Best place to buy Huawei U8800 in the UK?

Guest That-Guy

Guest That-Guy

After Paul getting all excited about this phone on Twitter I really want one! Going to upgrade from my ZTE Blade :P

Where is the Best / Cheapest / Trusted place to buy this phone in the UK?

Also if I do get it I may be up for lending it out to a dev to work on CM7 or similar for it if that will help?

Guest yorksims

As above,Carphone Warehouse seems cheapest at the moment at £169.95

I bought one from my local shop for "she who must be obeyed" earlier this week and she loves it.It has a nice big screen,comes with Froyo and is prety quick out of the box in stock format but Paul seems to be busy developing stuff for the U8800 at the moment so things can only get better.

The Carphone warehouse handsets are unlocked and sim free so there's no PAYG top up to be added to the price,you just pay the £169.95.

Guest yorksims

The CPW site showed out of stock when I bought our U8800 on monday but I phoned my local branch and they had some,It seems that when the site shows out of stock it means they have none in their central warehouse but there may still be stock in the shops so if you've got one near you it might be worth giving them a ring.

We had the same expierience a few weeks ago when we wanted a Samsung Galaxy Apollo i5800 for our daughters birthday,CPWs site said no stock but the shops had them.Incidentaly the i5800s were also unlocked and unbranded and the staff in the shop just gave you a sim pack for whichever PAYG network you wanted.

Edited by yorksims

Guest That-Guy

Thanks for the heads up :P

Have two near me within walking distance so that will give me something to do tomorrow :rolleyes:

Guest yorksims

I hope you get lucky but if not if you check Paul's twitter account he's tweeted today that he can supply them at £179.99 inc p&p and a years ad free membership here at the forum so only a tenner dearer and you're getting your ad free year.

Guest That-Guy
I hope you get lucky but if not if you check Paul's twitter account he's tweeted today that he can supply them at £179.99 inc p&p and a years ad free membership here at the forum so only a tenner dearer and you're getting your ad free year.

Wicked, will check CPW tomorrow and if not will be seeing Paul :P

Guest Teasy

Any idea when these might be appearing on contract?

EDIT: Though I suppose if I don't want to wait I could just get a new contract with a new phone, sell the phone and use the money to buy the U8800.

I've seen a deal on Orange for a Samsung Galaxy Ace for £25 but with 13 months of the 24 month contract free plus a further £40 rebate. So the total cost of the contract after rebate is £235 and the Ace is free. Sell the Ace for £150 on ebay, use the money to buy the U8800 and I've got:

Free U8800 - 300 mins (I use about 100 usually), unlimited texts, 500MB internet - £10.62 per month (assuming the U8800 costs me £20 more then I can sell the Ace for).

EDIT 2: Found an even better deal, same as above, price of U8800 included - £6.45 per month :P Some of these cashback mobile phone sites are mental :rolleyes:

Edited by Teasy

Guest That-Guy

If it were me I would buy the phone and stick a giffgaff sim in it :P

For £10 p/m you get 250mins / Unlimited Texts / Unlimited Data, thats what I use!

Guest airchie

2nd That-guy, giffgaff is really good.

Think I might get one of these to play with before giving it to my mum.

Look forward to seeing your deal Paul, as my membership just ran out... :P

Guest de_shepherd
Go to buy it from the CPW site and its down for maintenance I swear its a sign :P

They've been swamped with orders for their clearance ... looks like their systems got overloaded.

May be its a sign that I shouldn't keep going there and hovering over the "buy now" button on the £200 Desire Z!

Guest That-Guy
They've been swamped with orders for their clearance ... looks like their systems got overloaded.

May be its a sign that I shouldn't keep going there and hovering over the "buy now" button on the £200 Desire Z!

Wonder if they delivery Saturdays? doubt it :P

Guest yorksims

You might be able to get it delivered to one of your local CPW shops for saturday.

When you buy online you get the option of delivery to your home or to your local shop for collection.

As per the other 2 users above I also use Giffgaff.My contract expired earlier this year so I thought I'd give Giffgaff a go and it's superb especially as the unlimited internet use really is unlimited and there's not a fair use clause hidden in print so small you need an electron microscope to read it!

I work away from home a fair amount so tether my SGS to my lappy while I'm away so for my £10 a month I'm getting 250 mins,unlimited texts,unlimited data and mobile broadband.I challenge anyone to find even a sim only contract deal that will give me all that for a tenner!!

Guest Teasy
If it were me I would buy the phone and stick a giffgaff sim in it :P

For £10 p/m you get 250mins / Unlimited Texts / Unlimited Data, thats what I use!

Thanks for the suggestion. Unlimited data is tempting, but O2 coverage is pretty poor in my area. Also that would put the price of the whole thing at £17 a montt (including the phone) so it wouldn't be the cheapest.

Edited by Teasy

Guest That-Guy
Thanks for the suggestion. Unlimited data is tempting, but O2 coverage is pretty poor in my area. Also that would put the price of the whole thing at £17 a montt (including the phone) so it wouldn't be the cheapest.

Fair Enough :P

Just hurry up and get the phone so I am not the only one posting in this section :rolleyes: