. Also, if you press very hard you can get it to register input right up to the edge as you flex the front plastic into the gap a bit. The end effect is that I need to scrape the screen with my nail to get the notification bar down, rather than just my finger as with most other input.

Still, for $99 who's arguing?